Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member

Oral Rehydration Salts!

Creepy subject guys. but lately, i've been suffering. you know.... the big "D". And in this case, i'm talking diarrhea. And with it, energy levels real low, tired, can't seem to stay motivated.

Last night, this little fella from Nepal prepared a litre of oral rehydration salts and told me to drink it down in the next couple of hours. did as I was told. went to bed early. woke up, and damn! feeling about 90%. Could it really be due to depletion? not sure. so anyways, i bump into the little dude again, and he asks me how I am. tell him much better. So he makes me another litre, but this time, i grab the little packet of powder he made it with. same forumula used by the W.H.O.

So now I'm thinking why didn't i know about this years ago? It's used in developing countries where there are severe cases of diarrhea and gastroenteritis.

Anyways, I feel pretty good now. Time to hit the gym! =)

PitMaster is offline Associate Member
    I wonder if that would help with IBS....Had this for a few months, about 10 years ago. Sucked terribly. Good to see you have a witch doctor handy. : )
    Last edited by PitMaster; 07-31-2011 at 11:52 PM. Reason: added

don't know mate. found a liink where you can get 10 packs for $8. pretty simple formula, you could make it yourself if you were so inclined.

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    So now you are having a sh*tty week or Day? LOL Sounds like you are the exact opposite of where I was at last week. Yeah I would think stuff like that is good to have on hand. I have some Imodium AD but I have not had to use it luckily. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

This the stuff?
    Last edited by lovbyts; 08-01-2011 at 01:25 AM.

yeah, more or less, that's it. intensity at the gym was about 80%... good enough all things considering...

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Ill let this one go....

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Also good with a hangover.

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Yes Times .... itis well known that loads of lives in the third world would be saved by the use of rehydration salts. A basic rehydration formula is a 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 2 teaspoons of sugar mixed in a cup of water. That is cheap and effective!!

Today I am having my first sick day off in years (apart from hospitai) as you must have sent the squiddles down to me from Afganistan!! Thanks mate!!

Quote Originally Posted by paulzane View Post
    Yes Times .... itis well known that loads of lives in the third world would be saved by the use of rehydration salts. A basic rehydration formula is a 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 2 teaspoons of sugar mixed in a cup of water. That is cheap and effective!!

Today I am having my first sick day off in years (apart from hospitai) as you must have sent the squiddles down to me from Afganistan!! Thanks mate!!
    Always glad I could help out paul! =)

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    you lose so many electrolytes when having diarrhea, makes your body more acidic (loss of bi-carbonate). all you did was replenish them. when i train for longer than an hour, i take salt tablets or electrolyte pills to help get thru muscle cramps.

Carnivor is offline Banned
    Wow! 3.5gms of NACl
    1.5gms of KCL?

Just seems like a lot to add onto your normal RDA of salt I think 2.4gms.

For diarrhea I'd take like 8-10mg of loperamide/immodium. A lot of people don't realize that loperamide is technically an opiate. Except only very very small amounts pass the brain barrier. Still, it works like an opiate on opiate receptors in the stomach. And as science already knows opiates are expert constipators. Laxatives can't even wipe a person out on something like immodium. Rehydration salts just sound useless, if I need salt or sugar, I'll put it on my chicken.

Thread Information