Tonys72 is offline New Member

Unhappy working nights sux

working nights sux this 5p to 5a crap is for the birds, been doing it for 3 years now and still cant get used to it.

xelnaga is offline Banned
    Whats your sleep schedule like during the week and the weekend?

I'm off sunday thru tuesday which is nice, but on the days I work, I have about a 45 min drive one way so I pretty much go home and sleep until its time to get up and go back to work (I do try to sneak in some excerise).

xelnaga is offline Banned
    Damn bro- what line of work?

beverage company, Im a warehouse super

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    I feel your pain, I work 8pm - 8am. Most days I sleep until it's time to go to work also. Only way I get anything done is if I do it first thing when I get home. It's nice getting off at 8am because everything is open by 9am. I use to work 6am - 6am.

Sleep sucks though, most of the time I get 4-6 hrs. Some days 2-4 or none.. On my days off I will either sleep off and on all the first day and part of the night wasting a full day or not sleep at all and be awake for 36 - 48 hrs straight. I have gone 72 a couple of times; that's hard on you...

You never get use to going back and forth trying to sleep days then nights. It's defiantly hard on the body. The pay is nice, 24% increase and no management to worry about.

I hear ya. Hard to sleep if anyone is home also, but I do agree about the pay/no boss looking over your shoulder wouldn't have time to post threads otherwise lol. You gotta take the good with the bad I guess.

Get a air purifier for the room. The white noise drowns out everything else and you get use to it quickly. It also makes it so you dont hear dogs barking, people mowing the lawn or cars like little rice burner Hondas with coffee can exhaust.

Thx for the advice, I usually just shut the bedroom door and turn on the ceiling fan ZMA helps also.

I figure why not kill 2 birds with one stone, clear/purify the air so it's more healthier while you sleep and block out all the unwanted noise. I TRY not to use anything to sleep but to often resort to ambien. I cut them in half. If I remember to take it on the way home I try to use melatonin although it doesn't seem to do much for me.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    working days sux too

in fact, working sux.

I'd rather be in the wind on my harley

DIESELPWR is offline Member
    I work rotating shifts.. 7 out of the month I have to work midnight till 8am.. It sucks.. Planning meals and workouts sucks.. You never have a routine since it always changes..

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    i know how you feel

agreed with TR, work sucks fullstop, bring on the Lotto!!

ajordana is offline Associate Member
    that must suck man.. my typical shift is until midnight and i have class i the AM all week. will be glad when im done with all school and dont have to work nights all the time..

Quote Originally Posted by ajordana View Post
    that must suck man.. my typical shift is until midnight and i have class i the AM all week. will be glad when im done with all school and dont have to work nights all the time..
    Good luck with that. Same thing I though after getting out of school and a GOOD job, then I discovered that continuing education/school never ends and it seems the better the job the more school you have to do each year. Hell I'm almost 50 still going to school and working nights. Nights is by choice though. I cant give up that 23%.

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    I hear ya bro. I work 9:00pm to 5:30am Sunday through Thursdays. There for awhile I was able to fall asleep at 8:00am and sleep to 2 or 3. Lately I haven't' been able to go to bed before noon. Weekends screw up my sleep schedule even more.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    i know how you feel

agreed with TR, work sucks fullstop, bring on the Lotto!!
    which is why you blokes need to seriously patronize this thread....

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...resents-for-TR....

Thread Information