Thread: Stupid Gyms

biggerisbetter1827 is offline Junior Member

Stupid Gyms

So I'm pretty choked, over the christmas break both my university gym and the city gym up by my house have decided to close down for two weeks over the break....LIke what the Fvck?! Now my only other choices are World Health or Golds and they want like 20 bucks for drop-in, and neither of them have like a monthly membership fee, they want me to sign up for a whole year!!! Just when I'm starting to make some awesome gains, I might have to slow down!!!

Just felt like I needed to get that off my chest! Anyone else getting screwed over these holidays? lol

Skyler is offline I thought I knew it all...WRONG!
    gyms in my state don't even use contracts anymore, you can pay month to month or up front for a package deal. If you do the auto pay you can cancel at anytime.
    If i were you I would switch to full body workouts 2x a week and just bite the bullet and pay to visit the gym 4x during the break. Muscle is worth more than money.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Go to golds gym website and print out a one week free trial three days into the break. That way you only miss a week and that week will be split up. I've used the free trial a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    gyms in my state don't even use contracts anymore, you can pay month to month or up front for a package deal. If you do the auto pay you can cancel at anytime.
    If i were you I would switch to full body workouts 2x a week and just bite the bullet and pay to visit the gym 4x during the break. Muscle is worth more than money.
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    Go to golds gym website and print out a one week free trial three days into the break. That way you only miss a week and that week will be split up. I've used the free trial a few times.
    I think there is a push to get that kind of system up here. Thats the reason I haven`t signed up with these gyms just because of the fact I don`t want to be locked in for a year. And my city gym does the month by month which is great for me when I`m not in university over the summer. But ya I`ve already alloted a little money out my christmas shopping fund to pay the drop in fees if need be lol. I`ll see how far I can get on free week passes first. There is like 3 or 4 golds where I live so maybe I can find some way to bounce around! lol

Brewster is offline Member
    I like the 1 week free trial option

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Most Gold's Gyms are opened 24 hours and do close early on Sundays and sometimes are open until 2pm on holidays.

Trimaxis210 is offline New Member
    Hey I noticed you mentioned world health, r u in Calgary? If you are I manage a gym in the nw, and I cab set you up with a free week and give you a good deal on a second week if you are interested.

Rodax is offline Associate Member
    Well I used gold's for a year and then after that my contract didn't really renew, I was just month to monthing it...but that was after a year and being tired of the packed rec center at my school. They had this other place in town that was like $30 a month but they did a special deal with students to where if they worked there like 15 hours a month or 5 hours a week they gave them a free membership -I never looked into that tho. Kinda looking at seeing if I can get a front desk job at Golds so I don't have to pay fees anymore at least until I'm outta school.

Quote Originally Posted by Trimaxis210 View Post
    Hey I noticed you mentioned world health, r u in Calgary? If you are I manage a gym in the nw, and I cab set you up with a free week and give you a good deal on a second week if you are interested.
    That would be awesome! But I'm actually in Edmonton ha.

I notice that World Health has a free week thing going on as well. So I think I'm just going to bounce around between golds and world health on the free passes and see how it goes!
    -D

Thread Information