cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

Is anyone else a member of Jabronis R US Gym like me

LOL all day yesterday people curling in the squat rack, some shrugging in the squat rack. One guy steps up to the plate decides he is going to squat. He never even makes it up to 225. Two big dudes like 220 lb hit the benches.. never hit 225 there either. It has been weeks since I saw anyone but me deadlift in this gym. Its not a Golds but I kind of feel a taste of what the old pros mean when they start dissing on new Golds vs old Golds.

Thought about finding a hardcore gym but then id probably just bitch about being the jabroni in the room.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Well thats your fault for joining a gym called Jabronis R Us.

Mr.Rose is offline Anabolic Member
    That's why i love my home gym.

Nothing buy raw iron, me and a squat rack.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    I don't barbell bench anymore..... just dumbells..... Not sure if I could pound out 225 for sets and i'm 240lbs LMAO. I do bench 125lb dumbells tho.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall View Post
    Well thats your fault for joining a gym called Jabronis R Us.
    hahahah

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Rose View Post
    That's why i love my home gym.

Nothing buy raw iron, me and a squat rack.
    yeah and some eye of the tiger coming out of the speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I don't barbell bench anymore..... just dumbells..... Not sure if I could pound out 225 for sets and i'm 240lbs LMAO. I do bench 125lb dumbells tho.....

~Haz~
    respect

vanduhl is offline Senior Member
    at least they werent squatting at the curl rack.......(mr rose's location)....i saw mr rose doin that at my gym....hes a fvcktard

Skyler is offline I thought I knew it all...WRONG!
    My gym has the major problem that its located in a smaller town, so its one of only two gyms, AND there happens to be a highschool and a college in either direction of it. So I see people ages 16-22 making up the main population. The problem here is that they like to leave their weights on every single hammer strength machine they use, keep every barbell loaded, and constantly mix up the dumbbells. I actually have taken on a "job" at my gym, where between every set, I get up and go rerack weights, and basically clean up after people.
    I guess it also doesn't help that for all the mess they make, they are accomplishing nothing. I have seen guys in there who weigh over 300lbs all the down to weighing 110. Seeing someone bench 135 as their big weight is way too common, and seeing 225 on the bar is pretty rare. But for some reason EVERY one of those f*cks thinks god blessed them with super calves, because boy oh boy do they love to load up the seated calf machine.
    Idiots...

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    i just simply challenge anyone in the squat rack if they are fukn around doin non specific exercises in there, the dumb fuks dont need to be there holding the rest of us up.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Why would you go to a gym and watch others bench press???

When im in the gym nothing distracts me from my routine, except a hot chick...
    Do not ask me for a source check.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Where else are you suppose to do shrugs if not in the squat rack?

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Why would you go to a gym and watch others bench press???

When im in the gym nothing distracts me from my routine, except a hot chick...

X2

Also who cares if a guy isn't putting up 225. Everyones strength levels are different an the guy may care more about form than weight or maybe he's nursing an injury. It always gets on my nerves when I'm lifting with someone and there talking about how little another guy in there is lifting. I just tell them that there's plenty of people bigger and stronger than you too.

Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    X2

Also who cares if a guy isn't putting up 225. Everyones strength levels are different an the guy may care more about form than weight or maybe he's nursing an injury. It always gets on my nerves when I'm lifting with someone and there talking about how little another guy in there is lifting. I just tell them that there's plenty of people bigger and stronger than you too.
    x3......

whenever i see the donkey from shrek i know theres gonna be a sensible remark that i agree with.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    X2

Yep, ones ego should be left at the door bro....
    Do not ask me for a source check.

cobra305 is offline Member
    who cares about the weight it is all about the form and concentration. Just cause you bench 225 does not mean you are jacked. I know plenty of guys smaller than me who can easily bounce that off their chests.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Yep, ones ego should be left at the door bro....
    i agree 100%...i see dudes come into the gym everyday and load up the bar with 315 do one rep,then talk 15mins then 405 and barely do a rep then talk for 15 mins then barely do another rep then there done and onto something else non productive.....im certainly not dissing them as thay are obviously strong and are powerlifters or whatever but whats a matter with lighter weight with good form for some nice sets....these young guys are just looking to show off for the most part and although thay have some size, look like crap and they cant figure out why...im shure there laughing at me doing sets of 225 but its under controll and i look better than them imho(im so modest arnt i?)...i was talking to Tony Atlas(former mr. usa and pro wrestler) yesterday and he was watching a dude do that yesterday and shaking his head....and he said the same thing, leave your ego at the door....

Well, i didn't want to go into every little detail, but i guess i do have to explain.
    I do watch people workout when i am between sets. Its a small gym, and there are mirrors on every wall, so even if i am not looking directly at them, something usually catches my attention.
    I also agree that it doesn't matter how much a person can lift, because thats not the "end of story". What bother me is that I go in there, and from the moment i walk in, I keep to myself. I do not wear clothes to show off my body, I do not lift weights with the hopes that other people will think I am strong, i do not make an immense amount of noise to draw attention to myself, and I do not say anything to anybody. Even when i see people doing things I flat out disagree with, I just keep to myself, no smirks, no laughing, no comments.
    BUT
    These guys come in and i question why THEY are there. They come in wearing the most exposing clothing possible, to show off a physique that honestly is not worth showing off. Then they decide to start lifting. They usually load up pretty light weight, but will be acting like they are the biggest and strongest guys around. They practice flat out god awful form, while also screaming as much as possible, probably because they think if you are hardcore, you have to scream. Then they alternate from a chest movement, to a bicep movement, to a leg movement, to a shoulder movement, etc. The whole time loading up weights, and then never putting them away (which is why I have to clean up after them). They also decide to talk the whole time they are working out. The last conversation I heard was about how bad a** they were. They were literally saying in plain english that they could beat any 5 guys in a fight (5 on 1), that they are probably setting some sort of record with the weights they lift, how they just can't seem to keep the girls off them, etc.
    SO, maybe I am wrong, but when a bunch of skinny teens in stringed clothing come into the gym and start loudly discussing how they are freaks of nature and gods gift to women, then trying to use every piece of equipment in the gym at least once, then never putting their weight back, I get irritated. Especially since half these guys look at me like I am doing something wrong, even though I am keeping to myself, staying quiet, and actually working out, oh, and not to mention cleaning up after them.

The reference to bench press is kind of open. I am 21, weigh 190, and bench 365. I do not train like a powerlifter, I do not stick to 1-3 reps or try to max out every time I workout, etc. And honestly, I don't feel like I am hot sh*t or special, which is why i stay quiet in the gym and keep to myself, and keep my body covered.
    So when little man with BIG attitude is filling the gym with noise and preaches that he is unstoppable, all because he benches less than his bodyweight, it strikes a nerve.
    This goes for the bigger guys in the gym too. I am not a powerlifter, but i will have some 300 lbs guy walk in, being an especially big a** hole, giving me dirty looks, etc. Because his huge gut is what he refers to as a "power gut", yet in the end STILL lifts less than I do.

Maybe it is a personal problem I have, and others would not feel the same way in this situation. I guess for me though, I feel like i work hard, and i am dedicated, and I really want this. This is my life. This is what i want to do. If i look at myself and I am still not happy, and I feel small, and am embarressed to show my body off, etc. Then what makes these guys so special? Why do they get to be half my size, a third my strength, and have none of the desire or motivation that I have, and get to be as abnoxious and arrogent as they want?

Not trying to offend anyone. This is just they way i feel about the matter.
    i am open to different points of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Well, i didn't want to go into every little detail, but i guess i do have to explain.
    I do watch people workout when i am between sets. Its a small gym, and there are mirrors on every wall, so even if i am not looking directly at them, something usually catches my attention.
    I also agree that it doesn't matter how much a person can lift, because thats not the "end of story". What bother me is that I go in there, and from the moment i walk in, I keep to myself. I do not wear clothes to show off my body, I do not lift weights with the hopes that other people will think I am strong, i do not make an immense amount of noise to draw attention to myself, and I do not say anything to anybody. Even when i see people doing things I flat out disagree with, I just keep to myself, no smirks, no laughing, no comments.
    BUT
    These guys come in and i question why THEY are there. They come in wearing the most exposing clothing possible, to show off a physique that honestly is not worth showing off. Then they decide to start lifting. They usually load up pretty light weight, but will be acting like they are the biggest and strongest guys around. They practice flat out god awful form, while also screaming as much as possible, probably because they think if you are hardcore, you have to scream. Then they alternate from a chest movement, to a bicep movement, to a leg movement, to a shoulder movement, etc. The whole time loading up weights, and then never putting them away (which is why I have to clean up after them). They also decide to talk the whole time they are working out. The last conversation I heard was about how bad a** they were. They were literally saying in plain english that they could beat any 5 guys in a fight (5 on 1), that they are probably setting some sort of record with the weights they lift, how they just can't seem to keep the girls off them, etc.
    SO, maybe I am wrong, but when a bunch of skinny teens in stringed clothing come into the gym and start loudly discussing how they are freaks of nature and gods gift to women, then trying to use every piece of equipment in the gym at least once, then never putting their weight back, I get irritated. Especially since half these guys look at me like I am doing something wrong, even though I am keeping to myself, staying quiet, and actually working out, oh, and not to mention cleaning up after them.

The reference to bench press is kind of open. I am 21, weigh 190, and bench 365. I do not train like a powerlifter, I do not stick to 1-3 reps or try to max out every time I workout, etc. And honestly, I don't feel like I am hot sh*t or special, which is why i stay quiet in the gym and keep to myself, and keep my body covered.
    So when little man with BIG attitude is filling the gym with noise and preaches that he is unstoppable, all because he benches less than his bodyweight, it strikes a nerve.
    This goes for the bigger guys in the gym too. I am not a powerlifter, but i will have some 300 lbs guy walk in, being an especially big a** hole, giving me dirty looks, etc. Because his huge gut is what he refers to as a "power gut", yet in the end STILL lifts less than I do.

Maybe it is a personal problem I have, and others would not feel the same way in this situation. I guess for me though, I feel like i work hard, and i am dedicated, and I really want this. This is my life. This is what i want to do. If i look at myself and I am still not happy, and I feel small, and am embarressed to show my body off, etc. Then what makes these guys so special? Why do they get to be half my size, a third my strength, and have none of the desire or motivation that I have, and get to be as abnoxious and arrogent as they want?

Not trying to offend anyone. This is just they way i feel about the matter.
    i am open to different points of view.

my honest opinion bro....you care too much about the other ppl at ur gym...im at a tiny gym too with mirrors all over...i see someone lifting but i dont rationalize it how you do...my mind is either on my loud as music or getting pumped for my next set.....or that fvckin hott latina girl with the huge fake tits and amazing tight ass that goes to my gym....yeah one of those...

Fair enough... And I do notice some pretty nice college girls in there from time to time... No fake boobs though...

C-MaN is offline Senior Member
    Only thing that pisses me off in the gym is when i forget my Ipod and they play lady gaga four times within 30 minutes !

Quote Originally Posted by C-MaN View Post
    Only thing that pisses me off in the gym is when i forget my Ipod and they play lady gaga four times within 30 minutes !
    ahh!!! fvck that...my gym has a mix that the owner musta made with shitty classic rock.....im not trying to lift to "free fallin" by petty....

FVCK THAT NOISE

Blog Entries
    we should have 'know what your doing gyms' esp for us tht do know lol. hate when im needing equipment and some pillock is pissing around with it

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    This should be joined with that post from about a year ago regarding the 140lbs guys wearing tap out shirts who stand in the gym and talk a great workout =)... curl some 20's and grunt

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Quote Originally Posted by vanduhl;5232***
    that fvckin hott latina girl with the huge fake tits and amazing tight ass that goes to my gym....yeah one of those...
    I'll take two please.

Make sure they are wearing skin tight white pants tho.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    This should be joined with that post from about a year ago regarding the 140lbs guys wearing tap out shirts who stand in the gym and talk a great workout =)... curl some 20's and grunt
    lol, yeah, i do door work and a little prick came up 2 me wearing one, one night, after being refused entry he proceeded to point at his tee shirt exclaiming, ' you know what this means'? needless to say he ended up on his ass with me saying 'you wanna tap out now'? priceless

Quote Originally Posted by declan11 View Post
    lol, yeah, i do door work and a little prick came up 2 me wearing one, one night, after being refused entry he proceeded to point at his tee shirt exclaiming, ' you know what this means'? needless to say he ended up on his ass with me saying 'you wanna tap out now'? priceless
    he really asked you that while pointing at a tapout shirt?......god help us

gettingthere is offline Senior Member
    No doubt a little knacker or tinker giving it large, probably seen the UFC once on tv and then thought he could do all the moves!! soo many of them around

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    LMFAO thats some funny shit right there.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gettingthere View Post
    No doubt a little knacker or tinker giving it large, probably seen the UFC once on tv and then thought he could do all the moves!! soo many of them around
    ah no, the third species known as the dublin scumbag lol

gettingthere is offline Senior Member
    Oh yes we cant forget them!! cant understand much of what they say, and they say the name Dave very weird (remember a group of girls saying my mates name once)!! Prenounce it like DAYY-RVVE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gettingthere View Post
    Oh yes we cant forget them!! cant understand much of what they say, and they say the name Dave very weird (remember a group of girls saying my mates name once)!! Prenounce it like DAYY-RVVE
    cant listen to their accent, just makes me wanna swing for em

Blog Entries
    lol, yeah, i do door work and a little prick came up 2 me wearing one, one night, after being refused entry he proceeded to point at his tee shirt exclaiming, ' you know what this means'? Needless to say he ended up on his ass with me saying 'you wanna tap out now'? Priceless
    hahahhaha thats some funny shit dude

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post
    hahahhaha thats some funny shit dude
    oh yeah, theres much comedy workin tht job

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Kind of presumptive to diss anyone in the gym for the weights they're doing. Do you know what kind of routine they are doing? Maybe the routine they are doing doesn't call for heavy weights, or what you perceive to be heavy. You never know what that person is doing.

I have to laugh about the comment about the skinny high school kids talking about how many women they get. Only because when I was in high school I weighed about 140lbs and got more hot ass then I can even remember. I actually think I might have gotten more ass when I was 140lbs in high school, then I do at 200lbs. While size and weight may be important to YOU, do not assume it's important to everyone else. All of my girlfriends have always told me they prefer me at a lighter weight, and hate how I look when I'm cycling. So your really going out on a limb assuming a lot of shit that you shouldn't be. Not to mention, why are you eavesdropping on their conversations?

There's clowns in EVERY gym. You can choose to ignore them. The only time I EVER take notice of people in the gym, is if I see them doing something that is outright dangerous to their health, and then I may mention something to them so that they dont hurt themselves. Other then that, I could give two flying shits what anyone else is doing. I think maybe you need to invest in an Ipod dude.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!

C-MaN is offline Senior Member
    Looks like the Rock had some gyno...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    Kind of presumptive to diss anyone in the gym for the weights they're doing. Do you know what kind of routine they are doing? Maybe the routine they are doing doesn't call for heavy weights, or what you perceive to be heavy. You never know what that person is doing.

I have to laugh about the comment about the skinny high school kids talking about how many women they get. Only because when I was in high school I weighed about 140lbs and got more hot ass then I can even remember. I actually think I might have gotten more ass when I was 140lbs in high school, then I do at 200lbs. While size and weight may be important to YOU, do not assume it's important to everyone else. All of my girlfriends have always told me they prefer me at a lighter weight, and hate how I look when I'm cycling. So your really going out on a limb assuming a lot of shit that you shouldn't be. Not to mention, why are you eavesdropping on their conversations?

There's clowns in EVERY gym. You can choose to ignore them. The only time I EVER take notice of people in the gym, is if I see them doing something that is outright dangerous to their health, and then I may mention something to them so that they dont hurt themselves. Other then that, I could give two flying shits what anyone else is doing. I think maybe you need to invest in an Ipod dude.
    Why so defensive? Anyway you are all entitled to your own opinion.

Went back. Read my original post to make sure I didn't put anything more stupid than usual in there. Stand by all my statements.

Thread Information