SufferToReturnHarder is offline Associate Member

Angry Tattoos and Bodybuilding

When I was younger, I did everything your parents told you not too do. I mean everything. The dumbest decision(s) I have ever made were some of my tattoo choices. I did a few of them to be funny, and they were, when I was 18..Now, I hate and totally regret them. I want to compete, but are these tattoos going to really effect me? My whole chest is covered, upper back, my feet, and I have a few stupid small ones right above my pubic region..Not to mention the ladybug sitting on a flower on my upper thigh..Haha, I know it sounds absolutely ridiculous, but it's true. Can I compete with these stupid things?

scorpion62 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yes you can compete theirs stuff you can get to hide your tattoos plus you will have your tan on . I have seen loads of guys on the stage with tattoos however I have not seen any pros with tattoos

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SufferToReturnHarder View Post
    When I was younger, I did everything your parents told you not too do. I mean everything. The dumbest decision(s) I have ever made were some of my tattoo choices. I did a few of them to be funny, and they were, when I was 18..Now, I hate and totally regret them. I want to compete, but are these tattoos going to really effect me? My whole chest is covered, upper back, my feet, and I have a few stupid small ones right above my pubic region..Not to mention the ladybug sitting on a flower on my upper thigh..Haha, I know it sounds absolutely ridiculous, but it's true. Can I compete with these stupid things?
    of course you can

Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    You can compete....and cover....yet; here's the draw back.

If you can still see on stage...and they cover a significant amount of skin; it MAY hinder. Nothing on you; but as a judge they want to see your physique and its difficult to critique with a tattoo that's distracting and keeping you from attaining a much better deserved score.

As some say it doesn't matter...it shouldn't; but to an extend it does.

Just think of lee priest. Son of a witch is covered in them, didnt seem to bother him

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion62 View Post
    Yes you can compete theirs stuff you can get to hide your tattoos plus you will have your tan on . I have seen loads of guys on the stage with tattoos however I have not seen any pros with tattoos
    Loads of pro's have tats bro

Haha well this is all good to know, I wouldn't be as concerned if they weren't so silly and dumb looking.. Judges are going to be like, "wtf is wrong with this weirdo" haha

Blog Entries
    Haha well this is all good to know, I wouldn't be as concerned if they weren't so silly and dumb looking.. Judges are going to be like, "wtf is wrong with this weirdo" haha
    if your ripped to bits and loads of tan/shine on they wont stand out

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawigirl View Post
    You can compete....and cover....yet; here's the draw back.

If you can still see on stage...and they cover a significant amount of skin; it MAY hinder. Nothing on you; but as a judge they want to see your physique and its difficult to critique with a tattoo that's distracting and keeping you from attaining a much better deserved score.

As some say it doesn't matter...it shouldn't; but to an extend it does.
    agree. however, he did mention some of em were stupid. Not sure how much of a distraction it could be? Taking it to an extreme, can you imagine a giant mickey mouse on a dude's chest flipping you the bird? Or a giant swa stikka? So I would say it would really depend on how tasteful the tatts, or if they are just there to piss you off.

my .02

3863 is offline Junior Member
    You can hardly see them at all with cut and tanned up.

Look at pics of Dorian Yates. He had tatts on both arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    agree. however, he did mention some of em were stupid. Not sure how much of a distraction it could be? Taking it to an extreme, can you imagine a giant mickey mouse on a dude's chest flipping you the bird? Or a giant swa stikka? So I would say it would really depend on how tasteful the tatts, or if they are just there to piss you off.

my .02
    Good point. Most of the larger ones aren't stupid, and I actual thought about them before I got them. It just just the smaller ones..Ladybugs, ninja turtles, a fat lady outline..Just plain stupid crap. I wish I listened to my parents=)

Blog Entries
    Good point. Most of the larger ones aren't stupid, and I actual thought about them before I got them. It just just the smaller ones..Ladybugs, ninja turtles, a fat lady outline..Just plain stupid crap. I wish I listened to my parents=)
    now, i like my tatts but what possessed you? lol

My friends just daring me, haha..I don't drink or smoke, so I wasn't drunk or anything..I just liked having fun and making people laugh. Man did I go overboard.I never thought I'd want to compete as a bodybuilder when I was younger, so I didnt really care what I did to my body. I was a dumb little skate punk haha

I was going to get a portrait of my best friends face on my ass..Thank god I thought hard about that one hahaa.

Blog Entries
    I was going to get a portrait of my best friends face on my ass..Thank god I thought hard about that one hahaa.
    lmao. i once saw one of a rabbit disappearing between someones ass cheeks and into the ass crack, being chased by a fox down the guy's back. pretty crazy

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    lmao. i once saw one of a rabbit disappearing between someones ass cheeks and into the ass crack, being chased by a fox down the guy's back. pretty crazy
    Hahaaaa

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    we all did dumb sh1t, or i should say I did dumb sh1t when I was younger. Jump off buildings, eating big bugs, gut punching contests, dart catching attempts, yadda yadda yadda....

....it's just yours doesn't go away the next day! =)

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    we all did dumb sh1t, or i should say I did dumb sh1t when I was younger. Jump off buildings, eating big bugs, gut punching contests, dart catching attempts, yadda yadda yadda....

....it's just yours doesn't go away the next day! =)
    OMG the good old days. Wait, Hmmm I guess I really wasn't all that young, just dumb.

Ahhh yes the days when jumping off a 10ft wall or off the roof of a house was not big thing but now I worry about jumping off anything over 12" due to my back. getting old and injured sucks.

Thread Information