Okay so my wife surprised me this Christmas with an envelope full of money and some pictures of a Rottweiller. Story is that I used to own Rotts when we first got married, but she wanted me to get rid of them when she got pregnant. So fast forward 12 years, and I currently have a 3 year old male Lab. I absolutely love the dog. We had been talking about getting another dog, and she knew I loved Rotts so that is why she gave me pictures of one. My question is should I get a Rott or should I just get another Lab from the same breeder I got my other one from. Just kind of worried about how the Lab and Rott would get along with each other. Also I have a 12 year old son and an 8 year old daughter. Also they take the Lab outside with them when playing with their friends and I never have anything to worry about happening with the Lab. Don't know that I could completely trust a Rott playing with a bunch of kids. Well trained or not, Rotts are protective towards family. So what would you guys suggest...Get a Rott or another Lab, or just stick with one dog. If I didn't have the Lab now, it would be a no brainer for me. I would have already put my deposit down on the Rott.