Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."

Have a question about employment paychecks.

I know we have some legal guys on the boards and I have tried googling this with no answer so I will explain here.

My gf and I did some respite care for a healthcare orginazation from Oct 1-4. Basically what it is, is when they are waiting to place a patient into a long term living facility they ask for people to let the client live in thier home until they are placed and the company pays for groceries and room.
    It has been almost 60 days now and still no pay and no answer from the orginazation.
    Before people go flaming me that we did this for the money let me assure you we did not. We have been doing this for over a year and we still keep in contact with several of the people who have lived with us. This is the first time I have ever dealt with this orginazation.
    My beef is I believe we do something not every couple would do. If a place tells you this is what you are worth and then snow balls you, you have the right to be pissed. I filled out a wage complaint form with the Dept of Labor and I am considering contacting my state represenative. My beef is we are not the first people to be screwed by these people and I want to prevent it from happening to anyone else.
    I apologize for the long message.
    Last edited by Tigershark; 12-02-2010 at 10:22 PM.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    what kind of paperwork did you fill out with them? Were you under contract? Did you fill out a w-4 or a w-9 tax form?

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Call them everyday until you get paid.

Yes w-4 and a signed contract. I filled out a wage claim form with the dept of labor tonight. Calling my state rep tomorrow morning. Trying to figure out if there is anything else I can do.

Called them up today and asked for the employee number used on tax forms. Once I asked this they must have known I was going to file with the Dept of Labor because I got a bg wig on the phone. We talked it out and yes we are going to be getting paid. The guy I talked to said I should still file the wage claim with the Dept of Labor because this should have never happened. I was rip roaring pissed at first but after letting me vent I was surprised at how understanding they were. I actually started to feel like a bot of douche. Anyway everyones' advice was appreciated and I thank you.

Mr.
    Mr. is offline New Member
    Have you worked with this company before? If so, have they paid in the past? If not, have you tried submitting an invoice or calling them directly? I've worked with some clients who can be a little slow to pay, if you let them.

Thread Information