Thread: Hunger game

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Hunger game

Who saw it? It was suppose to be the "movie of the year" but i thought it was kinda blah. I mean it wasn't a bad movie but it was no where near all the hype its been getting.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

dumb_aas is offline Junior Member
    The movie (and books) is just a knock off of the Japanese movie called battle Royale

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    It was blah to me too as well DSM. Kids and sexy liked it but I almost fell asleep in a few places. Seriously Jacker Trackers? WTF kind of name is that?

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    wife read the book,,, so much was left out but it was ok.. i wouldn't say the movie of the year, and if it is, that's a sad thing
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

DIESELPWR is offline Member
    I thought the same.. Way too much hype especially wen u know exactly what's gonna happen

MHouse is offline Junior Member
    Definitely not movie of the year. I read the book, to see what all the hype was about right before the movie came out. The book was better than the movie (like 99% of all books that become movies are), but the movie did a decent job getting the feel of the book.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I have read two of the three books so far. They are an easy, fun read. Class warfare, oppressive government and the elements of defiance that spark a revolution...not the usual teen book.

I think the movie is better when you have already read the book because you understand so many things that they didn't have the chance to explain in the movie.

The comparison to Battle Royale is unfair, or at least an oversimplification in my view. Most of these ideas go way back, and to say a book written in 1999 is the end all, be all origination point of these plot points is shortsighted. Still, this isn't something I would argue about...because I just don't care enough.

Movie of the year? Only at the box office in my opinion.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Battle Royale is the OG legit shit!!! BR2 sucks though, don't waste your time with it...it's really bad. As far as the Hunger Games are concerned...isn't the book like 300 pages? I'm pretty sure it's something meant for tweens. Not going to bother with it.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    I would say definitely written for teens, not my kind of thing to read. I wasn't that impressed with the movie, and thought a lot of stuff was really stupid, and asked people if the book was equally stupid, to which I found a lot of the stuff I thought was retarded was a good depiction of how it was described in the book. I had thought about reading the books, but now I know there is no reason to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    Battle Royale is the OG legit shit!!! BR2 sucks though, don't waste your time with it...it's really bad. As far as the Hunger Games are concerned...isn't the book like 300 pages? I'm pretty sure it's something meant for tweens. Not going to bother with it.
    I think Theseus and the Minotaur is the OG legit shit. Heh. No idea how many pages they are since I read it on Kindle. I like to check in on things that hit that tipping point that makes them huge, so I read the first book. It is young adult fiction and won't be really stimulating if you do a lot of reading, but that is one of the things that makes it fun. I liked the Harry Potter books too, especially as they become more dark and mature.

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    I think the movie is better when you have already read the book because you understand so many things that they didn't have the chance to explain in the movie.
    I haven't watched the movie yet so I can't comment on that but the general consensus from my friends, if you read the books you tend to enjoy the movies more than my friends that didn't read them.

Eddie_m63 is offline Member
    It was decent but nothing special, waiting for the avengers.

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    Movie is about teens killing each other. Even younger than teens

Razor is offline Banned
    Movie was cool

Quote Originally Posted by Brohim View Post
    Movie is about teens killing each other. Even younger than teens
    I thought it would have been more tactically oriented. They are just waltzing around the forest, no one is running from tree to tree and being sneaky really. I used to play games in the woods as a kid, anyways moved and tried playing games like that in the new place I lived and the kids had no clue how to find someone or keep themselves hidden, it sucked cause it was no longer fun. But some of those teens where highly trained supposedly yet they waltz around without a care? I was disappointed with that and a lot of other crap.

^^^^ The stronger kids that formed an ******** where doing that because they could. They had strength in numbers and a cache of food. Their plan was always to dominate the cornucopia and control all the resources. They used it as a base camp and all they needed to do was watch for campfires, run through the forest and kill whoever was dumb enough to light it.

Several characters were being sneaky. It was more apparent in the books. In the books it was also made clear that the stronger kids had no interest in the training stations that taught survival skills, they were just there to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    ^^^^ The stronger kids that formed an ******** where doing that because they could. They had strength in numbers and a cache of food. Their plan was always to dominate the cornucopia and control all the resources. They used it as a base camp and all they needed to do was watch for campfires, run through the forest and kill whoever was dumb enough to light it.

Several characters were being sneaky. It was more apparent in the books. In the books it was also made clear that the stronger kids had no interest in the training stations that taught survival skills, they were just there to kill.
    Well maybe the book portrayed it better. But if I had a decent ranged weapon and saw four idiots walking along and I was hiding in a bush or up a tree and could take out a couple before they even knew where I was and likely take out the rest cause they are waltzing around like morons I would. Or did none of them have said weapon and they for sure knew no one could surprise attack them? it just doesn't make sense.

^^^^ Heh. Well, several people died from thrown tridents and knives. Katniss got the bow, but didn't want to kill anyone unless she had too. I suppose she could have snuck around sniping people, but that isn't very heroic behavior. Other than a few kids from the rich districts, they were all near-starving kids pulled from places like farming communities. They weren't Rangers. Hell, they weren't even adults. Most of them hid and made the mistake of lighting a fire when they got cold.

Interesting that I found a new censored word: a l l i a n c e

Thread Information