SomeRandomGuy is offline Associate Member

Personal best: 225x8 reps on Military Press

Wow, I'm on week 7 of my cycle, and I'm finally starting to feel seriously buff. Pumped 225 on Military Press for 8 reps, I don't think I've ever done that. It was actually easy as hell. I'm sure I could do more, but someone told me never press heavy weights overhead if you want to have rotator cuffs... Thought I'd make a compromise and only do what I can rep...

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    Wow, I'm on week 7 of my cycle, and I'm finally starting to feel seriously buff. Pumped 225 on Military Press for 8 reps, I don't think I've ever done that. It was actually easy as hell. I'm sure I could do more, but someone told me never press heavy weights overhead if you want to have rotator cuffs... Thought I'd make a compromise and only do what I can rep...
    they obviously have a degree in broscience

Yeah, isn't it funny how people's strong opinion magically turns into science fact when they believe it enough. Come up with the proof later, or use irrelevant observations in an attempt to back it up.

bigboomer is offline Associate Member
    Just make sure you warm your rotator cuffs up vefore every shoulder workout.. Never had any issues and I also go heavy as hell too..good job brotha..
    Last edited by bigboomer; 10-29-2010 at 08:09 AM.

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Good job man!

Thx, yeah never been able to rep 225 with ease. I know I posted that guy who did 405 or 495 or whatever, but that's not me . I'd be pleased with 315 for reps.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    good work man.. i never go below 3 inches on chest or below 90 on shoulder exercises.. seen too many people damage themselves that way.. and obviously by my pic in my Avi.. it does not effect your gains

3 inches sounds fair. That's pretty close to the chest. When you say 90 deg, you mean like chin level, right? Those 225's I did were basically all the way to chest. But I've heard that chin level saves you from injury. When it comes to bench, however, I always go all the way down and all the way up to a lockout. I know you can still build without doing that, and that's fine. People are too anal. Now if you're only doing a half rep and working only triceps, like I see every single day in the gym, then I have to stop looking so I don't laugh. People throwing 10 times more than they're capable of lifting on the bar and then going down 4 inches...

Now if you care about powerlifting competitions... Which ... aren't real important... anyways, you'd need to pause press on the chest or for squats be rock bottom parallel... Or if they don't like you, sub parallel.

Yeah you got some size on you. But look at my avatar of Scott Mendelson and his big corn-fed, 1015lb bench pressin ass.

Huh, I never read this:

http://www.criticalbench.com/Scott-Mendelson.htm

Says reverse flies help bench. Or basically back strength in general helps you bench. I agree... Should almost do some chin ups before benching. I noticed my reverse flies have gone up way past a personal record this time around, too... I can do 220 for 12 easy ones on the machine. Now with the mechanical advantage of 1-2 pulleys, who knows what that weight really is... All I know is I couldn't do that before.
    Last edited by SomeRandomGuy; 10-29-2010 at 05:43 PM.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    and obviously by my pic in my Avi.. it does not effect your gains
    Man for a second there I thought the BigBossMan was a live !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Personal best:  225x8 reps on Military Press-bigbossman.jpg  

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Vettester is offline Banned
    Good job!! It's always nice when you can see some noticeable improvements!

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Almost looks like me, minus the gigantic tire on his gut. I have one, just not that inflated. What is that, size 48 waist?

BTW, Hawaiian; that chick in your avy has some gigantic arms, but still manages to have good skin complexion and feminine features. The rest of her looks normal, but look at arms... Monster tris.

jbran23 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    BTW, Hawaiian; that chick in your avy has some gigantic arms, but still manages to have good skin complexion and feminine features. The rest of her looks normal, but look at arms... Monster tris.
    Ive been checkin HP's avi out too and didnt even notice her arms until you said it. Eyes have been stuck on her ass. Any idea who that girl is or is she just a random you found HP?

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jbran23 View Post
    Ive been checkin HP's avi out too and didnt even notice her arms until you said it. Eyes have been stuck on her ass. Any idea who that girl is or is she just a random you found HP?
    Monique Minton.

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    lmao i didnt either haha massive arms

I looked at her pics... She's not as big as she seems, actually quite the contrary. Not that much mass but definitely defined. Funny how muscles look 3x big when there's no fat on them, that and a tan and some oil probably help . And she's flexing on that fence. Still bigger than most women, though. Not hardcore bodybuilder chicks, but at least she still looks quite female. Can't say the same for them. Wanna see a woman that doesn't look anything like female? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrrX48PPkPs
    Last edited by SomeRandomGuy; 10-29-2010 at 09:10 PM.

A lot of the photos on google are many of her pre-contest shots. She does have some meat on them arms though, I've got several of her off-season photos.

Ahh, she must bulk up and then lean out on the off season. I'm not a huge fan of female bodybuilding... But that's just me. Give me 100lbs at 4' 10", and that's be fine.

Haha she's a fitness competitor and IFBB pro Bikini competitor but I'm not a fan of female bodybuilders in terms of attractiveness either.

Also, that pose causes her tricep to contract, not to mention her arm is pushed against her side, making the illusion of a bigger arm. Her other photos don't look like that. I just love the ass in it.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianPride. View Post
    A lot of the photos on google are many of her pre-contest shots. She does have some meat on them arms though, I've got several of her off-season photos.

Thats what I was looking for were some off season photos of her but everything that came up was her on stage. She lost that nice ass in all of the pics! What a shame.

I was reading a little paragraph on her and she lists her favorite cheat foods as bread, peanut butter, and cheese. 3 things I eat pretty much every day. lol. I dont think I could ever be that serious into bodybuilding and fitness.

Monique Minton.
    ^^Sorry I get my babes mixed up lol. Jamie Koeppe

Thats what I was looking for were some off season photos of her but everything that came up was her on stage. She lost that nice ass in all of the pics! What a shame.

I was reading a little paragraph on her and she lists her favorite cheat foods as bread, peanut butter, and cheese. 3 things I eat pretty much every day. lol. I dont think I could ever be that serious into bodybuilding and fitness.
    I can see how bread and cheese might be considered cheat food, but why peanut butter? If you just eat a tablespoon or so, it's a good source of fat.

Cheese is just pure awesome. Too bad it isn't good for you. Tastes good on everything, or just by itself.

^^Sorry I get my babes mixed up lol. Jamie Koeppe
    AHA! There that sexy ass is! lol. Couldnt tell from the side view in your avi that it wasnt the same girl but the ass definitely didnt look the same. Just figured it was because her bodyfat was so low in the pics I saw.

Thread Information