Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member

You either have it or you don't

I'm starting to feel that some people either have the genetics for BBing (in terms of being fairly huge) or they don't. Everyone can juice, eat 10,000 calories a day, and train they're balls off 5 days a week. However, It's all going to come down to genetics. Lately, I have been very unhappy with my physique and overall size, I have come along way, but I feel that I just don't have "it". In reality, I don't think most people have it. There comes a point where an abundance of juice and peptides isn't really gonna do much for you. There is always going to be room for slight improvement, and the guy who juices a lot and has an immaculate diet is always going to stand out in a crowed of ordinary people, but I don't think many guys will ever get near where they would like to be. I hear so much about everyones ideas on gear, training and dieting, but I feel like after 4-5 years of training and juicing, not much is gonna change in terms of a physique.....Genetics, they're a motherfvcker....

- Sorry for being negative. Today I just realized that all the determination in the world won't do you much good in BBing if you're not made for it.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Ive been making this point for many years now... a lot of people look at Mr O and say, "if I had the money to take all those drugs, I could get that big too"...

the truth is, of the millions of people using anabolics for muscle gain and the thousands using it while competing, a vry select few can actually attain the mass required to become a Pro and even fewer have the ability to perfect that "winning physique"

Hell, I put on size very easily with minimal gear, but I know that I am not even dedicated enough to think about competing at even an amateur level.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    I partially agree with you.. There are different body types.. and not anyone can get to the 250lb mark no matter how much they eat, how hard they train orhow much juice they do.. but anyone can acheive <10% BF with a muscular physique.. genetics just determines how hard you have to work to get there. I am fortunate to have genetics on my side.. 5'10" weighing 230lbs 15-17% BF with out even doing juice (when i was younger).. my brother on the other hand couldn't break 200lbs if his life depended on it and he is 6'1" .. thing is he is built like my dad and i am built like my mom's brothers/family

I think the key is to set realistic goals.. by the looks of your AVI you are a very ripped guy, a body type that women would prefer over mine any day of the week.. so sure i could genetically bench more than you, but what good does that do for me?? So keep your chin up bud.

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    I partially agree with you.. There are different body types.. and not anyone can get to the 250lb mark no matter how much they eat, how hard they train orhow much juice they do.. but anyone can acheive <10% BF with a muscular physique.. genetics just determines how hard you have to work to get there. I am fortunate to have genetics on my side.. 5'10" weighing 230lbs 15-17% BF with out even doing juice (when i was younger).. my brother on the other hand couldn't break 200lbs if his life depended on it and he is 6'1" .. thing is he is built like my dad and i am built like my mom's brothers/family

I think the key is to set realistic goals.. by the looks of your AVI you are a very ripped guy, a body type that women would prefer over mine any day of the week.. so sure i could genetically bench more than you, but what good does that do for me?? So keep your chin up bud.
    Thanks for the compliment. But thats when I was lean in June, 6'2" at 235ish...I'm about 255 lbs now and its not good weight. I'm meant to stay in the 235 range. But also, I agree whole-heartedly that anyone can get to 10% (espeically with all the drugs that are out) I just think FEW can get to a "big" 10%.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    Ive been making this point for many years now... a lot of people look at Mr O and say, "if I had the money to take all those drugs, I could get that big too"...

the truth is, of the millions of people using anabolics for muscle gain and the thousands using it while competing, a vry select few can actually attain the mass required to become a Pro and even fewer have the ability to perfect that "winning physique"

Hell, I put on size very easily with minimal gear, but I know that I am not even dedicated enough to think about competing at even an amateur level.
    KP with the exception of having to put a bag over your head, your bod looks great....

Ive been making this point for many years now... a lot of people look at Mr O and say, "if I had the money to take all those drugs, I could get that big too"...the truth is, of the millions of people using anabolics for muscle gain and the thousands using it while competing, a vry select few can actually attain the mass required to become a Pro and even fewer have the ability to perfect that "winning physique"

I'm sick of hearing that shit too. Or hearing this : "Having a pro card just means how much youre willing to risk your own health.." NO dickhead it doesn't mean that lol. Obviously they use some absurd doses, but how can people really give all their credit to juice, peptides, and gh?

Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    KP with the exception of having to put a bag over your head, your bod looks great....
    awww, thanx man

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    awww, thanx man
    i think he meant OP.. but i would have to agree with him if he was talking about you I mean.. look at my avi.. you would fvck that right???

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    I know how you feel man. I am going to start cycling hopefully summer of the next year... I'm glad that I held off for so long. I have some major goals and hopes, but I do get myself ready that the final result might not be what I wanted... or not even close to it.

Will see what the hell is going to happen.

One thing to keep in mind is... how many of the pros are acutally using a help of pro trainers and nutritionists. Some of these guys can't even tell what the hell they are eating because they have no clue. LoL.

I know I will use EVERY single option out there before I'm gonna say... "Hell with it... I was not meant to have that superior physique".

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    i think he meant OP.. but i would have to agree with him if he was talking about you I mean.. look at my avi.. you would fvck that right???
    draw in another ab line and Im down.

Skyler is offline I thought I knew it all...WRONG!
    I used to agree with this. I have learned better though. I am not gifted with good genetics. When i started working out as a freshman in highschool, I had 11.5 inch arms, and my max bench was 80lbs. I trained for 4 years before I got up to 255 max on bench, and had 15 inch arms. So even though I had the whole "highest natural testosterone levels of my life" going for me, and I worked out 5 days a week, and used all the protein shakes, creatine, vitamins, slept as much as possible, etc, in the end, it took me 4 years to hit a bench press that most kids at my school could hit, hell, there was even a 14 year old freshman doing 225x5 on bench.
    The army taught me a lot though. Not "how to workout" because they don't know anything about it. I learned just how much the body is capable of, though. I learned how well your body can actually handle things that are traditionally called "over training". I learned how much that something as simple as drinking enough water a day can make a drastic difference in your body. So, I decided to stop being so stubborn and thinking I knew so much about lifting. I had grew up lifting with a bodybuilder, and listening to his advice like gospel. So, there were so many things I would bash without trying, so many diets I wouldn't try, so many exercises I was sure were crap, etc.

When I decided to unlearn everything I had been taught, and just keep an open mind, and work my ASS off with countless hours of research from every source available, taking notes, comparing notes, trying new and old things, going through the process of elimination, really LISTENING to my body for the first time, and no longer blindly following what all the "pro's said they do" and the crap in the magazines, everything changed for me.
    Since March, I have gone from 162-165 to 210 at my heaviest (about 6 weeks ago) and currently 204. So, from March 3rd 2010 to December 14th 2010 I have gained 40 pounds, and I know it is muscle because I have actually dropped bodyfat. My bench press has gone up 150 lbs (I hit 405 at 201 bodyweight), I hit new personal records on deadlift with 585, all of my measurements are by far the best they have ever been, etc.

So I am now convinced that the whole "good genetics vs bad genetics" thing is just a bunch of crap. Depending on your genetics, you may work harder than others, you may have to do things completely different than everyone else, etc. I do not believe, though, that they completely limit the end results. Too many guys on here (not talking about you, just in general) and every gym in the world are so stubborn, they are so absolutely sure that they are doing all the right things, and they have learned everything, etc and then complain that they haven't made progress in X amount of time, they must have bad genetics, etc.

The bottom line is that your body doesn't know you want to be big, or strong, or lean, etc. It is an honest machine, it gives back what you put into it. It just responds honestly to whatever you do to it. So if you are giving it the wrong instruction, than it doesn't matter how convinced your mind is that they are the right instructions, your body will react the wrong way.
    It's like saying "barbell curls are great for calves". You can say that all you want, hell, you might even honestly believe it. You can be absolutely sure of it. So, you do barbell curls religiously, then notice that your calves never grow. Well, to your MIND, which is just certain that you have done all the right things to encourage calf growth notices the lack of calf development, you settle for the easy explanation like "I must have bad genetics, because I do all the right things, and I don't get the desired results".

I don't know, I guess I could rant about this forver, because I am very passionate about it, but I used to be one of those guys who was absolutely sure that I had bad genetics, and I was always so pissed off that I worked so hard and didn't even stand out after years of hard work. I have learned better though. Screw traditional knowledge, screw what the magazines say, screw what the other guys on this board say (no offense intended). Start from scratch, listen to your body in every aspect. Give your body what it requires, and it will respond the way you want it to. I have learned this first hand.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Well Said Sky. You need to write a book and call it... The Right Way, The Wrong Way, And The Realistic Way To Bodybuilding.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Been saying the same thing since day one.

I am 5'6 so i know my body physic is limited unless i cycle which i wont be doing anytime soon. A lot of people look at me funny when i say i been working out for as long as i have. They think i am suppose to look like a house. Well i don't but at the same time i am close to deadlifting 3x my bodyweight so im happy.
    Last edited by DSM4Life; 12-14-2010 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    I used to agree with this. I have learned better though. I am not gifted with good genetics. When i started working out as a freshman in highschool, I had 11.5 inch arms, and my max bench was 80lbs. I trained for 4 years before I got up to 255 max on bench, and had 15 inch arms. So even though I had the whole "highest natural testosterone levels of my life" going for me, and I worked out 5 days a week, and used all the protein shakes, creatine, vitamins, slept as much as possible, etc, in the end, it took me 4 years to hit a bench press that most kids at my school could hit, hell, there was even a 14 year old freshman doing 225x5 on bench.
    The army taught me a lot though. Not "how to workout" because they don't know anything about it. I learned just how much the body is capable of, though. I learned how well your body can actually handle things that are traditionally called "over training". I learned how much that something as simple as drinking enough water a day can make a drastic difference in your body. So, I decided to stop being so stubborn and thinking I knew so much about lifting. I had grew up lifting with a bodybuilder, and listening to his advice like gospel. So, there were so many things I would bash without trying, so many diets I wouldn't try, so many exercises I was sure were crap, etc.

When I decided to unlearn everything I had been taught, and just keep an open mind, and work my ASS off with countless hours of research from every source available, taking notes, comparing notes, trying new and old things, going through the process of elimination, really LISTENING to my body for the first time, and no longer blindly following what all the "pro's said they do" and the crap in the magazines, everything changed for me.
    Since March, I have gone from 162-165 to 210 at my heaviest (about 6 weeks ago) and currently 204. So, from March 3rd 2010 to December 14th 2010 I have gained 40 pounds, and I know it is muscle because I have actually dropped bodyfat. My bench press has gone up 150 lbs (I hit 405 at 201 bodyweight), I hit new personal records on deadlift with 585, all of my measurements are by far the best they have ever been, etc.

So I am now convinced that the whole "good genetics vs bad genetics" thing is just a bunch of crap. Depending on your genetics, you may work harder than others, you may have to do things completely different than everyone else, etc. I do not believe, though, that they completely limit the end results. Too many guys on here (not talking about you, just in general) and every gym in the world are so stubborn, they are so absolutely sure that they are doing all the right things, and they have learned everything, etc and then complain that they haven't made progress in X amount of time, they must have bad genetics, etc.

The bottom line is that your body doesn't know you want to be big, or strong, or lean, etc. It is an honest machine, it gives back what you put into it. It just responds honestly to whatever you do to it. So if you are giving it the wrong instruction, than it doesn't matter how convinced your mind is that they are the right instructions, your body will react the wrong way.
    It's like saying "barbell curls are great for calves". You can say that all you want, hell, you might even honestly believe it. You can be absolutely sure of it. So, you do barbell curls religiously, then notice that your calves never grow. Well, to your MIND, which is just certain that you have done all the right things to encourage calf growth notices the lack of calf development, you settle for the easy explanation like "I must have bad genetics, because I do all the right things, and I don't get the desired results".

I don't know, I guess I could rant about this forver, because I am very passionate about it, but I used to be one of those guys who was absolutely sure that I had bad genetics, and I was always so pissed off that I worked so hard and didn't even stand out after years of hard work. I have learned better though. Screw traditional knowledge, screw what the magazines say, screw what the other guys on this board say (no offense intended). Start from scratch, listen to your body in every aspect. Give your body what it requires, and it will respond the way you want it to. I have learned this first hand.
    Excellent progress. I admire it greatly...but, it's unrealistic to think that most people could even obtain half of that progress...

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Been saying the same thing since day one.

I am 5'6 so i know my body physic is limited unless i cycle which i wont be doing anytime soon. A lot of people look at me funny when i say i been working out for as long as i have. They think i am suppose to look like a house. Well i don't but at the same time i am close to deadlifting 3x my bodyweight so im happy.
    you've never cycled?!?!?

Skyler is offline I thought I knew it all...WRONG!
    Quote Originally Posted by ****** View Post
    Excellent progress. I admire it greatly...but, it's unrealistic to think that most people could even obtain half of that progress...
    Only if they don't give their body the right instructions. I realize that every type of method has some sort of benefit. So, I take advantage of all of them in order to gain maximum benefits. I will use barbells, dumbbells, cables, machines, hammer strength, resistance bands, calisthenics, etc. I will alternate from full body workouts to single body part workouts, from working out 2 days a week to working out 7 days a week, etc. I refuse to believe there is any single right way to do anything. And that is what helps me. Realizing that although I personally love barbell bench press for chest mass, it is not the only way to build a chest. When i think about my own progress, when I think "I have gained 40 lbs in less than a year", it sounds unbelievable, unrealistic. I never would have thought it was possible either. By listening to my body, and doing what is right for me, at all times, no matter how that might change at any given time, that is what the result has been.

I hope you can figure out a better approach to your goals, and I hope you can spurt new growth in your body. Good luck buddy.

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    i joined the gym in march doing whatever i felt cause i had no idea, got on this site in may became pretty serious in july mind you i went to the gym everyday since march but still ate whatever i felt like. i started at 253lbs probably over 30%bf (i have pics on my profile) now its december im 210lbs not 100% sure the body fat at 213 i got a test done and it said 15% lets say im 16-17% give or take a percent because i dont know how accurate the test is. im 5'11 ive never cycled but to be honest id trade bodies with anyone that cant break 200 and has low bf

basically i dont know what you call my genetics good or bad but ill never feel like im not fat because ive been fat my whole life
    Last edited by Standby; 12-14-2010 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Standby View Post
    i joined the gym in march doing whatever i felt cause i had no idea, got on this site in may became pretty serious in july mind you i went to the gym everyday since march but still ate whatever i felt like. i started at 253lbs probably over 30%bf (i have pics on my profile) now its december im 210lbs not 100% sure the body fat at 213 i got a test done and it said 15% lets say im 16-17% give or take a percent because i dont know how accurate the test is. im 5'11 ive never cycled but to be honest id trade bodies with anyone that cant break 200 and has low bf

basically i dont know what you call my genetics good or bad but ill never feel like im not fat because ive been fat my whole life
    date fat chicks and you will always feel slim... chicks use fat friends to look better.

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    date fat chicks and you will always feel slim... chicks use fat friends to look better.
    you have a point. the fatter the better looking i am. its like the opposite of drinking

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I have really long arms, a very stubborn veneer of fat in the abdominal area making it very difficult for a six pack, and legs that are more suited for long distance running. Some people have more, and some people have less challanges in getting that perfect proportion BB's are looking for

119gold is offline Junior Member
    i think that's a copout in a way. Sure, some lucky people have gifted genetics, and they are as big as me without workout out...but anyone can gain a lot of muscle, some just have to work harder than others

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post

great post

Thread Information