JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)

Latest news from beating of homeless man

Spread this around guys. Post it on your facebook, post it on any other forums you are a part of, email it.... whatever. This type of shit should not happen.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...45104#44045104

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    The dad doesn't seem to broken up about it. Where was his dad when he needed meds. I'm not supporting this but I bet this guy is a complete asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    The dad doesn't seem to broken up about it. Where was his dad when he needed meds. I'm not supporting this but I bet this guy is a complete asshole.
    It was his own decision to stop taking his medication. He always had family to stay with, but he chose to live the way he did.

I've met his dad, and seen him many times over the last month. He shed tears at the city hall meeting on Tuesday. If he wasn't broken up about it, there's no way he would be putting in as much effort as he has into the situation.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Meh.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536 View Post
    It was his own decision to stop taking his medication. He always had family to stay with, but he chose to live the way he did.

I've met his dad, and seen him many times over the last month. He shed tears at the city hall meeting on Tuesday. If he wasn't broken up about it, there's no way he would be putting in as much effort as he has into the situation.
    $$$$... Just saying he doesn't look very caring to me. He reminds me of Dexter (the show) speaking at his wife's funeral.

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    $$$$... Just saying he doesn't look very caring to me. He reminds me of Dexter (the show) speaking at his wife's funeral.
    I know what you're saying, but I think you're incorrect. They already offered him $1 mil..... he told them to **** off.

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    This stuff sucks all the way around and is stupid all the way around. None of us know all the details. Most of the time the police or government pays out not because they did something wrong but because of the publicity to try to look good. Not long ago a cop shot a homeless guy in Seattle where I live. He was walking across the street carving a piece of wood. The police officer who saw him and shot him clearly over reacted and was in the wrong. They have paid out millions to the family since he was part American Indian they are putting up a large wooden totem pole in his memory. It is being carved by a brother or relative along with other native Americans. They are paying $$$ to put this up in memory of a homeless man who had a LONG history and record of crime. Now he is viewed as some type of hero or maturer? How or why is he more important than all the fallen soldiers who get no recognition? It's all BS and due to media.

Any payout to family should be based on the lifetime expected earnings of and they should be able to go back into court in the future for re adjustment if needed, not based on media attention. Also the offending officers should be prosecuted the same as anyone else instead of merely being let go, fired or less.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 08-06-2011 at 10:14 PM.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    This stuff sucks all the way around and is stupid all the way around. None of us know all the details. Most of the time the police or government pays out not because they did something wrong but because of the publicity to try to look good. Not long ago a cop shot a homeless guy in Seattle where I live. He was walking across the street carving a piece of wood. The police officer who saw him and shot him clearly over reacted and was in the wrong. They have paid out millions to the family since he was part American Indian they are putting up a large wooden totem pole in his memory. It is being carved by a brother or relative along with other native Americans. They are paying $$$ to put this up in memory of a homeless man who had a LONG history and record of crime. Now he is viewed as some type of hero or maturer? How or why is he more important than all the fallen soldiers who get no recognition? It's all BS and due to media.

Any payout to family should be based on the lifetime expected earnings of and they should be able to go back into court in the future for re adjustment if needed, not based on media attention. Also the offending officers should be prosecuted the same as anyone else instead of merely being let go, fired or less.
    bingo.

in working doors i see all this type of shit on the street, ive helped some homeless/junkies from being battered, ive also seen some who have sorely asked for it (usually just to get afew nights in a hospital bed, unfortunately)

Enough details are known.

Payout based on lifetime expected earnings? I don't know about yours, but the lives of my family members are invaluable.

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536 View Post
    Enough details are known.

Payout based on lifetime expected earnings? I don't know about yours, but the lives of my family members are invaluable.
    If that's the case then why do/did the families let these people become homeless, many times drug addicts, criminals, etc. Seems like there is a price when it's an inconvenience to them but when it comes to $$$ then all of the sudden these people are priceless.

beatango2008 is offline Senior Member
    Lovbyts and JDawg both have good points, But I am happy that the father is pushing for more than just money, its the whole moral of the thing that matters, so next time a cop will think twice about using such excessive force

If that's the case then why do/did the families let these people become homeless, many times drug addicts, criminals, etc.
    Lots of people have brought this up. I really don't understand the thought behind this, though. He was 37 years old..... a grown man. What should the father have done? Chain him in his basement? Have him committed? Forcibly drug him?

Mentally stable or not, he was a man making his own decisions.... and he was doing just fine living life the way he wanted to live it.

Thread Information