MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member

3 months out of the gym and 30lbs lost due to depression this is the base i have left

since i couldnt gwt the uploader to work i made the pic my avatar, it was taken yesterday i hope you can see it good enough
    Last edited by MBMETC; 08-25-2011 at 09:56 AM.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    why are you depressed man?

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Just PM me the pics and I'll give you my biased opinion. Just remember for every 20lb loss you gain penis length.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    I think we all go through some sort of depressive mood from time to time depending whats going on in our lives at that time. But snapping out of it quickly is the key.

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    why are you depressed man?
    recently seperated and i have a nine year son

Quote Originally Posted by shol'va View Post
    just pm me the pics and i'll give you my biased opinion. Just remember for every 20lb loss you gain penis length.
    pm me your email and ill send you some pics ;-)

-Ender- is offline Not Retired
    Happens man. Life throws us these curveballs and it's up to us to take care of business and then get the mass and strength back as time permits. Hang in there, you'll bounce back into things.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ender- View Post
    Happens man. Life throws us these curveballs and it's up to us to take care of business and then get the mass and strength back as time permits. Hang in there, you'll bounce back into things.
    ya it feels good to be back in the gym even though im as weak as a girl

-Ender- is offline Not Retired
    I hear ya. I've been there too. comes back fast but it seems like forever.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    try to get thru it...losing all that weight is just going to make it worse. But the weight and no being depressed will come back quick if you're in the gym, eating and maybe a cycle if thats your thing. Good luck bud. I hate being depressed.

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about your situation, well at least it sounds like you are thru it now and ready to get back being productive.
    You got to fight for custody or is she being cool?

east coast 13 is offline Junior Member
    good luck man .

BuffBuffalo is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear man. I've done the exact thing, lost about 25lbs due to stress of a relationship. I remember when I went back I thought I'd never get back to where I was. Trust me though, just stay motivated and it'll happen sooner than you think. Good luck bro.

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about that man, really. I dont know your situation but time heals everything. Stay positive and focused on the important things. Dont worry about things you cannot change. Be the best father you can be to your son and show him love. Things will get better and you want to show your son that you stayed strong during affliction (or atleast acted like it) as this is the best example to him for life in general. I wish nothing bad on anyone and it saddens me when a family is broken. Occupy your time and do not sit dorment. The storm will blow over. Stay tough brother.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    I think we all go through some sort of depressive mood from time to time depending whats going on in our lives at that time. But snapping out of it quickly is the key.
    Depression can be a mental disorder.... chemical imbalance in the brain. Some people just can't snap out of it.

PitMaster is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MBMETC View Post
    ya it feels good to be back in the gym even though im as weak as a girl
    At least you back in the gym, listening to some metal might help when w/o

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    Sorry to hear that man, get back in that gym and disregard females and acquire those aesthetics young padawan.

JiveTurkey01 is offline New Member
    Hey man now is a time more than ever to be aware of all the things in life that you are in fact fortunate of.

For one at least you are aware of the reason you're depressed. I can remember times in the past when I've been depressed and had no real clue why I was that way and that fact alone can really aggravate things & make you feel broken. And once that happens you start to feel like you're just that much worse off in life.

But to be depressed about this situation is not abormal by any means. In fact I'd say it makes you that much better of a father, you obviously care for your son and keeping your family together.

Let me stress however that you may view food as something that keeps your body growing but food serves much more vital roles in mental health, stress levels all together. If you are not eating right that alone can deplete happy neurotransmitters as your brain needs lots of protien everyday just to manufacture endorphins, beta endorphins, and the protiens that directly break down into endorphins. Endorphins to a lot for keeping humans happy. A deficit in calories can definitely change that.

Look into taking the 3 "happy T protiens" L-theanine, L-taurine, and L-tyrosine as all 3 of these are key protiens for a depressed person. And they are all rather potent when mixed together. You can actually feel a very noticeable boost in your mood. This alone will make you hungry, and will help you eat more, bringing more essential protiens into your brain, retriggering the cycle over and over again. And a healthy diet full of protien is one of the main things that is recommended for people coming off medicines that are known to make people depressed. Exercise is the other main thing that will help.

I joined cause I've been reading around here a lot lately and hate to see any of you like this. As focused as you all on your health you should be equally as focused on your mental health. It will be hard but like I said those 3 protiens, food all together, and exercise are 3 of the most important things I can thing of when it comes to offsetting depression. Obviously test plays a major role too. But I do believe you can snap out of this funk that life has you in if you can just find the energy for a few weeks to eat right and force yourself through your workouts... eventually you will be bound to feel good again.

Good luck!

Thanks for all the support

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    i lost more than that after a bad car smash, got all back and more within 12wks, it just seems to suddenly creep back on. you'll get back

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    i lost more than that after a bad car smash, got all back and more within 12wks, it just seems to suddenly creep back on. you'll get back
    thanks for the encouraging words

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I hope everything gets better for you. Depression is always tough and hopefully you can see a good therapist to talk to. I wish you all the best.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Dont let this situation take time out of your life, keep strong and in time things will get better. Ive been there a few times and each one is a learning curve on how you handle those dark times.

Remember your unique, you will be happy again, you can raise above this situation

Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    I hope everything gets better for you. Depression is always tough and hopefully you can see a good therapist to talk to. I wish you all the best.
    Thanks ts, ya im talking to someone

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Dont let this situation take time out of your life, keep strong and in time things will get better. Ive been there a few times and each one is a learning curve on how you handle those dark times.

Remember your unique, you will be happy again, you can raise above this situation
    thanks Marcus, much appreciated

Thread Information