Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Scales

  1. #1
    Kawigirl's Avatar
    Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,988

    Scales

    How many here have used and sorta can gage bf by the scales that use currents for such?

    Mine I have found to be quite accurate with me .........

  2. #2
    DSM4Life's Avatar
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    30,963
    Blog Entries
    1
    Cal has a nice scale that announces your stats when you step on it. When i was over and he stepped on the scale it spoke "Fat @$$." Id say it was accurate.

  3. #3
    calgarian's Avatar
    calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Tim 'er and Rim 'er
    Posts
    31,328
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Cal has a nice scale that announces your stats when you step on it. When i was over and he stepped on the scale it spoke "Fat @$$." Id say it was accurate.
    it confused u with someone else....sorry abt that....
    Last edited by calgarian; 05-04-2011 at 11:46 AM.

  4. #4
    RaginCajun's Avatar
    RaginCajun is online now Pissing Excellence!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Deep Down South
    Posts
    23,466
    i do not think they are accurate. i did a project in college on this and most of the electronic current devices were off by average of +/- 5%. some of the more expensive ones where more accurate though.

  5. #5
    stack_it's Avatar
    stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pin it to win it!
    Posts
    8,296
    It really depends on the quality of the scale. I've had some say I was sitting at 4% bf when I was actually around 9-10%. The one on the feet has been more accurate than the handheld for me.

  6. #6
    calgarian's Avatar
    calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Tim 'er and Rim 'er
    Posts
    31,328
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    It really depends on the quality of the scale. I've had some say I was sitting at 4% bf when I was actually around 9-10%. The one in the ass has been more accurate than the handheld for me.
    what were u using DSM?

  7. #7
    Kawigirl's Avatar
    Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,988
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    It really depends on the quality of the scale. I've had some say I was sitting at 4% bf when I was actually around 9-10%. The one on the feet has been more accurate than the handheld for me.
    Thats the one I use; and have found it to be only about 2% out from accurate bf.

  8. #8
    RaginCajun's Avatar
    RaginCajun is online now Pissing Excellence!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Deep Down South
    Posts
    23,466
    cal, you must have one of those 18 wheeler scales for ya fatties

  9. #9
    calgarian's Avatar
    calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Tim 'er and Rim 'er
    Posts
    31,328
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    cal, you must have one of those 18 wheeler scales for ya fatties
    nah I just lift them up........

  10. #10
    RaginCajun's Avatar
    RaginCajun is online now Pissing Excellence!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Deep Down South
    Posts
    23,466
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    nah I just lift them up........
    i guess you should be use to that. big guns i take it

  11. #11
    calgarian's Avatar
    calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Tim 'er and Rim 'er
    Posts
    31,328
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    i guess you should be use to that. big guns i take it
    yep.....i use to pick up this chick with one arm (half bear hug) and it turned out she was more then 250 (not telling the right weight )

  12. #12
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawigirl;5627***
    Thats the one I use; and have found it to be only about 2% out from accurate bf.
    two possibilites your comment can mean

    12 - 10 = 2%, yet over all, if actual is 10% and scale reads 12%, this is a 20% error, and very innacurate

    if your actual is 10%, and an error rate of 2%, then 2% of 10% = .0002 or .2%
    therefore with a true error rate of 2% and actual is 10%, then the machine could read anywhere between 10.2% and 9.8%

    sorry for getting technical =(

  13. #13
    calgarian's Avatar
    calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Tim 'er and Rim 'er
    Posts
    31,328
    i think she meant that it just subtract NUMBER 2 out of the end result so if it tells you 12 the accurate is 10.

  14. #14
    Kawigirl's Avatar
    Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    two possibilites your comment can mean

    12 - 10 = 2%, yet over all, if actual is 10% and scale reads 12%, this is a 20% error, and very innacurate

    if your actual is 10%, and an error rate of 2%, then 2% of 10% = .0002 or .2%
    therefore with a true error rate of 2% and actual is 10%, then the machine could read anywhere between 10.2% and 9.8%

    sorry for getting technical =(

    Thanks for killing my high...appreciated Times...lol

  15. #15
    jimmyinkedup's Avatar
    jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Scamming my brothers
    Posts
    11,286
    Blog Entries
    2
    As i understand it the problem with them is that water retention causes inaccurate readings. As we know this variable can change daily based on diet , inflamation , for some females menstrual cycle , and so on.
    I have a hand held one and it has proved so inconsistant i dont even use it.
    Also if the water retention info i have read is correct it would be very difficult to determine that it is "always 3 % off" etc.

  16. #16
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    As i understand it the problem with them is that water retention causes inaccurate readings. As we know this variable can change daily based on diet , inflamation , for some females menstrual cycle , and so on.
    I have a hand held one and it has proved so inconsistant i dont even use it.
    Also if the water retention info i have read is correct it would be very difficult to determine that it is "always 3 % off" etc.
    agree with IU. I think some members might have a better "eye" than some of those electric machines.

    I just stick to calipers. Not 100% perfect either.

  17. #17
    Kawigirl's Avatar
    Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    agree with IU. I think some members might have a better "eye" than some of those electric machines.

    I just stick to calipers. Not 100% perfect either.
    Men r very good at using a visual estimate ....for mostly other men. Woman, however; imo are harder to determine since our bf is carried slightly different than men for of course reasons.

    You men are lucky that way

  18. #18
    RaginCajun's Avatar
    RaginCajun is online now Pissing Excellence!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Deep Down South
    Posts
    23,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawigirl View Post
    Men r very good at using a visual estimate ....for mostly other men. Woman, however; imo are harder to determine since our bf is carried slightly different than men for of course reasons.

    You men are lucky that way
    but women are sooooo much better to look at!

  19. #19
    songdog's Avatar
    songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13,533
    Yeah Kawi when I look at you.I dont see fat.I will end this here before I get hit

  20. #20
    Kawigirl's Avatar
    Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,988
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Yeah Kawi when I look at you.I dont see fat.I will end this here before I get hit
    Very cute....

    I'm far from fat....very lean actually. I'll see when and how I can get some random pictures up soon for all to see.

  21. #21
    songdog's Avatar
    songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13,533
    I mybe old but I aint blind.And I see no fat on you.Sorry if I worded that wrongxo

  22. #22
    Kawigirl's Avatar
    Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,988
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    I mybe old but I aint blind.And I see no fat on you.Sorry if I worded that wrongxo
    I knew what ya ment darlin...no worries.

  23. #23
    calgarian's Avatar
    calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Tim 'er and Rim 'er
    Posts
    31,328
    kawi and songdog sitting on tree K I S S I N G...

    Sorry had to do it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •