Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member

Libyan Dictator Moammar Gadhafi Is Dead

I think maybe the age of the dictator is quickly coming to an end. Kim Jong Il.... watch out!

http://news.yahoo.com/libyan-dictato...122438217.html

.Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi, the most wanted man in the world, has been killed, Libyan Prime Minister Mahmoud Jibril said today.

The flamboyant tyrant who terrorized his country and much of the world during his 42 years of despotic rule was reportedly cornered by insurgents in the town of Sirte, where Gadhafi had been born and a stronghold of his supporters.

"We have been waiting for this moment for a long time. Moammar Gadhafi has been killed," Jibril said at a news conference in Tripoli.

He added that the rebel government will wait until later today or Friday to officially declare what it calls a state of liberation.

The National Transition Council earlier today said that its fighters found and shot Gadhafi in Sirte, which finally fell to the rebels today after weeks of tough fighting. Rebels now control the entire country.

Word of Gadhafi's death triggered celebrations in the streets of Tripoli with insurgent fighters waving their weapons and dancing jubilantly.

The White House and NATO said they were unable to confirm reports of his death.

Al Jazeera aired video of what appeared to be the dead leader, which showed Gadhafi lying in a pool of blood in the street, shirtless, and surrounded by people.

Libya's Information Minister Mahmoud Shammam told the Associated Press that Gadhafi was in a convoy when he was attacked by rebels.

NATO said that its jet fighters struck a convoy of Gadhafi's loyalists fleeing Sirte this morning, but could not confirm that Gadhafi was in the convoy, the Associated Press reported.

Warning: Graphic Photo of an Injured Gadhafi

Gadhafi had been on the run for weeks after being chased out of the capital Tripoli by NATO bombers and rebel troops.

He had been believed to be hiding in the vast Libyan desert while calling on his supporters to rise up and sweep the rebel "dogs" away, but his once fearsome power was scoffed at by Libyans who had ransacked his palace compound and hounded him into hiding.

Gadhafi, 69, ruled Libya with an iron fist for almost 42 years. He seized control of Libya in Sept., 1969 in a bloodless coup when he was just 27 years old. The then young and dashing army captain and his small band of military officers overthrew the monarch King Idris, setting up a new Libyan Arab Republic that over the years became increasingly isolated from the rest of the world.

Gadhafi took over the top spot as the world's most wanted man after Osama bin Laden was killed by U.S. troops in Pakistan.

At the height of his ability to threaten terrorism, President Ronald Reagan dubbed Gadhafi the "mad dog of the Middle East."

He was accused of backing the 1986 bombing of a Berlin disco popular with American soldiers, reportedly funding the hijacking of the cruise ship Achille Lauro in 1985, and the 1988 bombing of Pan Am Flight 103, which resulted in the U.N. and United States imposing sanctions on Libya.

For years, Gadhafi refused to take responsibility for the bombing, but that changed in 2003 when he acknowledged his role and tried to make amends.

The eccentric leader, who amassed power and wealth by controlling the nation's oil industry, held the title of being the longest-serving leader in Africa and the Arab world.

Over the years, Gadhafi earned an international reputation for his outlandish apparel and much-ridiculed phobias and proclivities.

In U.S. diplomatic cables recently released by WikiLeaks, Gadhafi was described as a "mercurial and eccentric figure who suffers from severe phobias, enjoys flamenco dancing and horse racing, acts on whims and irritates friends and enemies alike."

He was "obsessively dependent on a small core of trusted personnel," especially his longtime Ukrainian nurse Galyna, who has been described as a "voluptuous blonde," according to the cables.

Among his other unusual behaviors, the Libyan leader reportedly feared flying over water, didn't like staying on upper floors and traveled with a "pistol packing' posse" of female bodyguards.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i have heard from killed to captured but they are all saying it cant be confirmed

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Yeah they said Osama Bin Laden is dead too but he was seen yet again in New Jersey....

fock him, tomorrow i'll still get up and go to work, maybe hit the gym, eat some pie. My life will go on just the same.
    For them it'll be the same. We can all see what democracy looks like in afghanistan, iraq, egipt etc. They'll still shoot at each other like savages.
    The only change will be for you americans, when you'll steal the petrol and get cheaper prices at the gas-station
    That's why i plan on moving to USA in about 1 year, cause you people steal everything on this planet, might as well go where the resources are going.

Go team USA, as long as i'm in the same boat

Last edited by JimmySidewalk; 10-20-2011 at 11:30 AM.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    another one bites the dust. the thing is, how is that country ever going to have any infrastructure after this.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmySidewalk View Post
    fock him, tomorrow i'll still get up and go to work, maybe hit the gym, eat some pie. My life will go on just the same.
    For them it'll be the same. We can all see what democracy looks like in afghanistan, iraq, egipt etc. They'll still shoot at each other like savages.
    The only change will be for you americans, when you'll steal the petrol and get cheaper prices at the gas-station
    That's why i plan on moving to USA in about 1 year, cause you people steal everything on this planet, might as well go where the resources are going.

Go team USA, as long as i'm in the same boat
    And as long as that boat isn't titled "The Titanic"

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    another one bites the dust. the thing is, how is that country ever going to have any infrastructure after this.
    That's easy to answer. We send over billions to remake their country and fix it up all better than it was before. So far we've spent 4.25 trillion on rebuilding Iraq. Why do you think those countries all love us when the US comes to invade? There is a list a mile long of countries begging us to invade them. lol We are the only country in history to go to war with a country and then when we win, spends tons of tax payer dollars rebuilding it better than it ever was. What other conquering country does that? All the other conquerers invade a country and take all the spoils and leave it devasted and ravaged, raped and pillaged. Granted we weren't at war with them but we will still be involved in rebuilding.

Yeah all the leaders of the world are like "yes yes, please come invade my shiit"

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    The rebels were backed by Al Quada... a fact rarely reported in western media. Look for Muslim extremism to rise in Libya, as it has in Iraq. Gadhafi and Hussein did not allow Al Quada into their countries, now watch as they flourish, again as in Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post
    The rebels were backed by Al Quada... a fact rarely reported in western media. Look for Muslim extremism to rise in Libya, as it has in Iraq. Gadhafi and Hussein did not allow Al Quada into their countries, now watch as they flourish, again as in Iraq.
    You're probably right. Sodamn Insane of Iraq kept Iran in check and since he was killed Iran has no one to stop them in that area. Plus with Pakistan now the 4th largest nuclear power all thanks to American billions to purchase all necessary materials, no wait that money to them was to keep them our friends, and with friends like them who needs enemas. we have the makings of a real mess. All IMO

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    so you are saying the enemy we know is better than the devil we don't?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    As they say keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    That's easy to answer. We send over billions to remake their country and fix it up all better than it was before. So far we've spent 4.25 trillion on rebuilding Iraq. Why do you think those countries all love us when the US comes to invade? There is a list a mile long of countries begging us to invade them. lol We are the only country in history to go to war with a country and then when we win, spends tons of tax payer dollars rebuilding it better than it ever was. What other conquering country does that? All the other conquerers invade a country and take all the spoils and leave it devasted and ravaged, raped and pillaged. Granted we weren't at war with them but we will still be involved in rebuilding.
    The thing is Sholva, Ghadaffi has always been unhinged. One of his unhinged, crackpot ideas was spending billions on infrastructure to move water in underground wells in the desert to Libya, and the crazy thing is, it worked, and it changed much of the countries agriculture nearly over night, for the better in the early 80's.

No, the reason the likes of the UK and France were there (with America soon decending to pick at the scraps) was to get the oil and get the water (converted into virtual water) that country has.

You are deluded if you think the West willingly wants to rebuild anything. They only do that, when there is something much more bankable for them.

EDIT: Obama and Cameron have proved to be every bit as war mongering as their predecesors, Bush and Blair ever were.

EDIT II: Sorry! What the West should do now, if their cause truly is noble, is fvck off. But they wont. And you'll have all sorts of terrorist cells popping up. I mean look at Egypt for ****s sake. They managed to overthrow a dictatorship and they did it all without us! Fancy that!
    Last edited by Flagg; 10-21-2011 at 02:55 AM.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    The thing is Sholva, Ghadaffi has always been unhinged. One of his unhinged, crackpot ideas was spending billions on infrastructure to move water in underground wells in the desert to Libya, and the crazy thing is, it worked, and it changed much of the countries agriculture nearly over night, for the better in the early 80's.

No, the reason the likes of the UK and France were there (with America soon decending to pick at the scraps) was to get the oil and get the water (converted into virtual water) that country has.

You are deluded if you think the West willingly wants to rebuild anything. They only do that, when there is something much more bankable for them.

EDIT: Obama and Cameron have proved to be every bit as war mongering as their predecesors, Bush and Blair ever were.

EDIT II: Sorry! What the West should do now, if their cause truly is noble, is fvck off. But they wont. And you'll have all sorts of terrorist cells popping up. I mean look at Egypt for ****s sake. They managed to overthrow a dictatorship and they did it all without us! Fancy that!
    And look at them now, Muslims slaughtering Christians....
    Do not ask me for a source check.

Most of the Middle East and Africa are just backward savages.

I suggest you guys watch this video before it is removed from YouTube.

It's basically Gadhafi being beaten, stoned, pistol whipped. Seriously, is this all those people know over there? Wow, I bet the rebels that captured him are going to make a great and peaceful, democratic society.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    i cant believe how all the heads of state are declaring 'its a new dawn for Libya, hurrah' then images of 10yr olds holding fvcking assault rifles flashes up on the screen, oh yeah, thats really stable

no offence to ordinary decent ppl from america, but your government are greedy b@stards who have a big hand in everything and britain tags along in their coat tails thinking they're Del Boy 'cushty'. next step, united fvcking states of europe.

invade/meddle with countries = expect consequences (has britain ever learned this?). solution? stay the fvck out!!!

That video is not what it seems. You see no moe kadaffi he has this equilibrium problem and falls constantly so in that video he was always falling down against the rebels fists and butt of the guns. They at no time struck him. He did it all to himself. I counted him falling 214 times against the butts of the gun and fists just in that clip alone....Those rebels treated him well allah be praised! And as far as the blood on him well at the same time he was falling the rebels were butchering a goat and it was just blood from the goat that was on him. This would be a story that you would probably read in al jazeera. lol

scorpion62 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Most of the Middle East and Africa are just backward savages.
    A lot of these so called backward savages have kick alot of ass at some point mate

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    i cant believe how all the heads of state are declaring 'its a new dawn for Libya, hurrah' then images of 10yr olds holding fvcking assault rifles flashes up on the screen, oh yeah, thats really stable

no offence to ordinary decent ppl from america, but your government are greedy b@stards who have a big hand in everything and britain tags along in their coat tails thinking they're Del Boy 'cushty'. next step, united fvcking states of europe.

invade/meddle with countries = expect consequences (has britain ever learned this?). solution? stay the fvck out!!!
    Agreed but then again what GOVERNMENT isnt a bunch of greedy bastards and are in it for themselves. It's typically not a reflection on the people of the country though or how they feel about things such as most of us in the US. Lets face it, there is a lot of influence in government that is also not from within or from their own country meaning there are other people running things, pulling the strings and being greedy that may not in in/from the US, UK or wherever.

Unfortunately the more I read international news and speak to people from other countries the more it seems to be the same old story everywhere.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Agreed but then again what GOVERNMENT isnt a bunch of greedy bastards and are in it for themselves. It's typically not a reflection on the people of the country though or how they feel about things such as most of us in the US. Lets face it, there is a lot of influence in government that is also not from within or from their own country meaning there are other people running things, pulling the strings and being greedy that may not in in/from the US, UK or wherever.

Unfortunately the more I read international news and speak to people from other countries the more it seems to be the same old story everywhere.
    how bush ever got to the white house baffles me never mind a 2nd term, he was an absolute fvcking moron with some shady dealing to his discredit

how bush ever got to the white house baffles me never mind a 2nd term, he was an absolute fvcking moron with some shady dealing to his discredit
    Just like most of the presidents, it has nothing to do with majority rules. Out voting system is so fvcked up. One person gets to decide what the state votes and there is a certain number of votes/points given to that state and it has nothing to do with what the masses want. The reginal votes are just as bad. We had a very crooked governor who lost her 2nd term a few years back but asked for a recount. 2nd time she still lost but it was closer. She asked for a 2nd recount. This time it was almost tied but she still lost. She asked for a 3rd recount and she won by a couple hundred votes and she declared victory and since she was acting governor declared no more recounts. WTF??? She has blatantly spent/wasted/misappropriated millions if not more one one simple road project. How do these people stay in office. Obviously it's because of money, power and they are willing to do what the puppet master wants.

Oh there are stories of dirty dealings down in Texas on that. Even on how he became governor of Texas knocking out Ann Richards. He pulled some pretty low life things to get into office from those stories that went around. And I believe he was the first American President who had done cocaine, as Bill only admitted to pot. But who knows for sure. In politics the truth is always the first casualty.

Blog Entries
    countries have problems, grant it. what gives the US and Britain the right to jump in?

let them sort it out themselves and come what may. but no, America and Britain have to rule supreme and strangle hold to ensure the coffers are topped up.

there has been and will be days of reckoning
    Last edited by dec11; 10-22-2011 at 11:00 PM.

Sometimes I feel that way as well but in truth we don't know what is going on only what we hear. But I understand another country wanting to step in when a country starts genocide on it's own people. Most countries with power, US and Britain are the ones who can jump in and try to stop the insanity and feel moral responsible for trying to stop it. A lot of the times it turns on us before we can get out of that country but we start off with good intentions usually I think. Well I hope.

Blog Entries
    Sometimes I feel that way as well but in truth we don't know what is going on only what we hear. But I understand another country wanting to step in when a country starts genocide on it's own people. Most countries with power, US and Britain are the ones who can jump in and try to stop the insanity and feel moral responsible for trying to stop it. A lot of the times it turns on us before we can get out of that country but we start off with good intentions usually I think. Well I hope.
    ie, 'live the way we live' thats going to piss countries off and ordinary ppl on each 'side' have paid the price, not the puppet masters......
    Last edited by dec11; 10-22-2011 at 11:15 PM.

Yeah I wish we would mind our own business most of the time and stop trying to turn everyone else into a clone of the US/Brittan or whoever. I like a variety or different cultures, beliefs and morals. Variety is good.

This is what we get for interfering.
    Afghanistan would support Pakistan should there be military conflict between Pakistan and the United States, Afghan President Hamid Karzai said in an interview with a Pakistani TV.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Yeah I wish we would mind our own business most of the time and stop trying to turn everyone else into a clone of the US/Brittan or whoever. I like a variety or different cultures, beliefs and morals. Variety is good.

This is what we get for interfering.
    Afghanistan would support Pakistan should there be military conflict between Pakistan and the United States, Afghan President Hamid Karzai said in an interview with a Pakistani TV.
    yeah man, i can faintly remember countries holding a mystic difference from 'the west' as a child, now every where just seems monopolised and diluted.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Like I said, watch Muslim extremism to rise in Libya... Sharia Law is coming back, women will now be severely oppressed in Libya.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/ar...oms-over-libya

Thread Information