kif
    kif is offline Member

Tore bicep tendon

Ive been having some elbow problems the past few months, I figured it was just tennis elbow, last week the pain got real bad, had an MRI the results are a tore bicep tendon at the elbow. This really sucks because I just got back in the gym after a few years off do to a major leg injury. When I started back in the gym this past winter I weighted 207 23% BF, today I weigh 212 14% BF. now I'm screwed again. Anyone ever have this injury before that can share there experiance with me. The Doctor told me I will be in a cast for 4-6 weeks and it will be 4-6 months before I can hit the gym full go. Just wondering what the time frame was for someone that went threw this. Also for my diet what do you guys think would be best, I was in the middle of a cutting cycle that I just cut short obviously, should I stay with the cutting diet during my recovery. Thanks

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    unlucky mate, tough ride.

just work on your cardio and bf, and a bit of leg work like leg press, hams and quads.

its shit being out injured but the time will pass, dont be tempted to start back too early.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    unlucky mate, tough ride.

just work on your cardio and bf, and a bit of leg work like leg press, hams and quads.

its shit being out injured but the time will pass, dont be tempted to start back too early.
    20000% agree. Nothing heals without rest.

kif
    kif is offline Member
    Thanks guys, yea rest it is. Especially since I can't even lift a glass of water lol. Last time I had an injury I let myself go to shit, won't happen again diet cardio and legs the next few months.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kif View Post
    Thanks guys, yea rest it is. Especially since I can't even lift a glass of water lol. Last time I had an injury I let myself go to shit, won't happen again diet cardio and legs the next few months.
    when i did my rotator cuff i hit the cardio full on and lost alot of bf. incidentally, i havent let this fully recover due to not holding back and a year later im still 1 step forward and 2 back dont make the same mistake, and its time i took my own advice lol

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    That sucks, sorry to hear about the problems. What cycle are you on? You know that some ass play havoc on the tendons, dry them out and that may have been part of the problem leading to the damage.

kif
    kif is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    when i did my rotator cuff i hit the cardio full on and lost alot of bf. incidentally, i havent let this fully recover due to not holding back and a year later im still 1 step forward and 2 back dont make the same mistake, and its time i took my own advice lol
    dec that's one thing I don't want to do is make this a permanent injury because I rush back to soon

kif
    kif is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    That sucks, sorry to hear about the problems. What cycle are you on? You know that some ass play havoc on the tendons, dry them out and that may have been part of the problem leading to the damage.
    I'm on TRT 200mg test EW plus I was running Tren A 100mg EOD. First time I've ever run Tren I was wondering if it was part of the problem, but elbow has been hurting before I started the Tren. I do think with the strength increase of the Tren was the final nail in the coffin. Live and learn, should have rested the elbow before the Tren cycle.

The Situation is offline Associate Member
    Ouch

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kif View Post
    I'm on TRT 200mg test EW plus I was running Tren A 100mg EOD. First time I've ever run Tren I was wondering if it was part of the problem, but elbow has been hurting before I started the Tren. I do think with the strength increase of the Tren was the final nail in the coffin. Live and learn, should have rested the elbow before the Tren cycle.
    thats quite possible mate.

im not touching chest or shoulder work for at least a month now and will re-evaluate then.

time to get legs back up to speed after breaking my toe twice in 10wks

BuffBuffalo is offline Senior Member
    That sucks man. Any idea how you originally injured it?

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Hope you have a speedy and safe recovery. Always sucks to get injured.

Thread Information