gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~

I finally caved and bought a PS3. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - i'm OLD AND I SUCK!!

As the title says, I finally broke down and bought a PS3. Mainly because I needed a blueray player and wanted it for netflix, etc. so went all the way and got the game system as well. I love first person shooters so I picked up Call of Duty: Black Ops. Mind you, the last FPS I played was one of the Medal of Honor's - Allied Assault I believe, so it's been a while.

I think I have to submit to the fact that i'm too old for this shit! These little ****ers are picking me off before I even SEE them, forget about getting them in my cross hairs and pulling the trigger! My main problem is the damn controller - I can't stand those 'thumb joysticks'... I grew up playing these games on a PC. Gimme a keyboard and mouse and i'll PWN those little bitches, lol!

What I really hate is that you don't seem to be able to bind your own keys, i.e. set up the controller the way you want to. There are preset alternatives, sure, but I don't like any of them. I find the right side joystick for controlling the guys 'head'/aim particularly awkward. I need a mouse!

On a positive note, the game looks amazing, the gameplay is really nice and smooth, etc.... but I just can't get used to it and don't seem to be getting any better with practice. I'm even getting pwnd in the training grounds with the bots!

Gimme a good ol' game of TFC or even Counterstrike over this any day!

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    PC > console

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    PC > console
    I couldn't agree more.

big_ron is offline Anabolic Member
    Consoles are better for playing games like that., you just gotta be good with the controller, harder than mouse point and click shit.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I hate playing those games online. I have played the single player game through all the difficulty levels. I love it.

charcold is offline Associate Member
    whats your user name?

tjax03 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    As the title says, I finally broke down and bought a PS3. Mainly because I needed a blueray player and wanted it for netflix, etc. so went all the way and got the game system as well. I love first person shooters so I picked up Call of Duty: Black Ops. Mind you, the last FPS I played was one of the Medal of Honor's - Allied Assault I believe, so it's been a while.

I think I have to submit to the fact that i'm too old for this shit! These little ****ers are picking me off before I even SEE them, forget about getting them in my cross hairs and pulling the trigger! My main problem is the damn controller - I can't stand those 'thumb joysticks'... I grew up playing these games on a PC. Gimme a keyboard and mouse and i'll PWN those little bitches, lol!

What I really hate is that you don't seem to be able to bind your own keys, i.e. set up the controller the way you want to. There are preset alternatives, sure, but I don't like any of them. I find the right side joystick for controlling the guys 'head'/aim particularly awkward. I need a mouse!

On a positive note, the game looks amazing, the gameplay is really nice and smooth, etc.... but I just can't get used to it and don't seem to be getting any better with practice. I'm even getting pwnd in the training grounds with the bots!

Gimme a good ol' game of TFC or even Counterstrike over this any day!
    IMO the best way to get better at those games is to play through the single player on the most difficult setting. It will help you get into the groove of the game controls, etc without putting you in situations which are over your head difficulty wise. Once you have built up a solid base, then you can move onto online gaming and take it to the next level (kind of like maxing out your natural genetic potential before resorting to gear).

alluprbdy is offline Associate Member
    Haha I need to get that too, im still rockin PS2 im dying for that blk ops game ive heard its awesome.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Modern warfare is by far the best game they ever made...
    Do not ask me for a source check.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    You need to play more games.

HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i have a ps3...not one game for it tho. it makes a great media server/player (including blurays of course) and i installed linux on mine.....battlefield 3 comes out this fall and one of it's "features" is prone position...lol...that's funny for a game originally developed for the pc (battlefield 1942) and shows how the bad company series suffered from "consoleitis" with things like no prone...to me, consoles and their controllers are fine for side scrollers like mario or sonic...but for fps a console controller (gamepad) is so inferior to fully customizeable gaming mouse/kb/track ir setup...

dosXX is offline Member
    BC2 all the way! Destruction 2.0 is effin awesome! BC2 will beat Blac-ops any day even if it's behind a concrete wall. RPG!

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member
    so many good games coming out this year. Elder scrolls: Skyrim, battlefield 3, duke nukem, gears of war 3, crysis 2, dragon age 2. good thing you grabbed that ps3.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    if it makes you feel any better GBrice.. the majority of people that play that game suck.. i would say somewhere along the lines of 75-90% have a negative kill/death ratio.. we have jobs and women to fvck.. who cares of these little bastard 12 yo fvckers mastered the sniper rifles on COD MW.. Also, so you know GBrice.. as you play you get better weapons.. may i recomend the ak47 sub machine gun thing.. forgot what it is called.. but it is the gun to get.. fvck the rest of thhem.. that is all you need.. it is the noticeably loud one if you hear it.. also, may i recomend getting sorround sound.. it makes it much more enjoyable as you can hear people sneaking up on you..

yoo bad you went for the PS3 and not the XBox.. we coulda been friends

Quote Originally Posted by alexISthrowed View Post
    so many good games coming out this year. Elder scrolls: Skyrim, battlefield 3, duke nukem, gears of war 3, crysis 2, dragon age 2. good thing you grabbed that ps3.
    you see the trailer for dead island that someone posted yesterday.. fvcking sick

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    You need to play more games.
    Ive played the others and they just dont compare...
    Do not ask me for a source check.

Quote Originally Posted by dosXX View Post
    BC2 all the way! Destruction 2.0 is effin awesome! BC2 will beat Blac-ops any day even if it's behind a concrete wall. RPG!
    i agree with this.. buy Bad Company 2: Battlefeild.. much better format and you can buy all the guns for like fifteen bucks and get around the having to earn them bullsh!t.. get to drive tanks and atv's and helicopters etc..

Blog Entries
    Agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by charcold View Post
    whats your user name?
    gbrice75 of course! Gay, I know. No offense DSM! Because I was in such a rush to play like a little kid on xmas morning, I didn't realize while setting it up that this would be my in-game name. I would have gone with something much more badass if I had.

Quote Originally Posted by tjax03 View Post
    IMO the best way to get better at those games is to play through the single player on the most difficult setting. It will help you get into the groove of the game controls, etc without putting you in situations which are over your head difficulty wise. Once you have built up a solid base, then you can move onto online gaming and take it to the next level (kind of like maxing out your natural genetic potential before resorting to gear).
    LoL I can barely play single player mode on easy! It's the fvcking controllers man, i'm telling you. Plus, like I said before, i've been online gaming for years! I've always enjoyed it so much more then single player.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Would it be worth getting at this point even though it's older now?

Quote Originally Posted by alexISthrowed View Post
    Thanks for these suggestions, I wanna check them out. I actually remember seeing the first Crysis at a friends house, and that was awesome, i'm sure the new one is sick. I'd like to check out Elder Scrolls because i'm a huge MMO fan and that sounds like an MMORPG to me!

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    if it makes you feel any better GBrice.. the majority of people that play that game suck.. i would say somewhere along the lines of 75-90% have a negative kill/death ratio.. we have jobs and women to fvck.. who cares of these little bastard 12 yo fvckers mastered the sniper rifles on COD MW.. Also, so you know GBrice.. as you play you get better weapons.. may i recomend the ak47 sub machine gun thing.. forgot what it is called.. but it is the gun to get.. fvck the rest of thhem.. that is all you need.. it is the noticeably loud one if you hear it.. also, may i recomend getting sorround sound.. it makes it much more enjoyable as you can hear people sneaking up on you..

yoo bad you went for the PS3 and not the XBox.. we coulda been friends
    Thanks for the vote of confidence and tips bro. Yea, alot of people are telling me I should buy an Xbox and use the PS3 as a dust cover!

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Don`t buy Grand Turismo 5 it is far too addictive.

HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    you'll probably like bf3 as well

from wiki:
    "Battlefield 3 will feature the maximalist combined arms battles that made the series popular across single-player, co-operative and multiplayer modes. It will reintroduce several elements absent from the Bad Company games, including fighter jets, the prone position and 64-player battles on PC, while consoles will support 24 players.[2][3]
    A new animation system will allow players to "drag fallen comrades into safety and mount weapons on almost any part of the terrain."[4] The destructible environments of DICE's Frostbite engine will also be in use."

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Thanks for the vote of confidence and tips bro. Yea, alot of people are telling me I should buy an Xbox and use the PS3 as a dust cover!
    well the good thing about the PS3 is that is doubles as a bluray player.. and xbox do not.. personally i have owned both (my roomate owned one) and there is no noticeable difference between the two.. i just like the xbox more because i have big hands and it is easier for me to use the controller

RaZr is offline Member
    Xbox is better but you have to pay for live which is incredibly lame and this is why I use my ps3.

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    well the good thing about the PS3 is that is doubles as a bluray player.. and xbox do not.. personally i have owned both (my roomate owned one) and there is no noticeable difference between the two.. i just like the xbox more because i have big hands and it is easier for me to use the controller
    agreed, the xbox controller fits my hand much better. I would be garbage at black ops if I played on a ps3.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome to the PS3 club. The best console out there and it plays Blu-Ray to boot.

Thread Information