Thread: Smithwicks

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member

Smithwicks

Can ye get this stuff in America?

http://www.smithwicks.ie/landing.html

If ye can I suggest ye try it if you are into ales.

DanB is offline Banned
    Are you for real? I know your from Cork but come on, it looks like dirty dish water and dosnt taste much better either

DCI
    Savage gear man, compared to the lager muck that is out there it's proper man.

DanB is offline Banned
    I agree on 99% of lager, especially budweiser, 6 pints and sore head the next day but heineken and miller isnt too bad at all

to be honest i just havent the taste or stomach for smithwicks

same with guinness, couple pints of it and dont get me wrong its beautiful but i feel bloated and struggle to get them down

DCI
    Can't do Guinness at all it's hideous. Ahh Smithwicks I will admit is an acquired taste. Don't do Miller anymore used literally drink it by the box but I was drinking it one night and was getting a hangover while drinking it that can never be a good thing. Heino is grand as generally it's the most used tap in a pub which is annoying. But bud is a spectacular head ache in a can and will give you some serious shitters in the morning.

DanB is offline Banned
    i remember hearing that there was tests done on budweiser and it contained a stupid amount of chemicals, and it is brewed alot quicker than other beers, part of the reason for the chemicals and the result like you said is a sore head and serious shitters in the morning

and it also goes flat in 3 mins max if you pour a can or bottle into a pint glass which is never a good sign either

get some of auld tescos finest or druids,scrumpy jacks or even white lightening great stuff, haha
    Last edited by DanB; 02-01-2012 at 06:14 PM.

DCI
    Lol, pikey, I love trying all the new mad ales out there man. Some savage gear out there blow your face off Emm I'd nealy beleive that, it's the flattest beer ever.

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member

DCI
    If I can find it I'll try it. IF you wanna blow the face off you, try Suffolk Strong ale it's 8.5% it's mental stuff

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DCI View Post
    Lol, pikey, I love trying all the new mad ales out there man. Some savage gear out there blow your face off Emm I'd nealy beleive that, it's the flattest beer ever.
    i wouldnt drink any them if you paid me haha

if your into your ale you would love england, there is funky ale's everywhere and places that sell nothing but that

actually now that i think of it there is a place in town like that . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by DCI View Post
    If I can find it I'll try it. IF you wanna blow the face off you, try Suffolk Strong ale it's 8.5% it's mental stuff
    I'll try and remember that, no beer for 9 more weeks lol. Sierra nevada pale ale is by far my favorite, not sure if you can get it out of the states though.

I find a lot of people over here drink light beer like bud light or coors light, I was raised to drink real beer lol. I can't stand bud light or budweiser for that matter.

DCI
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    i wouldnt drink any them if you paid me haha

if your into your ale you would love england, there is funky ale's everywhere and places that sell nothing but that

actually now that i think of it there is a place in town like that . . . . . . .
    As I said it's something you either love or hate kinda like marmite. I personally enjoy trying all the diff ales out there. Yeh, I've been to england all right there into there ales much better than over here but it's kinda changing here too. Yeh? Must head in there for a few pints Haven't been out in the dublin for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by alexISthrowed View Post
    I'll try and remember that, no beer for 9 more weeks lol. Sierra nevada pale ale is by far my favorite, not sure if you can get it out of the states though.
    I'll try and find it on the net. I order a good bit off the net and get it delivered to the gaff it's great My buddy owns a chain of off licences so get to try a load due to free samples from reps. I generally try em with him and we see which we prefer lol Sometimes it can be dangerous mixing all of them in the morning some banger of a headache.

DCI
    Quote Originally Posted by alexISthrowed View Post
    I find a lot of people over here drink light beer like bud light or coors light, I was raised to drink real beer lol. I can't stand bud light or budweiser for that matter.
    It's the same as here, people just love the marketing of it all. You really can sell any old shit once you have a good marketing champaign behind it.

Thread Information