Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member

Stop Plagiarizing

This has been an on going problem on this forum that many people fail to recognize and it really bothers me. I have seen numerous instances where someone literally copies and pastes a whole paragraph, sentence, or even an entire article into one of their posts without crediting the author or source, making it seem like it came from their mouth first hand. Then, a few members will call them out by saying "sounds like something taken from an article", and some members will even find the exact article on Google, EBSCOhost, Wikipedia, or whatever and call the person out. It is VERY easy to indentify plagiarized work, especially on a forum. Then the original person will claim "Well, I didn't say that I wrote that myself or anything." WRONG. If you do not credit the source or author, you are implying that the following work was of your own. Not only is it immoral and retarded, but also ILLEGAL. This is a major pet peeve of mine because I would not want someone taking my work and passing it off as theirs. It's okay to use someone’s points or even quoted paragraphs in your posts, but start giving the credit where the credit is deserved. If you're stealing ones words, make sure to document your sources.

LMFAO

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    I do not see any footnotes.......

this oughta cover it....

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Here are my thoughts on this topic... I wrote this completely in my free time and of my own opinions...

This has been an on going problem on this forum that many people fail to recognize and it really bothers me. I have seen numerous instances where someone literally copies and pastes a whole paragraph, sentence, or even an entire article into one of their posts without crediting the author or source, making it seem like it came from their mouth first hand. Then, a few members will call them out by saying "sounds like something taken from an article", and some members will even find the exact article on Google, EBSCOhost, Wikipedia, or whatever and call the person out. It is VERY easy to indentify plagiarized work, especially on a forum. Then the original person will claim "Well, I didn't say that I wrote that myself or anything." WRONG. If you do not credit the source or author, you are implying that the following work was of your own. Not only is it immoral and retarded, but also ILLEGAL. This is a major pet peeve of mine because I would not want someone taking my work and passing it off as theirs. It's okay to use someone’s points or even quoted paragraphs in your posts, but start giving the credit where the credit is deserved. If you're stealing ones words, make sure to document your sources.

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    I tried to make a serious thread informing others about an issue on here and this is what I get in return....

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    LMFAO ....nice

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzer View Post
    I tried to make a serious thread informing others about an issue on here and this is what I get in return....
    The message has still gotten through. If you want serious replies and for this thread to get through to the people that it needs to then post it up in the q&a

sixoner is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    The message has still gotten through. If you want serious replies and for this thread to get through to the people that it needs to then post it up in the q&a
    ^^^^this

if you feel violated then handle your business..when you see something you dont like in a thread then speak up right then, right there...get it off your chest no need to come crying in the lounge princess

EASTCOASTKID is offline Associate Member

EASTCOASTKID is offline Associate Member
    OOPS did I copy and paste

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Here are my thoughts on this topic... I wrote this completely in my free time and of my own opinions...

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzer View Post
    welcome to lounge

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR

X83
    X83 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?465609-Stop-Plagiarizing&p=5586615#post5586615
    Here's my source but I'm not too sure about his credibility.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    This is why I try and include the links when I copy stuff. I am sure I miss it from time to time though.

Thread Information