Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member

Biker killed after collision with taxi

Even though the biker was doing 192 bazzillion miles per hour when he T-boned the Taxi, had he only been wearing his DOT approved helmet.............

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...-rss&FEEDNAME=

A motorcyclist was killed today after his bike collided with a taxi in Hell’s Kitchen, authorities said.

The driver, aboard a Kawasaki, slammed into the driver's side of the taxi at 2:10 p.m. at the corner of West 44th Street and 11th Avenue.

Video of rescue workers attempting to save the motorcyclist’s life was first posted on www.AnimalNewYork.com.

The biker was pronounced dead at St. Luke’s Hospital.

The taxi driver remained at the scene and no criminality was suspected, police said.

The Situation is offline Associate Member
    Wow sad story.. God bless his family.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Always sad to hear. I have gone down a few times, but only had one serious accident on my bike. I got a lot of road rash, a concussion, lost a few hours of memory (they never came back) and had huge gouges out of the palms of my hands- but came out fine. Well, it is probably what caused my back issues later in life, but I was fine at the time. The EMT told me that my helmet saved my life. Nevada has a helmet law, but I would have worn mine anyway. My dad always made me wear a helmet when we went dirt bike riding and told me I would be an idiot if I EVER didn't wear one. Thanks dad.
    Last edited by JohnnyVegas; 10-27-2011 at 09:50 AM.

Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    At that speed...no helmet can do a miracle. I've had a few friends tbone...doing much less...and either haven't made it or they have extensive brain damage.

As a rider....bothers me hearing this...let alone watch

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    A guy on a sport bike killing himself...what else is new? People buy these bikes and most of them never set foot on a race track, so they resort to going in straight lines at 180 mph and only realize they don't know what they are doing right before their face meets the back end of a car.

bigpapabuff is offline Senior Member
    very sad to see, bikes are so dangerous.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawigirl View Post
    At that speed...no helmet can do a miracle. I've had a few friends tbone...doing much less...and either haven't made it or they have extensive brain damage.

As a rider....bothers me hearing this...let alone watch
    Agreed...and agreed.

Thread Information