Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member

Pre and Post drinking hangover cures

I rarely rarely go out and drink anymore, like twice a year rare. But it's my birthday so going out with the boys on Saturday night is a must... What I'm dreading is the next day or how ever long it tales to recover. Iv heard things like drink 2L of water before bed and tomato juice and not to mix drinks but that's about it.

If anyone has any Pre or Post things to do on a big night of drinking please let me know?

Thanks
    Doc P

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Drink as much water you can before you go to sleep and have a 2l bottle next you in bed. That or just drink yourself sober. But I doubt that will happen with the little amount of drinking you do. Make sure you horse some food into aswell before you go to bed always helps when locked.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    pedialyte for adults

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    I don't drink much anymore, but I managed bars n bartended in college... My steps to prevent hangover:
    -Eat a solid meal before going out (don't go out on an empty stomach)
    -don't drink cherry bombs or crap drink specials, the 5$ bottles of alcohol they use give hella hangovers from all of the impurities
    -avoid shots with puckers/sugary liqueurs, avoid champagne (even bottles they sell for $150 are usually 5$ bottles of cheap sh*t)
    -drink water as the bars are closing
    -eat a good healthy meal when I get home, or at least a protein shake if I can't get food down (I prefer chicken n rice, or some good carb to soak up the alcohol)
    -drink tons of water before bed and take a multi-vitamin or 2
    -and sex before bed seems to work wonders, but make sure to hydrate

Different stuff works for different people, but when I followed these steps I usually woke up in pretty decent shape

My Hangover cure: Large coke n 2 cheeseburgers, 1 hamburger from McDonalds, I dunno why, but when I can't eat anything else, this seems to work wonders.. Hell of a cheat meal =)
    Or sometimes an energy drink and of course advil... for some reason the caffeine makes me feel better quickly

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post
    I don't drink much anymore, but I managed bars n bartended in college... My steps to prevent hangover:
    -don't drink cherry bombs or crap drink specials, the 5$ bottles of alcohol they use give hella hangovers from all of the impurities
    -avoid shots with puckers/sugary liqueurs, avoid champagne (even bottles they sell for $150 are usually 5$ bottles of cheap sh*t)
    -eat a good healthy meal when I get home, or at least a protein shake if I can't get food down (I prefer chicken n rice, or some good carb to soak up the alcohol)

Different stuff works for different people, but when I followed these steps I usually woke up in pretty decent shape

My Hangover cure: Large coke n 2 cheeseburgers, 1 hamburger from McDonalds, I dunno why, but when I can't eat anything else, this seems to work wonders.. Hell of a cheat meal =)
    Or sometimes an energy drink and of course advil... for some reason the caffeine makes me feel better quickly
    so your saying swallowing helps you

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    I dont think he's talking about cheeseburgers either.

Dpyle is offline Productive Member
    My sure shot cure if I wake up feeling like crap is a small roll of tums( like they sell a gas stations) and a 32oz Gatorade. The tums help settle your stomach so you can actually get the liquids down. After that good usually isn't a problem.

RaZr is offline Member
    I dont drink much but i always use G-tox before bed, they sell it at GNC, I don't know if it actually works but I feel like it does for me. I usually try to drink one for 5 drinks I have. Also, drink a lot of water before bed.

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    when im hung over i eat ice cream i feel 100% better within 10mins. honest

bigpapabuff is offline Senior Member
    just drink as much water as possible, only thing that ever worked for me.

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    for post hangovers eat whole eggs..it contains cystosine(sp) proven to help cure hangovers

kalspic is offline Senior Member
    i get shitty indigestion when i drink so tums are a must

PitMaster is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    lol..Must be cuz of the extra protein

water before sleep, Alka seltzer helps in the a.m.

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    I usually take 2 grams of vitamin C, a multi v, and chug as much water as possible before bed. The next morning I take some Pepto and I'm usually good to go. Before going out, having a meal with some fats and protein helps. Having a meal before passing out helps as well. Believe it or not, Jager and most whiskeys don't give me a hangover. Beer and wine give me bad hangovers, wine being the worst.

g0dsend is offline Member
    Bite the snake that bit you. Aka, take a couple shots of what you drank in the morning

Never tried it, but someone told me that and I wouldnt recommend it lol.

Usually what works for me all the time is drinking a shitload of water before you goto bed, and get a meal in, and sleep at least 7-8 hours. You should be fine even on the heaviest of drinking days.

Thanks boys I might just try them all...

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post

See bold, good advice

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    In the UK we have something called a Berocca (Vit C+water soluble vits), I take 2 of them in a pint and down it before going to sleep. Then take Dioralyte in the moring and replace all the bodies salts that may have been lost through dehydration.

Then its usually fresh smoothie's with a solid protein/fat meal.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    In the UK we have something called a Berocca (Vit C+water soluble vits), I take 2 of them in a pint and down it before going to sleep. Then take Dioralyte in the moring and replace all the bodies salts that may have been lost through dehydration.

Then its usually fresh smoothie's with a solid protein/fat meal.
    Now this sounds good in Aus we have berocca too!! 1 question though... What's a dioraylte?

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Taco Bell.

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    also take some liver care on the day and the day after drinking. ie milk thistle and/or LIV52

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pepper View Post
    Now this sounds good in Aus we have berocca too!! 1 question though... What's a dioraylte?
    http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&sa=X&...w=1366&bih=587

Dioralyte sachets contain rehydration salts consisting of sugars and salts (glucose, sodium chloride, potassium chloride and disodium hydrogen citrate). They are used to replace body fluids lost as a result of acute diarrhoea.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by g0dsend View Post
    Bite the snake that bit you. Aka, take a couple shots of what you drank in the morning

Never tried it, but someone told me that and I wouldnt recommend it lol.

Usually what works for me all the time is drinking a shitload of water before you goto bed, and get a meal in, and sleep at least 7-8 hours. You should be fine even on the heaviest of drinking days.
    i think they call that reconstituting your drunkenness!!!!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    time
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Drink lots and lots of water.

Thanks guys for all the tips! Just an update on how it went!

I had a BIG steak and fries for dinner. One coffee. Then started drinking, just moderate didn't smash them down, couple of shots. Stuck to vodka and soda water, couple of vodka red bulls towards the end of the night. Had a big bowl of pasta and a litre of water. Also before bed I tried Swifto's Berocca and dehydration salts drink. Woke up feeling pretty good, slept for ages! Still a little tired but pretty good all over.

Thanks again guys

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Oxygen. Pilots swear by it. They drop down the oxygen masks in the cockpit and after about 5 minutes they are good to go. I have a friend who is a pilot.

Thread Information