Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member

Anyone ever read "The girl who played with fire"?

....almost finished, and the heroine reminds me of someone here on the board.

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    Yes I've read all three but I'm new to this board so no idea who you would be referring to. Good series though.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    I saw all three of the movies, my gf read the first book. She said the books were better. As is usually the case, the movies get harder to watch (as in not as good) as the series goes on.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I have been thinking about reading them. I saw the first movie and have been waiting to watch the other two until my wife sees the first one. Interested to see how the American version compares. I read they left some of the brutality out.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    I have been thinking about reading them. I saw the first movie and have been waiting to watch the other two until my wife sees the first one. Interested to see how the American version compares. I read they left some of the brutality out.
    I didn't know there were different versions. The films I saw all were in Swedish.

EDIT: Ah ok...an American version came out this year. I didn't see that one. They have all the original versions on Netflix.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Yes, I am watching the Swedish versions. The American version is about to come out.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    The movies were good.

I tried watching the Swedish version (in english). I got about 10 minutes into it and i had to stop.

The book is well written, full of detail, with a good plot. Never would have guessed how it ended. But it was slow in the beginning. and it was hard to follow. Each character had two or three names the author used interchangeably, and the names are very similar, so it was difficult (for me) to keep track of who he was referring to. I give the book about a 7/10.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    I dont read fiction

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I dont read. ADD sucks. I get to the 2nd page and realize I have no idea what the first page says sine Im thinking about something else. I have only really read a couple books/series. For some reason I was able to make it through Anne McCaffrey word of pern books. I have done a few books on tape such as Piers Anthony Mode series. I still need to finish the last one, latest edition. Thanks for reminding me.

I've been devouring books for the past few months. one very two or three days. just finished the Lee Child Book (Reacher Series) called Trip Wire. Not too shabby

and yeah, i've got a touch of the ADD too. they have meds for that though...........

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I've been devouring books for the past few months. one very two or three days. just finished the Lee Child Book (Reacher Series) called Trip Wire. Not too shabby

and yeah, i've got a touch of the ADD too. they have meds for that though...........
    What do you take? I have just recently started trying Vyvance but??? It has a nice little pick me up when taken with a couple cups of coffee and I notice a little better concentration but nothing great. Reading is my worse part of ADD along with starting 100 different project and finishing none but I have curved that one for the most part over the years.

i've been taking meds for it since the 2nd grade. pm me and i will tell you

Thread Information