dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries

typically frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

training had been going fantastic, all lifts up and size coming on very nicely, body fat dropping and next fookn thing boom!!!! fookn front delt pain, i pushed my shoulder workout alittle too much, as per fookn usual i went too heavy on front raises, next day i was in agony. just felt i was ready to go up a tad in them, boy was i wrong . its on my left side and intense when i raise my hand across my chest and towards my right ear. ive not properly trained for 2wks now and its not showing any sign of going away. anyone had similar and have any ideas to fix? ive been icing twice a day, even tried injecting my gh into that arrear in total desparation!!!! would light stretching be beneficial? it sometimes feels like something is rubbing over something more solid, like muscle/tendon trying to get over a bone if thats a clear picture? any suggestions welcome
    Last edited by dec11; 11-16-2010 at 10:59 PM.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Luck of the Irish huh...

Two weeks and not healing, sounds bad, see a doc bro.

Heavy front raises are crap, never felt safe doing them, one of the worst excerises for impingements. Unless you are using them for pre-exhaust with light weight.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Ouch! I bet some slow stretching might help even with a little massage to help to start move the energy. What about something like Polar Ice while sleeping? Maybe a hot tub and then ice? Hope you feel better DEC!
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 11-16-2010 at 11:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    so fookn annoyed with myself for going back 2 front raises, defo done with em now! maybe i should just drop all upper body exercises for a week or so?????

LGM
    LGM is offline Senior Member
    Unless you know for a fact that it's just from going to heavy, I'd go get it checked out. Better safe than sorry with shoulders.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LGM View Post
    Unless you know for a fact that it's just from going to heavy, I'd go get it checked out. Better safe than sorry with shoulders.
    yep, its bcos i went too heavy then it felt better 3 days later so i tried a bit of chest work and stupidly enuf im back to square one. its a sharp knife like pain

bruary17 is offline Member
    Not the best sign that you can't reach across your chest to the other shoulder. Def give it a break. Hopfully it's just a strained muscle and not your rotator cuff or bicep labrum. I wouldn't ice or heat it either, just rest it. Icing /heating can do more harm depending on the injury. GL!

Blog Entries
    cheers, the 1st initial reach across my body is agony but if i hold in a light stretch it eases off and then i can repeat the movement with just alittle tension in the front delt. interestingly, for afew years ive always had a dull aching pain in that shoulder when reaching my limit on bicep curls, on previous cycles i was going up to 27.5kg dbell curls, poss that this ha had a detrimental effect on tendons etc??

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Whens the last time you had a break ? Maybe take a week off.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Whens the last time you had a break ? Maybe take a week off.
    yeah man, had been grinding it out hard since mid sept after i came back from 10days hols. just hope this clears soon, its frustrating not knowing when the hell i can get back to weights, loadsa cardio 4 now

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    yeah man, had been grinding it out hard since mid sept after i came back from 10days hols. just hope this clears soon, its frustrating not knowing when the hell i can get back to weights, loadsa cardio 4 now
    Take the week and relax. You will do more damage pushing through it which will have to sitting on the side lines even longer. Ice for the first 48 hours then heat. Those icey hot stick pads are pretty good. I have used those for my lower back. This way you don't have to worry about holding the heating pad on the muscle.

Blog Entries
    wel the good news is that this morning i have very little pain and almost full range of movement again, thank fook!!!! would you guys say i should give it another week and start back light again?? i need to be spoon fed info when it comes 2 injuries lol

Blog Entries
    Def give it more time. I made this mistake with a torn trap muscle. Felt good few days later, i lifted same week and i was right back where i started from. I took 2 weeks off and was fine when i went back.

HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    definately go light and see if it improves while doing so...i wonder if you pinched a nerve or a tore muscle/tendon

Blog Entries
    well fuk me, at work 2nite (doorman) i managed to get in 3 diff fights and boom ive popped the friggin shoulder good and proper again. jesus h, i give up!!!!!

Blog Entries
    man this is soul destroying, shoulder was coming good gradually and i go and get in another fukn fight at work last night!!! right back to square one with an agonising stabbing pain deep in front delt area, really bad this time. i now havent trained upper body (bar triceps and v light bi's) in a month and its gettin to me big time. after searching symptoms im leaning towards damaged biceps tendon, going to see doc 2mro for proper diagnosis. i was considering using anadrol for 5wks as ive read it can be useful for these type of joint injuries, anyone have any experience?? asshole swung at me while the other grabbed my arm on the injured side. on consulation, i managed to knock one out and burst his lip, headbutted the other guy, his eye was swollen shut by the time police arrived
    gutted im going to be out of training for an even lengthier period now, down 8lbs already

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Had the same thing happen to my right delt late last year. Just lowered my weight lifted. Took damn near 2 months to recover. Babied it another month or so.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    Had the same thing happen to my right delt late last year. Just lowered my weight lifted. Took damn near 2 months to recover. Babied it another month or so.
    this is really sharp, like something is about to tear. when i move my shoulder/arm in certain motions the pain is so bad it makes me cry out and it goes into an almost spasm like wave of pain for a few secs. im kinda afraid to attempt even light stuff with it incase it gets worse and/or doesnt heal. ive had a dull ache in the front delt area for a few years now while doing dbell bi curls and stupidly ignored it and i think the heavy front raises tipped it over the egde. i'll neva do another fukn front raise again!!!!

lifeforce0019 is offline Associate Member
    If you have insurance that provides access to a physical therapist or chiropractor find a practitioner with expertise in active release techniques and the graston technique. You will thank me later!

http://www.rotatorcuff.net/artvsgraston.htm

Good luck man! Shoulder injuries suck. Ask me how I know - - - :-(

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    this is really sharp, like something is about to tear. when i move my shoulder/arm in certain motions the pain is so bad it makes me cry out and it goes into an almost spasm like wave of pain for a few secs. im kinda afraid to attempt even light stuff with it incase it gets worse and/or doesnt heal. ive had a dull ache in the front delt area for a few years now while doing dbell bi curls and stupidly ignored it and i think the heavy front raises tipped it over the egde. i'll neva do another fukn front raise again!!!!
    mine started feeling like a dry grinding until the day it actually stung like a sharp pain. I was doing front barbell raises and that was the end of it. I felt it for a while after when doing things like preacher curls

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeforce0019 View Post
    If you have insurance that provides access to a physical therapist or chiropractor find a practitioner with expertise in active release techniques and the graston technique. You will thank me later!

http://www.rotatorcuff.net/artvsgraston.htm

Good luck man! Shoulder injuries suck. Ask me how I know - - - :-(
    cheers mate, i'll see what doc thinks 2mro, really hope i dont have to go down the cortisone route

Blog Entries
    fookin hell, looks like a long lay off training, doc has referred me to hospital where they will open my shoulder up and check everything with a camera and repair anything if ness. just when training was going great

time to hit the cardio and aim for sub 10% bf now

Thread Information