Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    JiveTurkey01 is offline New Member

Hurricane Irene headed for NEUScoast, should I be worried?

Hey lads never been through a hurricane before and noticed noones talking about Irene on here. I had a few questions for people who have been through them and what my risk is being 6 ft above sea level here on the NJ coast?

First, are there any other NJ members around here? What are you guys doing?
    Any of you live by the coast specifically?
    Are you staying at your residence or waiting for updates tommorow to decide?

I'm worried as I live exactly 35 feet from the beach and have only been at this residence for the last year (moved from NYC). There is already flooding here from this last storm, and I heard a new moon is starting sunday which is suppose to raise tides higher or something. Then there is the potential 8-10ft swell in tide that the hurricane is suspected to cause. My house is 4 feet off the ground, 6 feet above sea level (10ft to the first floor). I do have flood insurance but am not sure if I should stay here or not during the storm.

Also, I saw people on the news taping up windows then I later heard taping your windows is pointless. Still I'm afraid of things flying through the windows as a good portion of our house is sea view windows the large kind. I also can't leave as my family lives in SoCal so I have no where to go.

Never been through anything like this before and am growing somewhat anxious, any advice would really help. Cheers!

Last edited by JiveTurkey01; 08-25-2011 at 10:40 PM.

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    sounds like your in for a nice ride lol i never been in a hurricane before but i wish you best of luck bro. maybe it wont even hit

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    I would not stay where you are. I would drive way inland and get a hotel. No way I would sit there. Idk how intense it is going to be in NJ but I went swimming when there was a hurricane really far off the coast and the waves were humongous and ate the whole beach up. Really dangerous and I should never have done it but the point is that you are only 6feet above sea level and the waves i experienced were huge and the whole beach was gone. I went in off the docks that were meant to lead to the beach. Once again the hurricane wasn't even on the east coast, it was far away...

Marcus is about to get owned like he's never been owned before.
    Last edited by JiveTurkey01; 08-28-2011 at 06:03 PM.

Marcus is about to get owned like he's never been owned before.
    Last edited by JiveTurkey01; 08-28-2011 at 06:03 PM.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by JiveTurkey01 View Post
    Hey lads never been through a hurricane before and noticed noones talking about Irene on here. I had a few questions for people who have been through them and what my risk is being 6 ft above sea level here on the NJ coast?

First, are there any other NJ members around here? What are you guys doing?
    Any of you live by the coast specifically?
    Are you staying at your residence or waiting for updates tommorow to decide?

I'm worried as I live exactly 35 feet from the beach and have only been at this residence for the last year (moved from NYC). There is already flooding here from this last storm, and I heard a new moon is starting sunday which is suppose to raise tides higher or something. Then there is the potential 8-10ft swell in tide that the hurricane is suspected to cause. My house is 4 feet off the ground, 6 feet above sea level (10ft to the first floor). I do have flood insurance but am not sure if I should stay here or not during the storm.

Also, I saw people on the news taping up windows then I later heard taping your windows is pointless. Still I'm afraid of things flying through the windows as a good portion of our house is sea view windows the large kind. I also can't leave as my family lives in SoCal so I have no where to go.

Never been through anything like this before and am growing somewhat anxious, any advice would really help. Cheers!

Seems like your really worried about rising sea level, I would be at 5ft 1" lmfao

Bo, you was banned and humiliated yet you still want to come back and be apart of this community. Are you that simple you cant see with all these accounts you make you keep us on the top leader ladder lol.

Your carry on Robert if it makes you feel better but I am not interested in your game's, if you want to talk tough on the internet go ahead lol. I wouldn't expect anything else from an Ex drug addict & Ex offender who is 5ft1" suffering with small man syndrome. I wonder what your brothers would think of you if they knew LMFAO.

Why all the hate anyway Mr Cece when we are friends on facebook

I'm no expert but your boarding a dwarf IMHO, no wonder your angry with those genetics

Diliverance extras lol - interbreeding at its best

ps, I couldn't stop laughing about the Robert the Jocky, Monmouthpark greatest LMFAO that could be a cartoon character

Please everyone ignore him from now on.........

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Bo, you was banned and humiliated yet you still want to come back and be apart of this community. Are you that simple you cant see with all these accounts you make you keep us on the top leader ladder lol.

Your carry on Robert if it makes you feel better but I am not interested in your game's, if you want to talk tough on the internet go ahead lol. I wouldn't expect anything else from an Ex drug addict & Ex offender who is 5ft1" suffering with small man syndrome. I wonder what your brothers would think of you if they knew LMFAO.

I'm no expert but your boarding a dwarf IMHO, no wonder your angry with those genetics

ps, I couldn't stop laughing about the Robert the Jocky, Monmouthpark greatest LMFAO that could be a cartoon character

Please everyone ignore him from now on.........

^^ Lmfao

And ive seen pictures of him before and can confirm that is him, man that is so so funny, great find...
    Do not ask me for a source check.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    The infamous Bo.. had me laughin out loud at work reading this... a troll? yes.. but he is comical
    Last edited by jasc; 08-26-2011 at 09:42 AM.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    BO....hit me with a PM from one of ur crazy accounts, got a question regarding something we discussed couple months ago...

teddykgb29 is offline Associate Member
    good luck with the storm, looks bad.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    BO....hit me with a PM from one of ur crazy accounts, got a question regarding something we discussed couple months ago...
    You're skating on thin f*cking ice pal.

hmm and me and twist were just being concerned

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I'm 5 miles from the shore, for real. I'm a little fvcking concerned tbh. Guess we'll see.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I'm 5 miles from the shore, for real. I'm a little fvcking concerned tbh. Guess we'll see.
    i would be concerned about power outage. that is the worst when it is 1000000 degrees out and you have zero A/C and no fridge. if you can find a cheap generator and a portable A/C, you will be king! hopefully there aren't any big trees around ya. good luck bro and take care of the wife n jr to be!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    at least you know youll still be able to get water wings on in case of emergency

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    What are you wondering when the next troll convention is????

Or you guys going to swap troll secrets???

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You bitches really think I give a fvck about a measily category 1 hurricane?

I've have about 40 accounts currently open and active, I make long posts telling you people I'm from NJ, and you still can't put 2 and 2 together. I mean FFS I even complimented marcus about 5 times today and he still has no clue someones fvckn with him. Quick one he is indeed.

EVERYWHERE you go I am there. Admin doesn't even try to get rid of me anymore I think its hilarious. Comeone admin at least ban my fvckn IP this is my 100th time telling you. Its too easy to come back here and fvck with you people, especially dec11 and bronzer I mean I though marcus was dumb but those 2 really have no hope at all.

Oh btw will duct tape help or not? HAHAHAHAAAAAAA
    Comeon matt this is when you come in here and talk about how sad I am, when you can't even find one of my fvckn accounts and I'm on here everyday talking to you people.

At least make this harder for me I keep coming back expecting it to be harder but it actually gets easier everytime..
    I dont know if I should LOL or feel pity for you? It is pretty pathetic to think you have nothing better to do than troll here after being banned. Really and in all honesty you need to get checked out or at least take a good long look at yourself and ask why this is entertaining to you and such a big deal.

It's bad enough you got yourself banned by being an idiot but to continually come back just to make a fool of yourself or to try to cause problems on a great site; one that you once felt the same way about is really pathetic and makes someone question your priorities in life. I'm being honest, not trying to flame you. Think about it.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Regardless of Bo posting this in another "look at me, look at me" moment, I'm hearing on the news that currently 3 million people are without power.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Regardless of Bo posting this in another "look at me, look at me" moment, I'm hearing on the news that currently 3 million people are without power.
    My sister is with out power. They are saying atleast 3 days before its back. But everyone i've talked to in NJ says it wasnt bad

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    My sister is with out power. They are saying atleast 3 days before its back. But everyone i've talked to in NJ says it wasnt bad
    3 days without power is nuts. That's no electricity, no heating/air con, no light, no means of cooking, everything in the fridge and freezer spoiling. The world running on fossil fuel, what a joke that is. Hope your sister is okay though.

3 days without power is nuts. That's no electricity, no heating/air con, no light, no means of cooking, everything in the fridge and freezer spoiling. The world running on fossil fuel, what a joke that is. Hope your sister is okay though.
    yea. the power station or transformer what ever is under water. so they have to wait for it to subside.
    she was emptying the fridge and heading to my other sisters house to stay.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Quote Originally Posted by Standby View Post
    hmm and me and twist were just being concerned
    Who goes onto boards to 'troll' but has regular conversations?

Oh come on, 3 days is not that long and nothing in the freezer will spoil unless you stand there staring looking for something. Growing up we went without power 3, 5, 7 days several times. 7 days the refrigerator gets pretty much room temp. The freezer everything is a bit mushy but 3 days there is very little difference if you just get what you need, open/close and stay out of it. Keep it closed and it will still stay frozen for 5 days easy.

Plenty to do when the power goes out. That's the nice thing about fire places, gas or wood. Generators for when/if you really need them but if it gets cold you just use more blankets. It's good to have things like this happen every so often to help keep us sharp and remind us of a few simple survival skills.

I know in my house if we could not go to the store I still have enough canned and other food to last us at least 2 weeks before anyone would go hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus

You don't want to play "games" but you can't stop with the height jokes ffs so what do you really expect?
    BTW I'm sure this is difficult for your brain to understand but its not a napolean complex its a tall man complex. If you grew up with 4 older brothers, all 6+ inches taller than you, you don't actually feel short from it (well some people do). What happens is they beat your ass a lot, but they also let you win just as much. So you grow up thinking you can take anybody.

That is an aspect of my personality that is impossible to change and you view it as an insecurity but I view it more like a fake security (sounds the same to you sounds different to me =]). Or maybe I did develop a small man complex idrfk. Cause when I had to serve time, I gave lots of big guys attitude when they tried to push their weight around, and naturally I got my ass kicked most of the time. But I also learned to fight pretty well due to this (imo). My real advantage is my ability to take a serious and I mean serious beating while still fighting as dirty as I possibly can. The harder you punch, the harder I will bite at your nose/ear/fingers.

I think that is why we have never got along. You view my tough guy attitude as a sign of disrespect just cause I'm small and you expect otherwise, maybe it makes you feel small cause a small guy isn't afraid of you and doesn't kiss your ass. But you can't get mad at me for it if you understood how many beatings I had to take just to earn confidence in myself. People are the way they are.

If you want me to stop fvckn around I don't really care its not a big deal. I keep coming back here because I feel I deserve an explanation. I show'd you nothing but respect on the day I was banned and you had it out for me over slimmerme which provoked me to call you out in that moderator thread and you don't see that. You saw one incident than another, not seeing they were all tied together directly. I did not randomly mosey on into that thread and think "oh heres marcus let me fvck with him cause I have nothing better to do". You know you had cracked a height joke a few days earlier and I did not know why untill I find out slimmerme went and told you about the family thing.

But the thing you DO NOT understand, is still till this day I have no idea what I ever said to slimmerme. No I do not use drugs & I have been clean for 10 years. But I am on cozaar which causes short term memory loss and sometimes rebound blood pressure that irritates me. She pm'd me one day telling me she didn't appreciate me talking about her family. I was completely dumbfounded and offended by the idea that I said something so ignorant/hurtful w/out remembering it. I simply responded something like "I have no idea why I would even say anything about your family, can you please copy it for me?"

I THOUGHT I was nice about it. She apparently pulled some high and mighty shit and tattled to you w/out even considering the possibility I would have gladly apologized had I said something like that. All I want to know is what I said, and I will leave you alone. If you *really* want to stop the games, you have to know what I said, I know she told you, and if you can tell me specifically, I will leave and never come back.

I am an asshole sometimes yes but I don't think I'm better than anyone. The fact is if I hurt someones feelings I feel bad as fvck about it and I will obsess about it. Neither you or slim ever even tried to talk to me about it. And thats why I keep coming back. You want honesty there you fvckn go.

Tell me and I will leave, thats a promise.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    "cool story bo, ah I mean bro"

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Oh come on, 3 days is not that long and nothing in the freezer will spoil unless you stand there staring looking for something. Growing up we went without power 3, 5, 7 days several times. 7 days the refrigerator gets pretty much room temp. The freezer everything is a bit mushy but 3 days there is very little difference if you just get what you need, open/close and stay out of it. Keep it closed and it will still stay frozen for 5 days easy.

Plenty to do when the power goes out. That's the nice thing about fire places, gas or wood. Generators for when/if you really need them but if it gets cold you just use more blankets. It's good to have things like this happen every so often to help keep us sharp and remind us of a few simple survival skills.

I know in my house if we could not go to the store I still have enough canned and other food to last us at least 2 weeks before anyone would go hungry.
    Haha, I mean this in the nicest way, but how long ago was "growing up". Years and years ago, perhaps technology wasn't the lynch-pin of society but in the Modern Developed world, energy is almost as much a requirement for humans today as food and water. It's not just a case of putting on some extra clothing if it's cold, people take for granted the simple idea of flicking a switch and what that enables us. It can also depend on where you are, sure you can eat tinned products for a few days, but people are born whiners. People would complain about the lack of heating that food, having a hot shower, using candles all the time, etc.

To go from 21st Century technophile to luddite is a massive step but it's more than just an inconvenience.

I personally think I would be happiest on an island, away from technology and living a purely self-sustainable life, but that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagg;5733***
    Haha, I mean this in the nicest way, but how long ago was "growing up". Years and years ago, perhaps technology wasn't the lynch-pin of society but in the Modern Developed world, energy is almost as much a requirement for humans today as food and water. It's not just a case of putting on some extra clothing if it's cold, people take for granted the simple idea of flicking a switch and what that enables us. It can also depend on where you are, sure you can eat tinned products for a few days, but people are born whiners. People would complain about the lack of heating that food, having a hot shower, using candles all the time, etc.

To go from 21st Century technophile to luddite is a massive step but it's more than just an inconvenience.

I personally think I would be happiest on an island, away from technology and living a purely self-sustainable life, but that's me.
    Last time my power went out for several days at a time, 3 or 4 was 2010 so it's not exactly WAY back when. It happens all the time. All you have to do is use some common sense. You want/need something out of the refrigerator make it quick. Dont open the refrigerator/freezer more than you need. Yeah cold showers are not fun but you dont spend 30 minutes taking a shower. Get wet, turn off the shower, soap up, rinse of. On my travels I have stayed many places that do not have hot water heaters.

Yes people are whiners but they also learn to adapt for the most part.

You don't want to play "games" but you can't stop with the height jokes ffs so what do you really expect?
    BTW I'm sure this is difficult for your brain to understand but its not a napolean complex its a tall man complex. If you grew up with 4 older brothers, all 6+ inches taller than you, you don't actually feel short from it (well some people do). What happens is they beat your ass a lot, but they also let you win just as much. So you grow up thinking you can take anybody.

That is an aspect of my personality that is impossible to change and you view it as an insecurity but I view it more like a fake security (sounds the same to you sounds different to me =]). Or maybe I did develop a small man complex idrfk. Cause when I had to serve time, I gave lots of big guys attitude when they tried to push their weight around, and naturally I got my ass kicked most of the time. But I also learned to fight pretty well due to this (imo). My real advantage is my ability to take a serious and I mean serious beating while still fighting as dirty as I possibly can. The harder you punch, the harder I will bite at your nose/ear/fingers.

I think that is why we have never got along. You view my tough guy attitude as a sign of disrespect just cause I'm small and you expect otherwise, maybe it makes you feel small cause a small guy isn't afraid of you and doesn't kiss your ass. But you can't get mad at me for it if you understood how many beatings I had to take just to earn confidence in myself. People are the way they are.

If you want me to stop fvckn around I don't really care its not a big deal. I keep coming back here because I feel I deserve an explanation. I show'd you nothing but respect on the day I was banned and you had it out for me over slimmerme which provoked me to call you out in that moderator thread and you don't see that. You saw one incident than another, not seeing they were all tied together directly. I did not randomly mosey on into that thread and think "oh heres marcus let me fvck with him cause I have nothing better to do". You know you had cracked a height joke a few days earlier and I did not know why untill I find out slimmerme went and told you about the family thing.

But the thing you DO NOT understand, is still till this day I have no idea what I ever said to slimmerme. No I do not use drugs & I have been clean for 10 years. But I am on cozaar which causes short term memory loss and sometimes rebound blood pressure that irritates me. She pm'd me one day telling me she didn't appreciate me talking about her family. I was completely dumbfounded and offended by the idea that I said something so ignorant/hurtful w/out remembering it. I simply responded something like "I have no idea why I would even say anything about your family, can you please copy it for me?"

I THOUGHT I was nice about it. She apparently pulled some high and mighty shit and tattled to you w/out even considering the possibility I would have gladly apologized had I said something like that. All I want to know is what I said, and I will leave you alone. If you *really* want to stop the games, you have to know what I said, I know she told you, and if you can tell me specifically, I will leave and never come back.

I am an asshole sometimes yes but I don't think I'm better than anyone. The fact is if I hurt someones feelings I feel bad as fvck about it and I will obsess about it. Neither you or slim ever even tried to talk to me about it. And thats why I keep coming back. You want honesty there you fvckn go.

The banning wasn't anything to do with slimmerme, it was complaints about your behaviour from many members going back for months and some were even from your friends. I didn't ban you because I can't ban members only Admin can do that, Admin also doesn't do that without reason and evidence.

I can cause your problems but in all honesty I dont want to do that and I know you can keep coming back here and trolling but you have to drop this obsession with your banning and move on with your life. I know you may think you know who I am but the name on facebook is made up and the name you have what some member gave you is my friends who I use for all my contacts. I would rather you drop this obsession with me and slimmer and get on with your life. Your banned from here because of your behaviour there's no conspiracy.

Please move on before things get worse.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries

hahaha, this had me lol

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    i rem mine going out for a week about (rem the really bad gale force winds in ireland/UK around 5yrs ago over xmas and Boxing day?) when i lived in n ireland mate, had to travel to my aunts house just to shower, was a right royal pain
    Last edited by dec11; 08-29-2011 at 08:54 PM.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    hahaha, this had me lol
    Me too.

OK ENOUGH ALREADY! Marcus it's obvious Bo is madly in love with you, so you two just get a room already and you can treat him with some spotted English dick.......

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Do they live on top of a fvcking mountain!? I lost power for 5 days..... tons of homes within 20 miles of me were destroyed from flooding in their basements. Whole towns are under water..... the bridgewater mall was completely under water..... route 287 collapsed from the rush of the river under it..... every bridge in paterson was shut down..... my mother was taken in to work by the Army National Guard..... the red cross disaster relief is driving from town to town offering hot meals......

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

My mom isnt far from you and said it was nothing.
    I saw paterson now. Its a disaster. Good thing i moved i would have been flooded out if i was still in Fair Lawn i lived a block from the river

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Do they live on top of a fvcking mountain!? I lost power for 5 days..... tons of homes within 20 miles of me were destroyed from flooding in their basements. Whole towns are under water..... the bridgewater mall was completely under water..... route 287 collapsed from the rush of the river under it..... every bridge in paterson was shut down..... my mother was taken in to work by the Army National Guard..... the red cross disaster relief is driving from town to town offering hot meals......

~Haz~
    sounds all too familiar. hope yall get that settled soon or start preparing for the next one because it is coming, and looks bigger than the first one. suggestion, generators and window A/C units!

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    sounds all too familiar. hope yall get that settled soon or start preparing for the next one because it is coming, and looks bigger than the first one. suggestion, generators and window A/C units!
    Semi funny story here.....

My dad wanted to buy a generator..... so he starts look 2 days before the storm and every store was sold out. So I helped him look and between the two of us..... we found one. So he spends $1000 on one big enough to run the sump pump, the fridge/freezer, and the AC. So the storm comes..... his power never went out but his sump pump broke! He was so fvckin pissed lol! He ran out to home depot and got the last sump pump on the shelf.

~Haz~

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

My mom isnt far from you and said it was nothing.
    I saw paterson now. Its a disaster. Good thing i moved i would have been flooded out if i was still in Fair Lawn i lived a block from the river
    The storm didn't seem bad at the moment but as I drove around I saw all the damage. That whole area down by fairlawn is a disaster..... pompton plains, wayne, lyndhurst..... all flooded. The Passaic and Raritan rivers broke records..... it's nuts. I feel bad for the people that live there..... the problem is - once an area is developed.... you can't really undevelope it. So people will always move in there even though they're likely to be flooded out less than every 8 years.....

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information