do you have to be sleeping for like 2-3 hours so that your in a deep cycle of sleep for your body to start releasing all those growth hormones when you sleep? or does it start within 10 mins of sleeping? The reason why im wondering is because sometimes for some reason i will wake up with only like 6 1/2 hours of sleep. and even though i can wake up... i try to get back to sleep to get my 8 hours of sleep... anyone with knowledge on this subject know about this?

like if i go to bed at 1 am. and i wake up at 8 am... i will try to go back to sleep because i didnt get my 8 hours of sleep in. curious if i should just stop being picky and wake up and get out of bed with only 7 hours of sleep if im already up...

also sometimes its annoying. i will be awake and ready to kick ass at 9 am. with 6 hours of sleep. but then ill go back to sleep and wake up at 11-12pm and feel like crap. but i only do this because im obssessed with bodybuilding and really want all the extra boosts i can get... to repair my body the best i can... (not to sound like a douchebag)