PitMaster is offline Associate Member

Do overweight people and underweight people have Animosity or jealousy for each other

I was wondering about this. I guess from reading in the diet section there seems to be more compassion or understanding for someone who is trying to lose weight.
    People trying to gain still get the help they need but it's on a different level.
    Do u Heavier set people look at someone who is light and trying to gain get kinda disgusted or jealous of how they look?
    Let's say someone who is lean already looks good, not sickly, but wants to bulk up. Are you more prone to help that person or just think they're vain or Plain jealous of them.
    On the other hand do u Lean guys look at someone big and are jealous of them for not having to work for their size and that their lazy and fat etc....
    I think someone who has been on both sides of the weight issue is more prone to help and understand where each side is coming from.
    Let's hear some honest answers. I'll give an example of my own experience and how it makes me feel in a bit.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    I think people help where they feel they can help the most.

And perhaps those who have shed BF feel so appreciative for FINALLY tapping into the secret formula of learning how to eat, they want to help others. Plus seems more members come to lose BF more than the other way around.
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 08-07-2011 at 03:54 PM.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Agree with Slimmer^^^^^. I'm not fat nor even heavy, but so many Americans are due to our diets and fast food joints, soda pop, etc. So with it so easy to blow out in this country everyone knows how difficult it is to lose that excess weight and so I think that is why we are more compassionate about helping someone who truly wants to lose weight and better themselves. As far as skinny people wanting to bulk up to me that is more of a fine tuning of the diet. But even so most here are willing to help in all situations.

I agree that members here are willing to help.
    I saw my in-law the other day he's 5'6 and 200 lbs. +. He's depressed and overweight. I looked at him with envy, saying to myself, must be nice to do nothing and get that size. I shouldn't of felt that way. I just encouraged him and told him he had a very good base to work with and would develop some decent LBM with his new w/o and encouraged him to look into diet.
    I'm putting foreign things in my body, training hard and dieting. So much discipline and work just to get at a weight that comes so easily to someone else. I know in his situation it came at a cost and he's not liking who he is. I've never had this kinda thought process, I guess It kinda bothers me to be envious of something so ridiculous. Not My Nature...

TBrah is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PitMaster View Post
    I agree that members here are willing to help.
    I saw my in-law the other day he's 5'6 and 200 lbs. +. He's depressed and overweight. I looked at him with envy, saying to myself, must be nice to do nothing and get that size. I shouldn't of felt that way. I just encouraged him and told him he had a very good base to work with and would develop some decent LBM with his new w/o and encouraged him to look into diet.
    I'm putting foreign things in my body, training hard and dieting. So much discipline and work just to get at a weight that comes so easily to someone else. I know in his situation it came at a cost and he's not liking who he is. I've never had this kinda thought process, I guess It kinda bothers me to be envious of something so ridiculous. Not My Nature...
    being fat isn't the same as being muscle big. You're still "big" either way but dude I would not want to be obese or go back to being skinny.
    I respect people who are bigger in terms of musclemass more than I envy them and I look to them for advice.
    Last edited by TBrah; 08-07-2011 at 04:44 PM.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    The thing i notice is people who are over weight and trying to loose know there is something wrong with their diet and want help.

Alot of the thinner people think their diet is good and not the issue. The yall eat healthy and eat a ton but still cant gain

Stickman123 is offline Junior Member
    I've always been skinny and have struggled to gain weight. I can lose weight very easily and I suppose I look at fat people with some animosity. I figure they must be *really* lazy if they can't do what I can do so easily. I mean how freaking hard is it to not put a piece of pizza in your mouth?

Then I remind myself it's just as hard for some people to lose as it is for me to gain....

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    I do have some animosity toward fat people.
    1. 99.9999999% of the time genetics aren't the problem
    2. They look in the mirror everyday and still decide to either do nothing, or put it off once again
    3. Look in their shopping carts; enough said
    4. Skinny people don't cost tax payers shit
    5. skinny people don't get disability for being skinny
    6. skinny people don't get their own lazy **** parking spots

Fat people get that way because of bad decisions or bad parenting (unfortunately very common now). However once they are old enough to think for themselves its time to wake up. How often do you hear, "I workout 5 days per week, eat healthy minimally processed foods, don't drink any soda or eat desserts but I still can't lose weight." Never. If you do hear it (which I have) its always a lie. I have actually surprised clients at their houses to see what they eat. It's always a lie.

Now flip that on its head; Skinny people say, "I eat a ton, workout 5 days per week, drink my protein shakes, and take creatine but I still can't gain weight." Most likely the answer to help this guy out is to tell him to drink less shakes and eat more food. He's probably not hiding the fact that he doesn't eat enough, he just doesn't know. Fat people know but hide it on purpose. Tell this guy to eat more and he will try and either report back that he can or can't. Tell the fat guy to eat less and healthier and he might do it but lie about snacking/drinking soda/desserts and not say a damn thing about it.

Further, many times skinny people really can't gain weight cuz of genetics. It just makes perfect sense. In a country that basically sets you up to be fat, the skinny people clearly have some sort of genetical edge. Either that or amazing parenting (almost never).

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    agree with slimmer...i dont see a double standard with the help/advice given either way....

and agree with tbrah that a more muscular person draws respect not envy from me and i guess that wold go for same as more fit/lean person as well..

NEVER would say i envy a fat OR skinny person though...definitely goes AGAINST what this site is

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    agree with slimmer...i dont see a double standard with the help/advice given either way....

and agree with tbrah that a more muscular person draws respect not envy from me and i guess that wold go for same as more fit/lean person as well..

NEVER would say i envy a fat OR skinny person though...definitely goes AGAINST what this site is
    Maybe I should of worded it differently. I by no means envy a fat person that doesn't have muscle tone. Looking past the muscle tone, I'm talking about the bulk. Obviously u see a big guy who's ripped to shit, I would just see hard work and discipline. A guy who's bulky and not toned and didn't work for it is what I'm talking about.

yeh i know what your saying as much as i am awed by ppl that can eat huge amounts of calories and not gain weight it is also fascinating but i'm sure it isnt so much fun when your trying to gain and cant

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    yer momma so fat she sat on a quarter and a tear popped out!

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    The thing i notice is people who are over weight and trying to loose know there is something wrong with their diet and want help.

Alot of the thinner people think their diet is good and not the issue. The yall eat healthy and eat a ton but still cant gain
    That's true but most of the over weight people are looking for a magic pill, special diet or the next new fad just as skinny people think aas is the solution. Most people want to be what they are not. People who are white want to be dark, dark people want to be more white. When I travel to Thailand or Philippines I use to get a good tan first and tan more while there. I noticed all the girls would tell me not to tan, stay white and they all use body lotion with bleach to get white.

What annoys me about fat/skinny people is they never seem to want to accept the true simple solution. FOOD. I know several people who are over weight (dont we all) and they always ask me about this diet or that. None of them will take the simple advice of first off learn to eat 6x a day. Then start eating a little healthier. Add more fruits, nuts, lean cuts of mean, chicken etc. No, they want to eat less, try to starve themselves and then give up because it's to hard but again, they wont do it the easy way either. STUPID... Even the people who saw me go from 210 lbs to 165 lbs in less than 6 months and then gaining muscle. I hardly worked out at all during the fat loss. Eating 6x a day was the main key.

Same with skinny people. They dont want to eat. They want to take pills or shakes. Eating more often, a little more and better food is not an option. Go figure.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Yes, as a skinny guy I was very envious of all those out of shape meso/endo guys. I knew that if I had their ability to pack on weight combined with my drive I would look so good! Instead I had to fight tooth and nail for every damn pound.

On the flip side I can sin on diet like there's no tomorrow and never get fat and sloppy. I'm always at least kind of cut. There's something to be said for that.

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    ill always feel im fat no matter what. and will always wish i grew up a skinny kid

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    The thing that gets me about the fat fcukers (and there are plenty of them on here) is why the fcuk did they let themselves get to where they were BEFORE doing something about it .... A 5ft 6 man, no muscle, getting to 250 lbs BEFORE realizing that he was fat!!! OR the woman who is 5ft 3 and 200+ lbs who waits until she has a basketball sized sweat rash from her thighs to her lower back and cannot wipe her @ss properly wthout someone holding one of her cheeks for her!!!

I can tell something is not right when I get a slight paunch or "beer belly" and adjust accordingly. Why wait until your skin is s.t.r.e.t.c.h.....e....d far beyond where it was intended? Why wait until your internal organs are degraded severely due to the amount of fat in and around them?

I find it very hard to congratulate anyone who posts about losing 75 /100 lbs before bodybuilding or starting their first STACK. (Although I have!)

I have seen many people over the years who have managed to lose an appreciable amount of weight and train for a good number of months but many, many fall by the wayside and after their first or second full night on the p1ss with a big meal and another day on the p1ss it all goes out the window!!

At work nearly every week they put "team donuts" or / and cheesy breads (sort of pizza) bread and dip etc. ...... I am always invited to have one or join in and I always say "No thanks! You don't get a body like this eating SH!TE!" All the fat fcukers probably think "CVNT!" but I am one of the oldest there and they can't argue!

I enjpy my drinking, like anyone, but I can drink my 10 pints a night at the weekend, if I want, BECAUSE I don't eat all the SHITE that is around and because I train as well.

SO to all the fat fcukers out there and ex fat fcukers out there too, just WHY oh WHY have / did you let yourself get like that in the first place??????

end of rant!!!

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    lol.. I'd say PZ has just a little animosity.

To an extent I kind of do as well. Its more towards heavy people than skinny, but it's mainly towards anyone who's too damn lazy to better themselves.. If you're 100lbs and trying to put on weight and make positive changes in diet and so forth and are willing to put in the work, I applaud you. On the other hand If you're 400 lbs and for whatever personal reason you let youself go, but you are committed to bettering yourself and have started excercising and dieting sensibly and have the drive to reach a healthy weight I applaud you as well. Anyone on either side of the spectrum that are unhappy and don't have the stregnth to change, I pity you.
    Granted obese people are a drain on our resources, have more health problems, are slower, etc.. Sometimes life gets in the way, be it personal, health factors, whatever.. If you have the will power and drive to change and follow through with it thats commendable.
    Not gonna lie when I see morbidly obese people slamming fast food I definitely have some derrogatory thoughts running through my head, ESPECIALLY when they are teaching/letting their 5 yr old kid become just like them

Quote Originally Posted by paulzane View Post
    The thing that gets me about the fat fcukers (and there are plenty of them on here) is why the fcuk did they let themselves get to where they were BEFORE doing something about it .... A 5ft 6 man, no muscle, getting to 250 lbs BEFORE realizing that he was fat!!! OR the woman who is 5ft 3 and 200+ lbs who waits until she has a basketball sized sweat rash from her thighs to her lower back and cannot wipe her @ss properly wthout someone holding one of her cheeks for her!!!

I can tell something is not right when I get a slight paunch or "beer belly" and adjust accordingly. Why wait until your skin is s.t.r.e.t.c.h.....e....d far beyond where it was intended? Why wait until your internal organs are degraded severely due to the amount of fat in and around them?

I find it very hard to congratulate anyone who posts about losing 75 /100 lbs before bodybuilding or starting their first STACK. (Although I have!)

I have seen many people over the years who have managed to lose an appreciable amount of weight and train for a good number of months but many, many fall by the wayside and after their first or second full night on the p1ss with a big meal and another day on the p1ss it all goes out the window!!

At work nearly every week they put "team donuts" or / and cheesy breads (sort of pizza) bread and dip etc. ...... I am always invited to have one or join in and I always say "No thanks! You don't get a body like this eating SH!TE!" All the fat fcukers probably think "CVNT!" but I am one of the oldest there and they can't argue!

I enjpy my drinking, like anyone, but I can drink my 10 pints a night at the weekend, if I want, BECAUSE I don't eat all the SHITE that is around and because I train as well.

SO to all the fat fcukers out there and ex fat fcukers out there too, just WHY oh WHY have / did you let yourself get like that in the first place??????
    end of rant!!!
    Well PZ I think in life shit happens! Losing loved ones, having drug or alchohol addictions, depression etc...These things put people in slumps and sometimes for a long period of time. When people stop living and don't give a fvck, bad things happen. Sometimes it takes awhile to come out of it. Hence a 5'6 250 lb. guy who's life was turned upside down has to drop 100 lbs to be right again.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    That's true but most of the over weight people are looking for a magic pill, special diet or the next new fad just as skinny people think aas is the solution. Most people want to be what they are not. People who are white want to be dark, dark people want to be more white. When I travel to Thailand or Philippines I use to get a good tan first and tan more while there. I noticed all the girls would tell me not to tan, stay white and they all use body lotion with bleach to get white.

What annoys me about fat/skinny people is they never seem to want to accept the true simple solution. FOOD. I know several people who are over weight (dont we all) and they always ask me about this diet or that. None of them will take the simple advice of first off learn to eat 6x a day. Then start eating a little healthier. Add more fruits, nuts, lean cuts of mean, chicken etc. No, they want to eat less, try to starve themselves and then give up because it's to hard but again, they wont do it the easy way either. STUPID... Even the people who saw me go from 210 lbs to 165 lbs in less than 6 months and then gaining muscle. I hardly worked out at all during the fat loss. Eating 6x a day was the main key.

Same with skinny people. They dont want to eat. They want to take pills or shakes. Eating more often, a little more and better food is not an option. Go figure.
    I think this is dead nuts on. My buddy trying to gain, going through divorce. I don't want to overwhelm him with diet so I gave him some basics. As soon as I say 6x meals a day, he's already discouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by ErnstHatAngst View Post
    Yes, as a skinny guy I was very envious of all those out of shape meso/endo guys. I knew that if I had their ability to pack on weight combined with my drive I would look so good! Instead I had to fight tooth and nail for every damn pound.

On the flip side I can sin on diet like there's no tomorrow and never get fat and sloppy. I'm always at least kind of cut. There's something to be said for that.
    EXACTLY!
    Last edited by PitMaster; 08-08-2011 at 03:27 PM. Reason: removed word

Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post
    lol.. I'd say PZ has just a little animosity.

To an extent I kind of do as well. Its more towards heavy people than skinny, but it's mainly towards anyone who's too damn lazy to better themselves.. If you're 100lbs and trying to put on weight and make positive changes in diet and so forth and are willing to put in the work, I applaud you. On the other hand If you're 400 lbs and for whatever personal reason you let youself go, but you are committed to bettering yourself and have started excercising and dieting sensibly and have the drive to reach a healthy weight I applaud you as well. Anyone on either side of the spectrum that are unhappy and don't have the stregnth to change, I pity you.
    Granted obese people are a drain on our resources, have more health problems, are slower, etc.. Sometimes life gets in the way, be it personal, health factors, whatever.. If you have the will power and drive to change and follow through with it thats commendable.
    Not gonna lie when I see morbidly obese people slamming fast food I definitely have some derrogatory thoughts running through my headESPECIALLY when they are teaching/letting their 5 yr old kid become just like them
    or a tv show like maury povich promotes(pays for the parents to come to hollywood)these super obese toddlers to sell his show doesnt help

Well PZ I think in life shit happens! Losing loved ones, having drug or alchohol addictions, depression etc...These things put people in slumps and sometimes for a long period of time. When people stop living and don't give a fvck, bad things happen. Sometimes it takes awhile to come out of it. Hence a 5'6 250 lb. guy who's life was turned upside down has to drop 100 lbs to be right again.

I don't disagree that some people have gone through hard times...... but the vast majority of obese people have not been through anything worse than most people! We all have stress at many times throughout our lives! Not everyone has to shovel 2 bacon double cheeseburgers, upsized fries, and a quart of coke down their fat fcukin necks

PZ, I don't think Obese people enjoy being that way. I think most people give up or don't try and get the help they need after they have failed attempts on their own. It's probaby embarassing for them. When I see a obese person piling down food it doesn't bother me. I know nothing about them and their life and what may have caused them to get this way. I try not and judge anymore, I don't like it when someone looks at me and only sees the cover and starts making assumptions. It makes me angry and defensive if I hear about it. There is an underlying truth or reason for everything so I try to see both sides and dig deeper for it.

AS far as kids go, I do understand that parenting plays a big role gotta teach them early and introduce the right things. I suppose because of peoples' schedules and hectic life, it's easier for them to give the kids the crap meals. This is either due to laziness and the lack of wanting to learn how to do it better. So the kids grow up fat and it extends into adulthood and the parents can't figure out why their kid got that way. It's a big problem we have in society, no easy fix and too many variables. For us to say to them to diet is simplifying it. Diet is not easy by any means and if they try and do it wrong, they gonna fail and this leads to a longer duration of them being that way.

PZ, I don't think Obese people enjoy being that way. I think most people give up or don't try and get the help they need after they have failed attempts on their own. It's probaby embarassing for them. When I see a obese person piling down food it doesn't bother me. I know nothing about them and their life and what may have caused them to get this way. I try not and judge anymore, I don't like it when someone looks at me and only sees the cover and starts making assumptions. It makes me angry and defensive if I hear about it. There is an underlying truth or reason for everything so I try to see both sides and dig deeper for it.

AS far as kids go, I do understand that parenting plays a big role gotta teach them early and introduce the right things. I suppose because of peoples' schedules and hectic life, it's easier for them to give the kids the crap meals. This is either due to laziness and the lack of wanting to learn how to do it better. So the kids grow up fat and it extends into adulthood and the parents can't figure out why their kid got that way. It's a big problem we have in society, no easy fix and too many variables. For us to say to them to diet is simplifying it. Diet is not easy by any means and if they try and do it wrong, they gonna fail and this leads to a longer duration of them being that way.
    thats what pisses me off the most is that when you are responsible for a child then your are acting criminally..if your too fcking lazy dont have kids...thats a bullshit excuse too hectic and/or too lazy...fine be a fat fvck but if you have kids you are responsible for them

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    thats what pisses me off the most is that when you are responsible for a child then your are acting criminally..if your too fcking lazy dont have kids...thats a bullshit excuse too hectic and/or too lazy...fine be a fat fvck but if you have kids you are responsible for them
    Yeah I don't think it's excusable either but I think parents go this route because it's easier. The problem is it's so hard for these guys to break this bad habit. If I see a parent that I know doing it to their kids I don't step on their toes and give them shit. It needs to be done but then your questioning their parent skills. This will not go over well. Maybe a different post for that topic for solutions and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by paulzane View Post
    I don't disagree that some people have gone through hard times...... but the vast majority of obese people have not been through anything worse than most people! We all have stress at many times throughout our lives! Not everyone has to shovel 2 bacon double cheeseburgers, upsized fries, and a quart of coke down their fat fcukin necks
    So are you saying that all the fat fuks at walmart HAVEN'T been through a rough time? C'mon! having to sit at home, watching oprah, waiting for their welfare check.... you know how stressful it is when the welfare check arrives a day late? or when the gawddamn batteries in the remote are on the fritz and they have to haul their fat fuk selves off of the sofa and change the channels by hand?

C'mon Paul.... you need to be more sensitive!

so wazzup! you on a tren cycle?

Last edited by zaggahamma; 08-09-2011 at 08:57 PM. Reason: double fn post

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    So are you saying that all the fat fuks at walmart HAVEN'T been through a rough time? C'mon! having to sit at home, watching oprah, waiting for their welfare check.... you know how stressful it is when the welfare check arrives a day late? or when the gawddamn batteries in the remote are on the fritz and they have to haul their fat fuk selves off of the sofa and change the channels by hand?

lmfao...keep em coming.....

o.k. o.k. I get it.. What can I say? My Estrogen's high.

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I can’t speak for others who are overweight, but as a fat *ss lol , my own experiences... as a very lean kid, a voluptuous teen/young adult, and now being overweight.... I always ate healthy with treats here and there/ fridge and cabinets not full a cr*p foods and was always very active and out doorsey.
    The weight gain started when I was less active, less out doorsey, some sad things happened in life, I got hurt and it did a number on my outlook/happiness/motivation/basically I wasn't myself at all, I shut down.

I don’t have animosity and I wouldn’t call it jealousy, but there is some envy towards thin girls... I'll find myself staring at a cute out lil fit on someone that I may have, but no longer fit in too, and I think "why the hell didnt I get proactive/my head strait the very moment I no longer could fit in that", "was it really so bad that I just gave up?" "I must have really hated myself or something, too let my weight get to a place where it would make me so unhappy".

...deep down I know it is a choice.
    Regardless of what med's they are on, mental illness they may have (depression ect) their food budget, trauma, body structures, living situation, how they were raised, habits blah blah blah... its common knowledge what foods are healthy , to stop eating before your full, and tons a free dieting help is available...it all comes down to choice and realizing that they deserve to be treated good, even by themselves.

Maybe thats why there seems to be more encouragement for those of us that are actually making changes to lose weight, maybe others realize that, yah its hard, but not just cuz a food changes, cuz a the whole new productive/ healing mind set.
    Maybe others realize that a person trying to lose weight has just found a new scense of hope/respect for themselves and that it must be nourished in order to progress. IMO

anyone see my dorritos and chocolate milk? I think I left em over by the TV next to the remote.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart View Post
    I can’t speak for others who are overweight, but as a fat *ss lol , my own experiences... as a very lean kid, a voluptuous teen/young adult, and now being overweight.... I always ate healthy with treats here and there/ fridge and cabinets not full a cr*p foods and was always very active and out doorsey.
    The weight gain started when I was less active, less out doorsey, some sad things happened in life, I got hurt and it did a number on my outlook/happiness/motivation/basically I wasn't myself at all, I shut down.

I don’t have animosity and I wouldn’t call it jealousy, but there is some envy towards thin girls... I'll find myself staring at a cute out lil fit on someone that I may have, but no longer fit in too, and I think "why the hell didnt I get proactive/my head strait the very moment I no longer could fit in that", "was it really so bad that I just gave up?" "I must have really hated myself or something, too let my weight get to a place where it would make me so unhappy".

...deep down I know it is a choice.
    Regardless of what med's they are on, mental illness they may have (depression ect) their food budget, trauma, body structures, living situation, how they were raised, habits blah blah blah... its common knowledge what foods are healthy , to stop eating before your full, and tons a free dieting help is available...it all comes down to choice and realizing that they deserve to be treated good, even by themselves.

Maybe thats why there seems to be more encouragement for those of us that are actually making changes to lose weight, maybe others realize that, yah its hard, but not just cuz a food changes, cuz a the whole new productive/ healing mind set.
    Maybe others realize that a person trying to lose weight has just found a new scense of hope/respect for themselves and that it must be nourished in order to progress. IMO
    Hey Kid. Just checked your profile page. I must say you put a lot of work into it. now if you were jogging in place while you were doing it you could have easily burned 100 calories! =)

Never done tren ...... probably shouldn't

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Hey Kid. Just checked your profile page. I must say you put a lot of work into it. now if you were jogging in place while you were doing it you could have easily burned 100 calories! =)
    lol
    baby steps Roman, baby steps...

Thread Information