Canadream is offline Associate Member

Let Us Not Forget 911 :(

http://attacked911.tripod.com/

Manteca is offline New Member
    Can't and won't. 10 years later, ugh.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    x2. I could never forget it - I watched it all go down that morning, in person.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Never will forget. EVER~
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    x2. I could never forget it - I watched it all go down that morning, in person.
    same thing. I went an watched from across the river

TJsurgRehab22 is offline Junior Member
    still remember exactly where i was that morning, it's unreal that it's already been 10 years

charcold is offline Associate Member
    a&e or somebody is doing a show over it saturday which looked really good. At like 8 central time. The trailer pulled me into it pretty good the other day, as well as a&e usually keeps it pretty real with their shows.
    Last edited by charcold; 09-09-2011 at 04:32 AM.

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    nothing makes me cry more then watching the people jump to their death as the tower crumbles..heart wrenching

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I will never forget it.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Lest we forget

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    same thing. I went an watched from across the river
    I was on my way into the city to do a job... we were sitting in the usual morning traffic going into the Lincoln Tunnel... listening to Stern.... and suddenly, BOOM - like, wtf just happened? And listening to the play by play on Stern while watching the shit go down was amazing - not in a good way of course... we were totally dumbfounded. Sad day indeed...

crazy_rocks is offline Senior Member
    must have been crazy to see it in person. this astronaut saw it from space.

http://news.yahoo.com/astronaut-in-s...e-of-9-11.html

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Amen....

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    i remember my 6 year old (at the time) being sent home early from school....
    ....friday (he's sixteen now) he came home talking all about that day and what he learned in classes about the firefighters struggles and pleads for help from the gov in the begining... how the "actual/victoms/lost family members" memorial has now been relocated to a tiny office room in some random gov building.
    He was less than impresed with how things were/are handled. Its interresting to see him passionate about something that didnt actualy effect him directly/ he doesnt remember the day. It made me see clearly that if a sarcastic self absorbed teenager can be so effected by an event that didnt involve him:
    The american spirit is alive and well, what ever differences we all have~ we are sympathetic, supportive and take it personaly when others are hurt.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I think we should also remember all the people who helped. The same people who are still here today but have multi health problems from breathing in the toxic air. The same people who get denied from their insurance companies and can't get help. I love how that is sweep under the carpet. Firefighters, police, communication techs and hundred of "regular" citizens spent days, weeks, even months helping and how are they rewarded for their work? Lung cancer and denied medical help.

How they (insurance) companies get away with this in a horrible situation like this is beyond my thinking.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    I think we should also remember all the people who helped. The same people who are still here today but have multi health problems from breathing in the toxic air. The same people who get denied from their insurance companies and can't get help. I love how that is sweep under the carpet. Firefighters, police, communication techs and hundred of "regular" citizens spent days, weeks, even months helping and how are they rewarded for their work? Lung cancer and denied medical help.

How they (insurance) companies get away with this in a horrible situation like this is beyond my thinking.

The free market at work, just the way the Tea Party likes it. I am thankful everyday that my family and I no longer live in the USA, a country where both the government and private sector can treat its bravest citizens so poorly.

RIP to those who lost their lives that day. And to the brave American citizens who put their lives on the line that day and in the years following to help their fellow countrymen, keep fighting the good fight and don't let your government and corporations punish you for helping your neighbour. You deserve better.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I was on my way into the city to do a job... we were sitting in the usual morning traffic going into the Lincoln Tunnel... listening to Stern.... and suddenly, BOOM - like, wtf just happened? And listening to the play by play on Stern while watching the shit go down was amazing - not in a good way of course... we were totally dumbfounded. Sad day indeed...
    I was a trainer at the Atlantic Club at the time. I lost 2 clients and we lost alot of members.

I was in in Hoboken when it happened.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I remember being in town shopping, and I saw every TV was of New York and my first thought was there had been a nuclear attack. I rushed home, switched on BBC NEWS and saw the second plane hit, live.

I was in total shock. I'd never seen anything like it. People jumping to their deaths to escape a burning room. I think I was at Ground Zero a year later as I was travelling round the world at the time, and just happen to be in NY on the September. Very sombre atmosphere.

10 years already..

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    I just started Secdondary school weater was shit in ireland at the time. Was raining all day first week back in school no mood for it. Sitting on the bus home and heard it on the news but didn't really believe it till I came home and we just got Sky Tv at the time and the old man turned on the TV and we saw the footage it was sickening to see even when you are half way across the world was mad.

RIP to all these who have lost their lives and as DSM said to the people who have major health problems from helping out. And for his reason is why I could never live in the US

i was at benning and someone someone told me the pentagon was blown up. i went into a nearby building to see it on the tv but reception sucked. everyone heard something happened. i went to the place i was staying and was thinking it was a terrorist attack. after awhile i saw the 2nd plane hit as it happened.

many seconds after that 2nd plane hit all the news reporters were silent. they couldnt believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    I was a trainer at the Atlantic Club at the time. I lost 2 clients and we lost alot of members.

I was in in Hoboken when it happened.
    Helluva view from Hoboken man...

Watching these specials really piss me off again abou the whole thing

charcold is offline Associate Member
    I cant imagine how it would feel to be able to actually see and smell the smoke from the actual event. Im sure it becomes a lot more "real" than watching it on TV, thousands of miles away.

It weird how fast Bin laden was brought up into the whole thing. Like 3 hours after the attacks occurred. I would also recommend watching "killling bin laden" on the history channel for anyone that hasn't seen it. Rather entertaining on the details of how they found and killed him.

it was almost unreal watching it happen.
    And scary for the fact you know people who work in the buildings.
    My cousins are firemen in NJ and went and helped.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    i rem working from home with a small portable on the desk, news flashed up about a plane hitting one of the towers and i was like 'holy fvck'!!!' what a terrible accident'!!! then i just dropped my jaw when the 2nd collision came in and things became apparent.

my wife- to- be had been in the towers the day before.

it was like something out of a die hard movie

Quote Originally Posted by charcold View Post
    I cant imagine how it would feel to be able to actually see and smell the smoke from the actual event. Im sure it becomes a lot more "real" than watching it on TV, thousands of miles away.

It weird how fast Bin laden was brought up into the whole thing. Like 3 hours after the attacks occurred. I would also recommend watching "killling bin laden" on the history channel for anyone that hasn't seen it. Rather entertaining on the details of how they found and killed him.
    he was still fresh on our minds. he attacked the trade center once before and was also responsible for other more recent attacks. it was not long before 2001 that we were searching for him.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I was on my way to work in down town Seattle. I worked in one of the sky scrapers. After the 2nd hit I turned around to pick up my daughter from school and go to my moms. I also immediatly called a friend who was at a business meeting and stayed the night in the city. I woke him after 3 calls, told him to turn on the TV then get out of the city. No one knew if there were more targets or not. Ill never forget it.

Future generations it wont be as meaningful to but hopefully they will build a deserving monument such as in Hawaii Pearl Harbor. I have visited it and it's moving.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    I was 13 and as such just remember seeing it happen. There was kinda a disconnect from it. I didn't feel any danger, more like curiosity. RIP to everyone who lost their life that day.

i just read the the NY Mets wanted to wear a different hat during thier game last night. I was going to have a logo for the NY Emergency Responders and the baseball commissioner said no.

Thread Information