scaredycat is offline Junior Member

America going down the tubes.

Does anyone else see America becoming a third world nation? WWII brought us from a third world nation to the leader. After WWII, we continued our status with unnecessary spending. It has now caught up to us. I think it is time for a reset of status.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    We will never become a third world nation unless a bomb or hostile takeover of some sort destroys us. Worst case scenario we default on ALL of our debt and then keep going from there.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scaredycat View Post
    Does anyone else see America becoming a third world nation? WWII brought us from a third world nation to the leader. After WWII, we continued our status with unnecessary spending. It has now caught up to us. I think it is time for a reset of status.
    Lol...dude we werent a 3rd world nation at the start of ww2.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Hell we were industrialized pre WW I, WTF are you talking about and whats your point?

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    It was a late night.......lol and I didn't even catch the third world part
    Last edited by Shol'va; 08-15-2011 at 07:47 AM. Reason: It was a late night.....

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    obviously, you've never been to a third world country before.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Country is ran on greed and it ain't changing anytime soon.
    Last edited by DSM4Life; 08-15-2011 at 05:34 AM.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Just delete out the bold then nobody will argue your point

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    obviously, you've never been to a third world country before.
    That's a fact. I was not sure how to reply to this the first time I read it. Pretty funny. I was wondering if he meant when the pilgrims landed and even then we/they were near the top of the game for the time.

3rd world huh? lol

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    That's a fact. I was not sure how to reply to this the first time I read it. Pretty funny. I was wondering if he meant when the pilgrims landed and even then we/they were near the top of the game for the time.

3rd world huh? lol
    yep. 3rd world = developing countries such as congo, nigeria, liberia, sudan, afghanistan, and canada =)

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    yep. 3rd world = developing countries such as congo, nigeria, liberia, sudan, afghanistan, and canada =)
    Canada is considered a developing country now? I though it was still just a province.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Canada is considered a developing country now? I though it was still just a province.
    yeah, benevolent me decided to upgrade canada from province 3.1 to developing country 1.0

wouldn't want to make kawi feel we don't luv her? =)

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Ah America .... Land of the Deluded (thinking they are Free!!)

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Where are these tubes?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    Where are these tubes?
    prolly means sphincter/colon

Shol'va is offline Productive Member

Third world as it is used today means a developing country, which we were prior to WWII. Yes the industrial revolution started prior to this but we were nowhere near the rest of the world. We did not enter WWII until much later than every other player. We entered early by supplying the world with war goods, which catapulted us into the leading producer of goods. This greatly increased all of our agriculture and manufacturing. After WWII, when the war needs were gone, we started making luxuries. This has been our place ever since, until now. Now we are having trouble buying our own luxuries, which is why we are in a huge recession. I can not figure out what can bring us out of this. That is why I think we are in store for a huge reset to where we should be. I do not see the future of this country as the number one super power. A super power, yes. But not number one.

^in time, all things change.

but you are still non factual. we were NOT a third world country prior to WW2.

we had infrastructure.... railroads, hundreds of thousands of miles of roads, public transportation, factories, sustainable agriculture, cities, a well organized government, sea ports, a coherent military, free press, educational system. This means we were a developed country. Not a premier developed country, maybe, but developed, none the less.

Third world = developing = little or no industry, struggling government, inadequate military, poor infrastructure, insufficient agricultural sector (unable to feed all it's people), corruption and quite often, anarchy.

One more guess to get it right?

We were still developing. I am going off of my college professors. The line is grey. I have always been taught that WWII brought us into being a super power. Prior to that we were a developing nation.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Third world as it is used today means a developing country, which we were prior to WWII. Yes the industrial revolution started prior to this but we were nowhere near the rest of the world. We did not enter WWII until much later than every other player. We entered early by supplying the world with war goods, which catapulted us into the leading producer of goods. This greatly increased all of our agriculture and manufacturing. After WWII, when the war needs were gone, we started making luxuries. This has been our place ever since, until now. Now we are having trouble buying our own luxuries, which is why we are in a huge recession. I can not figure out what can bring us out of this. That is why I think we are in store for a huge reset to where we should be. I do not see the future of this country as the number one super power. A super power, yes. But not number one.
    Mate, give up. America was not a 3rd world country just before WW2.

Cyclez is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by paulzane View Post
    Ah America .... Land of the Deluded (thinking they are Free!!)
    Ahh the Middle East, land of mask wearing sociopathic suicide bombers.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclez View Post
    Haven't seen what your describing, and I have been in the middle east for the better part of a decade.

Cyclez is offline Banned
    /\ I know that was the point, sarcastic blanket generalizations.

We were still developing. I am going off of my college professors. The line is grey. I have always been taught that WWII brought us into being a super power. Prior to that we were a developing nation.
    you might be confusing what WW2 actually did. We were on the trailing edge of the depression. WW2 took us out of the depression and into a growing and prosperous economy.

But you have to realize, WW2 didn't create industry that wasn't already there. The widgets that came out of our factories due to WW2 may have looked different, and the quantities may have went up, but those factories, in large part, were already there.

We were already an industrialized society. We already had developed the technology of mass production. Medicine was pretty good relative to the rest of the world. Doesn't mean there was good access, but compared to the rest of the world, there was reasonable access. And the technology behind it was reasonably good.

We had a stock exchange. Maybe it wasn't doing so good, but it was there, none the less. We had a banking system. People could buy homes, and there were banks that could provide a mortgage to those that qualified.

Our Universities were good and developed some top notch thinkers.

Our resources were good (oil, timber, coal, agriculture etc.) and we were able to exploit and distribute them reasonably well.

So I'm a little confused by your comment. Instead of saying this is what your professor said, let's hear what you have to say, backed up with a thought process?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclez View Post
    I'm with WM on this.... i've only been here 8 months, and have only seen a few situations. To be honest, most guys back in the streets of LA could have seen more during the same time period...

...except maybe not with RPG's! =)

You must be fracking nuts to think that the one country that holds the money printer of the world will go down the drain. The whole world will colapse before the US does. Its just mass-media gaga, which in most cases is the sole reason for people not investing and not putting money in circulation, thus affecting the natural flow and cycle of earning/spending money. People will not spend money on your services if you dont spend money on theirs. Its like the food chain, no grass for antilopes, no tigers/lions. So lions depend indirectly on grass to survive basically.

Its just speculation for the purpose of making more money for certain people. The world is a stage my friends, we are all actors playing what the director tells us to play.

so where's scaredycat? I thought he was going to take a stand and support his comment?

I went to bed. Maybe I am wrong about my original statement, but my point was in the question. I was asking if anyone see us tapering off.

Thread Information