rippedfromabove is offline Associate Member

Most meaningful 30 minutes of your life

http://vimeo.com/m/37119711

Please watch. Dont pretend you care and skip througH. Its quite a cause. WATCH

Razor is offline Banned
    Much appreciated bro. Thank you

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    I am on this boat, great video bro. Just because of this video and you posting it I will change my avatar to support this venture for the rest of the year.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Is it wrong that i only lasted 6 mins into before i turned it off?
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

dooie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    Is it wrong that i only lasted 6 mins into before i turned it off?
    Not wrong, depending on your reason why?

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dooie View Post
    Not wrong, depending on your reason why?
    I wanted to listen to the new Kelly Clarkson song.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

I like that song

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    excellent video.. brought about a lot of emotion

Quote Originally Posted by wmaousley
    I am on this boat, great video bro. Just because of this video and you posting it I will change my avatar to support this venture for the rest of the year.
    Im glad you liked it

awms is offline Senior Member
    great video! so glad you posted it! Im 100% behind this!

Nice to see you all care.. Much pity for those who suffered because of him.

DeadlyD is offline Anabolic Member

Lol ....... So wrong!!! ...but funny.

JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    WOW!!! I had no idea, as I'm sure most people don't, good idea posting this up.

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I don’t follow political stuff much BUT I do know a few things about this... in October Obama sent like 100 troops over to Uganda to aide their Army to specifically help remove the do0uch..But 100, really not that much help. Also the US took in lost boys refugees from Uganda for free/ boarded them/ gave jobs and education for free for a few years

Also sadly the whole friggan country is like this on some level (even the government army’s there)... Kurtz just happens to be move extreme than the rest (at the moment) so any aide is just a bandage on a huge weeping sore that’s massively infected.

The LRA means well and is doing what they can with an allover bad situation but they helped to pass a law that ended up strengthening the president over there which has his own serious record of crimes against humanity.

Watch the LOST BOYS document... to see how the life is over there it’s truly disturbing

But IMO can we really be expected to police a whole world? and if so... shouldn’t we get our own shiznit strait first?
    image all of this group and supporters energy channeled here at home...
    Americans help your neighbor’s kid from abuse, sexual exploitation and gang ridden neighbor hoods before tackling the same issues on a much grander scale in some other country.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart
    I don’t follow political stuff much BUT I do know a few things about this... in October Obama sent like 100 troops over to Uganda to aide their Army to specifically help remove the do0uch..But 100, really not that much help. Also the US took in lost boys refugees from Uganda for free/ boarded them/ gave jobs and education for free for a few years

Also sadly the whole friggan country is like this on some level (even the government army’s there)... Kurtz just happens to be move extreme than the rest (at the moment) so any aide is just a bandage on a huge weeping sore that’s massively infected.

The LRA means well and is doing what they can with an allover bad situation but they helped to pass a law that ended up strengthening the president over there which has his own serious record of crimes against humanity.

Watch the LOST BOYS document... to see how the life is over there it’s truly disturbing

But IMO can we really be expected to police a whole world? and if so... shouldn’t we get our own shiznit strait first?
    Americans help your neighbor’s kid from abuse, sexual exploitation and gang ridden neighbor hoods before tackling the same issues on a much grander scale in some other country.
    The dude that made the video was the reason we sent troops there. And i agree with you about being a world police, but some issues like that we have to step in. I agree we should mind our own business regarding revolutions and nuke programs, but when children are scared to sleep and forced to be in an army, a stronger force has to intervene. Otherwise, 100 other guys like Kony are going to follow his path.

supersize me is offline Associate Member
    I hope I'm wrong but for some reason I have an inkling there's something sketchy going on with "invisible children." I just see ample opportunity to profit off of the problem. Once again, I hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by supersize me
    I hope I'm wrong but for some reason I have an inkling there's something sketchy going on with "invisible children." I just see ample opportunity to profit off of the problem. Once again, I hope I'm wrong.
    I read 60% of donated money goes into administrative costs

dumbtoad is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rippedfromabove

I read 60% of donated money goes into administrative costs
    More than that. News reported today that they've raised 15.6 mil. A little over 8 mil has gone to advertising etc. 3 mil to Africa. Where'd the rest go? When interviewed, a spokesperson said "we never claimed it all went to Africa" Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbtoad

More than that. News reported today that they've raised 15.6 mil. A little over 8 mil has gone to advertising etc. 3 mil to Africa. Where'd the rest go? When interviewed, a spokesperson said "we never claimed it all went to Africa" Pathetic.
    I ddnt hear about that. But I find it to be lower than dirt if you take advantage of people's problems and misery...

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbtoad View Post

I heard the same report. They claim it's still is cost worthy because it raises awareness to the situation. Only problem is what will happen to the rest of the money that is raised?

I stopped donating to things like this long time ago after finding out that 90% of my donations was administrative cost. it's funny how much money these people make when working for a NON profit organization.... I make sure my donations are all given 1st hand now. I have helped several Filipino and Thai girls pay for school tuition and books.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 03-11-2012 at 04:56 AM.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I only give to the large organizations like united way. They stand to lose too much to do anything majorly douchey.

There is a war veteran in my town that sleeps outside at night in the cold. He is missing his legs and in a wheelchair. He is one of the chronic homeless people that seem to band together and hang out all day. One day on my way home a couple years ago I pass this man. He is asleep outside a closed down restaurant that went out of business. Its chilly out and probably 11 pm at night. I reach into my wallet and take out a 20. While hes still asleep I walk over to him sleeping in his wheelchair and try to give him the money without waking him up. He wakes up startled. I give him the money and he says "thank you". I think its always better to give food and clothes to these people as a lot of them will use the money for alcohol or drugs, but I do think that some people like this man deserve our hand out and our help.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper
    I only give to the large organizations like united way. They stand to lose too much to do anything majorly douchey.

There is a war veteran in my town that sleeps outside at night in the cold. He is missing his legs and in a wheelchair. He is one of the chronic homeless people that seem to band together and hang out all day. One day on my way home a couple years ago I pass this man. He is asleep outside a closed down restaurant that went out of business. Its chilly out and probably 11 pm at night. I reach into my wallet and take out a 20. While hes still asleep I walk over to him sleeping in his wheelchair and try to give him the money without waking him up. He wakes up startled. I give him the money and he says "thank you". I think its always better to give food and clothes to these people as a lot of them will use the money for alcohol or drugs, but I do think that some people like this man deserve our hand out and our help.
    My gym happens to be next to the "homeless hangout". When im going home, I always see them going into the liquor store right by the gym. I dont help them anymore.. they dont even try to get jobs..

oatmeal69 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart View Post
    Precisely.
    The other issue I have is that the best way for a people or nation to help their cause is to fight for it themselves. We need to stop stepping in. Freedom and liberty are VERY costly - if someone isn't willing to pay that price, why should we do it for them?

Flier is offline Productive Member
    Horrible what is happening to these children. Goes for abused children everywhere.
    But.....I felt I was watching a commercial. And sure enough, at the end, the punchline.

Maybe sad I have become so cynical at my old age, but I have just seen too much of, everywhere there is a tragedy, it being financial, medical, abusive, marital, young, old, single or group; there is a person or an organization there trying to make a buck off of it.

Wish I had more faith in the human heart.

frank13 is offline "AR's Official Turkey Bacon Expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by Flier View Post
    Horrible what is happening to these children. Goes for abused children everywhere.
    But.....I felt I was watching a commercial. And sure enough, at the end, the punchline.

Maybe sad I have become so cynical at my old age, but I have just seen too much of, everywhere there is a tragedy, it being financial, medical, abusive, marital, young, old, single or group; there is a person or an organization there trying to make a buck off of it.

Wish I had more faith in the human heart.
    not trying to be a dick but u know this guys are only giving 30% of donations to the cause

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    We should all send them money which they can then use to.. wait why are we sending these assholes money

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    http://videosift.com/video/Kony-2012...cial-Breakdown

You guys should look into details before jumping on the bandwagon

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post

hahahaha the United Way is the reason I quit doing corporate donations. They get burned ever few years and then people forget what happened. Here is some info for you.
    United way financial records revealed the salary and benefits package the board gave to Gloria Pace King (president) in 2007 amounted to $1.2 million
    This is by far not the first time either. I stopped back in 1999 due to the same thing. Like I said they say I'm sorry and then do the same thing a few years later. If you dig deep enough you will find most of the money never makes it to any of the kids. I say 99% of these charities are bogus same as all the Police man balls. Everyone knows Poli***en done have balls. But really, the police/fire department are not part of those organizations. Only time I give to Firemen is at the local fire-station or the local fairs and boot drives.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 03-12-2012 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts
    I heard the same report. They claim it's still is cost worthy because it raises awareness to the situation. Only problem is what will happen to the rest of the money that is raised?

I stopped donating to things like this long time ago after finding out that 90% of my donations was administrative cost. it's funny how much money these people make when working for a NON profit organization.... I make sure my donations are all given 1st hand now. I have helped several Filipino and Thai girls pay for school tuition and books.
    Hahahaha

dumbtoad is offline Associate Member
    The whole commercial, and it is just that, is a joke. This guy is taking advantage of the freedoms offered to him living in America to capitalize on others peoples misery. Don't get me wrong, I have sympathy for the atrocities happening to these people. The money this tool is raising is doing nothing for these people. Ooooh he raised awareness...wow. Unless the African government steps in and does something about this kony, nothing will change. And they're just as corrupt themselves. Unfortunately mass murder is the norm in Africa. Been that way for centuries and there's precisely nothing we can do about it short of a world war. And that would doom us all. This dude is teaching his kid about the atrocities in Africa but doesn't clue him in to all the poverty, hatred, and class distinction in this country. The golden rule does and always will apply. "He who has the gold makes the rules."

Thread Information