jtuner77 is offline Member

Lasik....anyone have it done?

I am contemplating having ASA or PRK style Lasik done. It's about 4k. I know my friend paid 3K about 2 years ago. I have heard some horror stories about the traditional Lasik and how you can be cursed with Halo or fogginess or even dry eyes. Just trying to see if anyone has had it done and did or did not suffer from it.

My friend now has 15/20 vision.

Please share.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    my gf got it a while back... she was seeing perfectly after just a couple days.

Necrosaro is offline Senior Member
    Older sister got laser eye done as well and no problems.

toooosmall is offline 1st Place Winner~Transformation Contest!
    i don't know anyone with horror stories, only awesome stories. look into how old the horror stories were. and keep us posted. I want it done too.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I want to do it but will get it done in Canada where it is cheaper.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    legally blind in one eye from it

edgarr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
    legally blind in one eye from it
    that's scary! any reason why this may hav happened in one eye and not the other?

toooosmall is offline 1st Place Winner~Transformation Contest!
    x2! and how long ago was this procedure, zimmy?

blacksmoke is offline Associate Member
    I had PRK done in 2000 and it was painful for a good day and a half. Night vision blows but it is getting better. I'm actually going to get my eyes checked on Saturday because I can tell my vision has gotten worse.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarr View Post
    that's scary! any reason why this may hav happened in one eye and not the other?
    The doctors don't screen people well for the procedure any more. They just let pretty much anyone with $ do it. After I got it done I found some old guide lines which I did not fit.

1) I have dry eyes. This surgery dries your tear ducts up a little so if you have chronic dry eyes, then your eyes will be more irritated and heal slower.

2) I have sensitive eyes that I can't control. They have you look at a light while the lazer works. Once the cut is made I can't help but close my eyes (even with the clamp holding it open). I told the doctor about the sensitivity and my reflexes.

3) The most important one...It's a surgery! You have to ask yourself, is your vision bad enough that you are willing to risk going blind to fix? I had 20/17 which is not too bad. No one tells you that if things go bad that your vision might get worse! They even have a habbit of telling you that if it doesn't work out that they can go back in and do a little more. That is definately not the case. Not everyone's eye is thick enough to be able to do more.

Any one of those 3 should have put giant red flags...but they didn't care. And here I am now with an eye that has different prescriptions on different parts of my eye. So I can't even wear glasses to correct. Also they promise you that your vision will degrade after the surgery over the years. So that means I can count on being worse than legally blind?

jtuner77 is offline Member
    Well I am .25 within being legally blind to begin with. My optometrist said it might be wise to get PRK to help with my vision because if I keep going at the rate I am going I wont be able to see shit by the time I am 60. I am going to get a few inspections and really bluntly ask if this is not wise for me.

Thread Information