Razor is offline Banned

My new best friend

Hey thought I would share, my gf and I just got a new dog. His name is Mako, male English Bull Terrier
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mako.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	118554
    Last edited by Razor; 12-06-2011 at 07:06 PM.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Cute! I love bullies of all kinds.

Razor is offline Banned
    Thanks man! I love him!!

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    cute but my dog will kick your dogs ass
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    nice dog

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    cute but my dog will kick your dogs ass
    Haha, well Mako got me un trouble, he ran up and bit some other dog, cost me $500 and a lot of apologies
    What kind of dog you got?

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    nice dog
    Thanks man!

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    a face only a mother could love

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    Is that the dog that was on the mask w Jim Carey?

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Brohim View Post
    a face only a mother could love
    Haha, hes got a football head

Quote Originally Posted by Brohim View Post
    Is that the dog that was on the mask w Jim Carey?
    No, that was a Jack Russel Terrier I believe

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    cool dog

congrats

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Razr. View Post
    Haha, well Mako got me un trouble, he ran up and bit some other dog, cost me $500 and a lot of apologies
    What kind of dog you got?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00122-20110927-1958.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	118580
    Its a mix, weiner dog and bumble bee
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Razor is offline Banned
    Hes cute!

Haha, well Mako got me un trouble, he ran up and bit some other dog, cost me $500 and a lot of apologies.
    I would never let a dog out of my house without a leash. Especially a bully. You never know when some hidden dog aggression might show up, or even just a dominance issue. People say "it is the owner, not the breed", but that is plain wrong. Those dogs were bred for specific reasons and it isn't all out of the gene pool. Most books on bullies will say to not take your dog to the dog park (even on leash) and to not leave a bully at home with another dog unattended. Never leave two dogs and one toy...it can escalate.

Having said that, we have a bully that we leave at home with another dog, and we take her to the park. We watch her like a hawk though. Off leash is an absolute no-no since she will charge. She just wants to say "hi" but the few times the leash has slipped out of our hand she has freaked out the dog and owner she was charging and it got ugly.

Normally I would never say any of this stuff, but your dog biting another dog is a HUGE deal. In a lot of places the other person could have demanded that your dog be destroyed. I kid you not. It is only because I care.

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    I would never let a dog out of my house without a leash. Especially a bully. You never know when some hidden dog aggression might show up, or even just a dominance issue. People say "it is the owner, not the breed", but that is plain wrong. Those dogs were bred for specific reasons and it isn't all out of the gene pool. Most books on bullies will say to not take your dog to the dog park (even on leash) and to not leave a bully at home with another dog unattended. Never leave two dogs and one toy...it can escalate.

Having said that, we have a bully that we leave at home with another dog, and we take her to the park. We watch her like a hawk though. Off leash is an absolute no-no since she will charge. She just wants to say "hi" but the few times the leash has slipped out of our hand she has freaked out the dog and owner she was charging and it got ugly.

Normally I would never say any of this stuff, but your dog biting another dog is a HUGE deal. In a lot of places the other person could have demanded that your dog be destroyed. I kid you not. It is only because I care.
    I could not agree more, but I had him on leash when it happened. He wanted to go say hi to another dog and I knew the owner, at first everything seemed fine and we were ok, I started talking to the other owner and before you know it the bite happened.

I could not agree more, but I had him on leash when it happened. He wanted to go say hi to another dog and I knew the owner, at first everything seemed fine and we were ok, I started talking to the other owner and before you know it the bite happened.
    Sorry I made an assumption. I just freaked out when I read that your he bit another dog. Our dogs have such a bad reputation that I am always worried someone will lose their dog because of the random things that happen when dogs get together. My dog is a sweetheart, but my worry is that another dog will corner her and things will go wrong. She is only 40 pounds, but she is named for an Anime character that accidentally destroys entire towns. We call her Vash the Puppy Typhoon.

Our other dog is a 14 pound mini-dachshund/chihuahua mix. She is fierce and moody, but we don't worry about her much. Heh.

Razor is offline Banned
    Sorry I made an assumption. I just freaked out when I read that your he bit another dog. Our dogs have such a bad reputation that I am always worried someone will lose their dog because of the random things that happen when dogs get together. My dog is a sweetheart, but my worry is that another dog will corner her and things will go wrong. She is only 40 pounds, but she is named for an Anime character that accidentally destroys entire towns. We call her Vash the Puppy Typhoon.

Our other dog is a 14 pound mini-dachshund/chihuahua mix. She is fierce and moody, but we don't worry about her much. Heh.
    Yea thank god I knew the owner for a long time and we were able to resolve this without having to destroy him
    Mako is kinda agressive and he weighs a solid 85lbs. And very intimidating if your not comfortable around dogs or this kind of breed.

Yea thank god I knew the owner for a long time and we were able to resolve this without having to destroy him
    Mako is kinda agressive and he weighs a solid 85lbs. And very intimidating if your not comfortable around dogs or this kind of breed.
    85 pounds is a lot of muscle! I wanted a thick Staffy, but my wife was scared when we went to look at her. She wouldn't be scared now that we have Vash The Stampede (her other name) but those muscular dogs scare the hell out of people.

Razor is offline Banned
    85 pounds is a lot of muscle! I wanted a thick Staffy, but my wife was scared when we went to look at her. She wouldn't be scared now that we have Vash The Stampede (her other name) but those muscular dogs scare the hell out of people.
    I love staffy's!!

ajordana is offline Associate Member
    i love bigger dogs! perfect man's best friend right there bro

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    and with a little matching teddy bear....
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~

I have 2 dogs, both nearly 14 years old. Breaks my heart to think of the inevitable, but it's bound to happen.

I would really like a Cane Corso for my next dog. I love Mastiff breeds of all sorts. These guys are loyal, intelligent, and beautiful!!

BigBadWolf is offline Member
    Me and my wife have been breeding bull terriers for about 5 years now. Love em!! We actually have a week old litter on the ground now. If you ever need to know any thing about them pm me. I can talk BT's allday!!! Ps good looking pup

Here's a few from our last litter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My new best friend-image-4265951520.jpg  

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkeykong View Post
    Here's a few from our last litter
    I love them all. So cute!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75

I have 2 dogs, both nearly 14 years old. Breaks my heart to think of the inevitable, but it's bound to happen.

I would really like a Cane Corso for my next dog. I love Mastiff breeds of all sorts. These guys are loyal, intelligent, and beautiful!!
    I like canes too but check out these dojos
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My new best friend-image-668065272.jpg  

DIESELPWR is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkeykong

I like canes too but check out these dojos
    Awesome looking dogs.. The pup looks like mine wen it was little..

DIESELPWR is offline Member
    Had to post a bunch lol.. Love my pups
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My new best friend-image-3775403026.jpg   My new best friend-image-983053153.jpg   My new best friend-image-613155406.jpg   My new best friend-image-3747193339.jpg   My new best friend-image-1213222845.jpg  

Razor is offline Banned
    Aww can you spare one for me!

thedunhill225 is offline New Member
    Cute pup. I've had dogs all my life but I don't think I'll ever get any dog but a boxer ever since I picked out my Kiwi 3 years ago. She is 60 lbs of pure love... Dadys girl all the way, she just stares at the door when I'm not home, goes bonkers when she sees me... I just love my girl.

when you leave this world, will it be a better place because you were here?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My new best friend-forumrunner_20111208_233028.jpg   My new best friend-imagejpeg_2.jpg   My new best friend-forumrunner_20111208_233247.jpg  

PurpleOnes is offline Associate Member
    Is it true that bull terriers have fighting dog genes and they have tendency for agression?

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleOnes
    Is it true that bull terriers have fighting dog genes and they have tendency for agression?
    They are dog aggressive for sure but theres a study out there from an independent company that scores breeds of dogs with kids and bull terriers had one of the highest score. Mine are ok with other dogs on nuetral ground but in my yard, well not so good for the other dog.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Love looking at all the doggies in this thread......THANKS!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    bitchin looking bully! love his colors...
    My next dog will be a dogue de bordeaux...AKA french mastiff I still dont know how to put a picture in a thread so you will have to google it. They are a all around solid dog. Size, look, protection, health, compatability etc...
    Argintine dogo are really cool dogs but take a lot of time and discipline or they will take over your house with a quickness.
    Had a boxer but had to give her up when I moved to Colorado...Still get a tear when I think about losing her.. Boxers are one of the most expressive dogs i have ever known she used to give me the cold shoulder when she was mad at me, just like a typical b!tch...eheheheh...

ecruz is offline Member
    dogs are the best!

Thread Information