Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member

Pat Condell on the state of the EU and economy

I'm a pretty big fan of Pat and this is probably his best video in awhile:

I don't think im even going to bother to vote next time. I voted Lib Dems because i really thought we needed a change from Red and Blue, and the Lib Dems completely sold out and threw in the allegiance with the Tories. And one of the first things that happened when that lot got in was raise University fees by 300%, something the Lib Dems said they would never do, and something they said they would infact, try and reduce. Is it any small wonder, that Uni's for next year are struggling to get seats filled.

The EU has failed, it has been an utter disaster, but now Merkel and Sarkozy are talking about wanting a monopoly over OTHER European Countries and their economies, simply to safeguard their flawed and fvcked single currency. Even though we (UK) aren't in it, Cameron has been as lilly livered as ever, but what they do directly affects UK interests, so may as well be in it. Infact, it was only about 5 years ago that Blair and Brown were bending over backwards to get the UK to join the EU, the public said "no" so it gives me the tiniest of hopes that we're not completely a lost cause yet.

This is the real problem facing us today. This should be talked about more, but instead it's more important to know who the fvck is in the X Factor final.

God, give me strength.
    Last edited by Flagg; 12-07-2011 at 09:02 AM.

DanB is offline Banned
    there has been rumours here (ireland) that the mint has been producing punts (currency prior to joining euro) in expectation of the euro collapsing, if it collapse's i think its safe to say we all fuked

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    there has been rumours here (ireland) that the mint has been producing punts (currency prior to joining euro) in expectation of the euro collapsing, if it collapse's i think its safe to say we all fuked
    What does that say about your leaders, if they weren't 100% confident about joining the EU but still went ahead and did it? And how would you feel if Monsieur Sarkozy turned around and started telling Ireland what you can, and cant spend your money on because apparantly you can't be trusted.

The EU was a total and utter failure, and it would be best if it was gone and everyone went back to their own currencies. Yes the change over would be catastrophic and set some countries back years or decades, but the alternative is having an Emperor of Europe tell you what you can and cant do. France decides they want to go to war and tells Ireland "hey, you WILL be spending money on this war as well and you WILL be helping us".

Do you really want that?

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    yep, i heard this 6mths ago and apparently they're done and ready to go into circulation...

id pref if we went sterling tbh.........
    Last edited by dec11; 12-07-2011 at 05:56 PM.

DanB is offline Banned
    that was part of uproar about lisbon treaty a couple years ago,eu army etc, if euro collapses and we go back to punts then we screwed, a punt used to be worth something decent in exchange rates due to celtic tiger etc but now i dont think it would be worth the paper its printed on. . .part of problem with eu is the open borders policy, anybody in europe in entitled to social welfare in ireland and i believe if this wasnt the case, ireland wouldnt be in debt its in,i know the banks ruined country etc but the budget said something like 70% of national expendeture is social welfare payments but yet i seriously doubt any more than half of that is to irish people so there is a simple saying of billions of euro per year and end to our debts. . . . but personally i think we still need the euro because at moment its the lesser of two evils due to value of currency vs value of punts if we re-instate them
    Last edited by DanB; 12-07-2011 at 09:24 AM.

DanB is offline Banned
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

might be just me but to me, this says its not a case of if, but when they needed

also heard army security stepped up significantly for couple weeks recently for ''training'' which would really mean they just knocked up a massive batch of something(punts) and they ready like you said
    Last edited by DanB; 12-07-2011 at 05:59 PM.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    I'm a pretty big fan of Pat and this is probably his best video in awhile:

I don't think im even going to bother to vote next time. I voted Lib Dems because i really thought we needed a change from Red and Blue, and the Lib Dems completely sold out and threw in the allegiance with the Tories. And one of the first things that happened when that lot got in was raise University fees by 300%, something the Lib Dems said they would never do, and something they said they would infact, try and reduce. Is it any small wonder, that Uni's for next year are struggling to get seats filled.

The EU has failed, it has been an utter disaster, but now Merkel and Sarkozy are talking about wanting a monopoly over OTHER European Countries and their economies, simply to safeguard their flawed and fvcked single currency. Even though we (UK) aren't in it, Cameron has been as lilly livered as ever, but what they do directly affects UK interests, so may as well be in it. Infact, it was only about 5 years ago that Blair and Brown were bending over backwards to get the UK to join the EU, the public said "no" so it gives me the tiniest of hopes that we're not completely a lost cause yet.

This is the real problem facing us today. This should be talked about more, but instead it's more important to know who the fvck is in the X Factor final.

God, give me strength.
    unfortunately true mate, alot of soulless braindead twats in the world.

Thread Information