josholand is offline Junior Member

Life sucks when you're chemically imbalanced

I've been so down lately... (due to a girl leaving me probably) but still I know I am extra sensitive these days and if I had insurance I would be at the doctor getting on some anti depressants or something.. I don't have a car anymore and ride my bike... no job, collect unemployment and haven't graduated college so I just feel hopeless almost. I know I need to do shit with my life but I am only getting motivated to workout and I just started a cycle like 3 weeks ago... that's probably effing with me too..

anyway is there anything i can take to make me feel better rather than something needing to be prescribed since I have no insurance? I'm already doing a ton of cardio if anyone suggests that.. Thanks for anyone with any help or words of wisdom..

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Wish I could help you out. Maybe try some St. John Wort. You can get it at Wal-Mart for around $4.

thanks brotha man... $4 dollars... may as well give it a shot! thanks again

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I have never been more miserable then after breaking up with a girlfriend...hang in there brotha'

...and welcome!

fattymcbutterpants is offline Senior Member
    dude you just gotta force yourself to get up. my dad has alot of depression problems but somedays he is able to get motivated enough and make himself get up out of bed and those days are really good. He is on antidepressants but they still dont completely fix his problem. So basically you just gotta work on keeping yourself motivated

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    Not to be rude man but you mainly are the one to determine the outcome of your life. Dont blame other people or things. 6 years ago i was released from prison after being incarcerated for several years. After alot of hard work and perserverence, i have basically have everything i ever wanted, an awesome family, making clise to 100k a year and did it All legally! Did i mention im only 28 and things have been like this for nearly 3 1/2 years. Theres no excuse for being down... Only urself to blame. I too deal with alot of phchological/emotional issue to but my will and desire to do good far exceedz everything else bro. Good luck man.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by josholand View Post
    I've been so down lately... (due to a girl leaving me probably) but still I know I am extra sensitive these days and if I had insurance I would be at the doctor getting on some anti depressants or something.. I don't have a car anymore and ride my bike... no job, collect unemployment and haven't graduated college so I just feel hopeless almost. I know I need to do shit with my life but I am only getting motivated to workout and I just started a cycle like 3 weeks ago... that's probably effing with me too..

anyway is there anything i can take to make me feel better rather than something needing to be prescribed since I have no insurance? I'm already doing a ton of cardio if anyone suggests that.. Thanks for anyone with any help or words of wisdom..
    No job, no car but your buying gear for cycles ? Not a smart move.

dmk327 is offline Associate Member
    Maybe gear could help him get a job and balance out his mood... Just saying. And hell I wish I could ride a bike but I live in PA and it snows constantly. Turn you depression into rage and capitalize on it and you'll be bringing in the dollars and coos in no time buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    No job, no car but your buying gear for cycles ? Not a smart move.
    yeah i don't always have my priorities straight... seriously to me having a nice body comes before most things probably due to being the fat kid a long time ago.. I feel I need to be ****ing all the time and to do that i need a nice body I can be confident about... yeah i'm probably a bit more messed up in the head than you are so feel grateful you are you.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    I swear I have not ever seen so many americans with depression issues in my short life. I am not knocking you by any means. I believe it must have something to do with either our food additives or lifestyle here. I am concerned about the pharmaceutical companies who crank out all those antidepressants and now to make matters worse they are promoting additional kicker pills to add to them for those who feel that the antidepressants alone arent working. God now I'm depressed.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    I swear I have not ever seen so many americans with depression issues in my short life. I am not knocking you by any means. I believe it must have something to do with either our food additives or lifestyle here. I am concerned about the pharmaceutical companies who crank out all those antidepressants and now to make matters worse they are promoting additional kicker pills to add to them for those who feel that the antidepressants alone arent working. God now I'm depressed.
    its widespread everywhere mate. jobs etc are being lost and alot more with them.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    its widespread everywhere mate. jobs etc are being lost and alot more with them.
    The sky is falling!!! No literally, look up, it is falling. This recession is going to double dip to, we are only in the middle of it. It's gonig to get a lot worse before it gets any better, unfortunatley.

It's just so easy to get pills here in America. All i would have to do is go to my doc and tell him I'm depressed and want to sleep all the time or have thoughts of no longer living, and he would write me scripts for prozac, or celexa, or wellbutrin, or whatever. for some reason the docs seem to think all of our cures are in pill form. Granted I've seen a few guys who were extremely depressive and sad. It was indeed a scary sight and I dont begin to understand mental health. Sometimes I do wonder if maybe the earlier generations had something to do with our abundance of depressive folks, since their generations took all the mind altering drugs from the sixties...Blotter, window payne, purple haze, purple microdot, orange sunshine, chocolate mescaline, peyote, and the list went on and on. And we just might be the end product of their drug experiments upon themselves. who knows. All I know is that it isnt just limited to us on the home front. I saw a special last night on PBS showing that 30 percent of our soldiers on the frontlines are taking scripts of antidepressants in the fields and also are on ambien for sleep issues to boot. Thats some scary knowledge knowing that a good 30 percent of our guys out there in battle are fighting and under a major mind controlling/ altering drug, not to mention that the suicide rate in the military is at an all time record high. Some crazy sh*t goin on these day...just sayin.

Shol'va: What is the story about the avatar for real?

Are you asking about my avatar or screen name? So I'll answer both. I picked the avatar to piss off the shallow, closeted, homophobic, straight guys who may be here. just kidding. Seriously,This way it takes out the guess work for someone asking if I'm gay or not by what I may post on the board. When they see my avatar, they know. It's like yep, no straight dude would use an avatar lookin like that, unless he is a ballzy mofo. Also, I thought it was a hot pic. My screen name came from me being a sci-fi fanatic, all things Stargate SG-1. Teal'c was one big, bad mofo on there and was called a shol'va by some of his people. I liked the name, and have not ever seen it used by anyone else anywhere else and kind of wanted to be original in some aspect. That's about it in a nutshell.
    Last edited by Shol'va; 01-27-2011 at 09:24 PM.

1969BLADE1 is offline New Member
    try fish oil...sounds strange but it works for me. I heard the Omega-3 in it is good for heathy chemicals levels. It's cheap too, no insurance needed

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by josholand View Post

anything to take? why don't you "take" a stroll down to your local walmart and look at the beggers panhandling for nickles and dimes.....

....then be grateful you are in college, eating food, roof over your head, and enough cash to blow on something as selfish as gear

So you are gay? Does that mean your into only dudes or do you like girls too? I mean its cool and all if you are but I never really saw this coming in the steroid / bodybuilding scene.

Quote Originally Posted by dmk327 View Post
    So you are gay? Does that mean your into only dudes or do you like girls too? I mean its cool and all if you are but I never really saw this coming in the steroid/ bodybuilding scene.
    mate, there are gay people in all walks of life, in every country in the world. There is a real good chance you have friends that are gay, you just don't know it.

I'm a little surprised you sound surprised. How old are you? 15?

Ol' Sholva here is too much of a gentleman to tell you to go take a hike!

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Are you asking about my avatar or screen name? So I'll answer both. I picked the avatar to piss off the shallow, closeted, homophobic, straight guys who may be here. just kidding. Seriously,This way it takes out the guess work for someone asking if I'm gay or not by what I may post on the board. When they see my avatar, they know. It's like yep, no straight dude would use an avatar lookin like that, unless he is a ballzy mofo. Also, I thought it was a hot pic. My screen name came from me being a sci-fi fanatic, all things Stargate SG-1. Teal'c was one big, bad mofo on there and was called a shol'va by some of his people. I liked the name, and have not ever seen it used by anyone else anywhere else and kind of wanted to be original in some aspect. That's about it in a nutshell.
    You stole the reason why i choose mine.

no you aren't - if it bothers anyone then fuk em

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    If you can't go to a doctor and arae legitimately depressed I'd say st johns wort is pretty worthless sorry just stating my opinion.
    Thats one herb I took years and years ago in several different scenarios and it doesn't do anything afaic.

However, certain usually nonamerican countries sell a leaf called "kanna leaf" which is a very potent and natural ssri. Sometimes it takes
    3-4 days to kick in effect, for people like me its an instant profund change in mental state. It actually gives me a pretty powerful euphoria
    and there is simply no way to be depressed while taking it, as its a natural and very strong/clean ssri. Unlike many pharm ssris, this
    substance does NOT have any side effects. Kanna leaf is a very important herb that has been used for thousand of years. **** st johns
    wort, look into kanna leaf, it actually works is the point.

Second. Your brain is telling you something is wrong with your life and its not always even the best idea to load up on medicine, although
    I still support the kanna because once you take it you'll realize it does much more good than bad. It doesn't just numb you from problems.
    Although, you should still take this as a sign that your brain is angry at you for your past behavoir.

Why are you not working? Do you consider yourself lazy or is it really that you just haven't found something meaningful to wake up for yet?
    Its ok to be lazy as long as you manage a work around. For instance my brother is a lazy fvck but someone manages to still make 90g a year
    w/out ever leaving his house even once a week to go to work. He works at home now and does very little work at all (something in computers
    I think he manages kodaks website or something) but makes lots of money.
    Also how old are you? Age can reveal a lot of things in itself. We have a generation of people born in the 80-90's who are now living in a pretty
    shitty version of america, so its prob even more natural to be depressed now more than ever.

But maybe write more about your life and why you think you are the way you are. Is it just the girl? Because I can talk about that for years.

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    bro, shit was hitting the fan for me a while back. what got me through it, is everyday, i did everything i could do be pointing my life in the right direction. if i could answer that question with a yes, then i would feel ok. soon enough, good stuff started happening. its all in your mindset. the world wants to drag you down. its up to you to fight through it

Thread Information