toooosmall is offline 1st Place Winner~Transformation Contest!

TOOOOSMALL's toooocents on the AR Competition

Just wanna throw my 2 cents in…or more…
    From my understanding of the situation, post count minimum of 50 was ONLY so that the trainees can communicate with the trainers via pm. No other reason.

When I joined this forum, Slimmer immediately told me about the comp, and I signed up having less than 10 posts. I feel there should be NO min posts, and SM made a good point, a lot of the finalists started with FEW posts. Finalistsss. Being a newb, the competition was like a bootcamp preparing me with a new body with the skills, knowledge, confidence and desire to have fitness be an important part of my life, for the rest of my life.

Regarding being embarrassed of before pics, look at mine! My stomach looked and felt like it was gonna fkn explode! It was hell just bending over to pick up something. Consider this: once I posted them, it helped push me to try to change so the next pics would be well-improved. and I stayed in because 1) I had a trainer freely spending time filling me up with priceless info, and I wasn’t about to take that and run. I didn’t want to let the man down. Nor let myself down, nor the rest of the peeps on the forum. And when I entered the comp, I thought most guys would already look like Fireguy.

Imo, 8 weeks could also be a good idea. Having 12 weeks made me feel like slackin after a few weeks, even drinkin, thinkin that the end results are farrr away. (luckily I saw that drinking a few times a week, though it was vodka n diet soda, was actually the reason I stopped losing and started gaining weight. I added up the calories (finally) and realized it was about 1000 calories on top of my usual 3000! When I stopped drinkin again, my weight dropped like crazy. Esp the last month.) So, yea, 8 weeks has just as many benefits as 12 weeks. The only drawback would be that some people may desire to cycle 12 weeks.

Thoughts on how and where this thing will take place…Lounge, I didn’t have anything to do with the lounge until AFTER the comp. I felt like it was for regular members that have been there for a good while, and that I would be an outsider, undesired member. Low self esteem or not, I think others may relate at least a bit. ANYhow, the point I wanna make is that new members and such are much less likely to even find out about this comp to begin with, unless they visit the lounge. Which makes me think another location would be better….

So, how about starting a new forum/sub-forum entitled “AR Transformation Competitions “ and then you can start a sticky called Competition Creation, where everyone discusses what the rules etc should be, and throw in all the ideas they have to figure out what to do. Then have a sticky thread of NOTHING BUT RULES AND REGS LAID DOWN, AND if questions are allowed, that they stick to the topics of Rules n Regs. Evey rule neatly organized (after it’s been well discussed in the creation thread. That includes dates of pic postings, all the way through to the end, specific dates of everything clear, and the rules of HOW to take the pics, HOW to post them properly. So, rules…(Preferably before anyone has to make the decision to sign up or not.) Start a thread called 2nd competition beginning pics. Have a thread for each progress pic, and a thread for final pics. And then a STICKY thread called 2nd Competition results, where the before and after pics of everyone that completed, or at least the top 10. And a thread called 2nd completion results , And maybe a sticky thread entitled AR Competition Lounge, for all the fun. Think about. We ended up with an 18 page thread with all the info needed. That’s crazy! Who has time to fish through for answers to questions? Which is why it grew that big, people kept asking the same questions already asked instead of spending the day reading through 700 posts. And the photos thread had 10 pages. Etc. In this sub-forum we could then start all kinds of threads, like trainers or non-trained programs they followed, logging their progress, whatever they want. Hell, there could be numerous lounge-style threads instead of the AR completion lounge sticky, so that one thread doesn’t turn into a hundred pages. Sorry, my head just vomited these ideas, and I had to throw them out there. Maybe if others like this idea, then we could have an AR Lounge 8 week fun summer competition while we construct the new subforum and the next competition in the Competition Creation thread, so everything gets more hammered out, and it would attract a lot more competitors, trainers, and a lot of attention from the forum in general. And maybe that competition could start in the fall. And competitions after that could be so much easier to construct because so many rules would be laid down and changed as we get more experience with this.

The problem with picking trainers/trainees mutually, is everyone will/should pick Twist One trainer could get stuck with too many trainees, and other trainers few or none.

Ross, that was a joke, right? I think it was, but you didn’t make it clear if so. Gained 20 pounds?? No, I went from 204 lbs to 173 lbs, with some strength gains. Still at 173 now. But, I want a 6 pack. I’m in pct right now and it’s not making it easy for me to push myself like before, and my job has been giving me crazy hours, but I’ll be hitting the gym hard soon.

The question was kinda asked, [how are the results judged?] I believe that we’re dealing with judges that know how to weigh EVERYTHING in judgment—age, weight/height/bf%, gender, and lean mass gained, and experience, roid use, etc.

Should there be cycling? I definitely think that should be an option. This is, after all, on a website called steroid dot com.
    Last edited by toooosmall; 05-15-2011 at 06:05 AM.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Holy jumble of words. I didn't make it past "just."

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    definitley a lot too process.

I personally thing no matter how you do it, you're going to have a large portion of the people who enter drop out. I like the 12 weeks better than 8 mainly because by the 3rd round of pics in week 8, you knew who was going to stick it out.

While i agree that picking your own trainer would be problematic because everyone would want the winning trainer from the last time, I feel that the trainer aspect is not as important as the trainee and their attitude.

I only had one trainee, who IMO did awesome, but I asked from the beginning what his goals were going to be for the 12 weeks. He wanted to lean out without loosing muscle mass so thats what we shot for. If we'd went for a lean bulk we might have been judged a higher placing. It boils down to what i said during the first challenge, while it may be a competition, you're really competing against the man in the mirror

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Interesting toooosmall.....

lots to absorb! thanks....
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    the trainer aspect is not as important as the trainee and their attitude.
    Bingo!

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    yo TOOOOO, gonna need you to put spaces in your writing from now on... idiots like me have a hard time going from line to line figuring out where the continuing sentence is...

just my $0.02

lots of good points (yes I did read it all)...

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Holy jumble of words. I didn't make it past "just."
    x222

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    Some good points there toosmall , sorry about the weight gain mistake I must have confused you with someone else.

Are you in for this challenge ?

I think I'm going to go self trained this time, how many others are ? And how many of us actually need trainers.

Agree with scotty also, if my goals were different I may have placed higher, but for me it was always going to be a two stage thing, firstly I wanted to cut as much as possible while keeping as much lbm as possible then to gain lbm on a lean gain so this next one will be the second part, and will fit in great with my masterplan if the competition ever comes off , I'm going to do 12 weeks lean comp or no comp, it's the comp that makes me train harder and eat smarter.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Keep the ideas coming!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    The comp will happen guys, just be patient!

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    did not read lol

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Its like the longest run-on sentence ever, lol j/k

toooosmall is offline 1st Place Winner~Transformation Contest!
    i copied and pasted it from word, and didn't realize that the spaces between the paragraphs were removed.....

long, yes. but reading through 18 fkn pages of 700 posts just to learn the basics about the competition and what's going on is a little longer. when i saw the new thread in the lounge about the comp it was already 3 pages long. that's alot more reading. and there were alot of things i wanted to reply to.
    Last edited by toooosmall; 05-15-2011 at 06:13 AM.

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici

Thread Information