Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    what does it dp? you can look at your account and say ohh i got x amount in there. You are not enjoying it. and if your afriad to spend its virtually useless
    woo woo woo. i dont save all the money i make just a certain amount. i still go out and vacation. but when i got to buy a new house id like to put a good amount down.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    there is nothing wrong with that. So you are saving it with a purpose to spend it. On a house, i'm more referring to the people that save everything just to save.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    there is nothing wrong with that. So you are saving it with a purpose to spend it. On a house, i'm more referring to the people that save everything just to save.
    yea i hear ya. i just set a goal and try to achieve it. my grandparents were like what you mentioned but when you grow up and lived in the great depression i would imagine that money has a different effect on you with how much you value it.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    yea i hear ya. i just set a goal and try to achieve it. my grandparents were like what you mentioned but when you grow up and lived in the great depression i would imagine that money has a different effect on you with how much you value it.
    my grandma was the same way. She always said she didnt have alot of money. She would go cheap on herself all the time. she didnt have cable. her furniture was old. Her house was paid for. when she died she had over 100k in the bank. She lived to 99 years old. I mean grandma you could have gotten yourself a new comfy couch for yourself?
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    I'd be like Warchild, only buy clothes when needed and try to save a bit of money too just in case kinda way. Have a brand new company car so that is handy and free diesel with it so it's cool if I wanna go up the country I can and it doesn't cost me anything only accom and food and beer money So that is good but I earn about 35k dollars a year which isn't mad but still allows me to do what I want. I rent a room in an apt that is owned by a guy that does shift work so he's never there and has free broadband also. And I've no debt at all so it's great position to be in, I will also have a house too later in life.

But as Dan said life is for living and I've spent a lot of money on going away on holidays etc but to be honest it's all been worth it. Last year, I did the whole west coast of America drive and not many people can say that from were I am so it was cool and worth every penny too. But I think people like everything in life need to put a bitta perspective on everything rather than just going to buy things for the sake of buying them.

FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My wife's grandparents are millionaires, but live modest.. They own like 10 homes, go on vacation when they want and do what they want.. Drive a Honda accord, and like you said have old furniture lol..oh yea grandma don't fly, so she gets left at home a lot, grandfather goes to Alaska few times a year..

My in laws, both work hard, house paid for, very nice home, they have a few motorcycles and old cars... Mother in law is tight with the money unless she wants to do something than they do it.. I can tell if father in laws wore the pants they be broke lol... But together they make around 150k + and buy everything cash..

Wife and I have a home bought 2 years ago, so I shell out a grand a month on that, have nice things.. Would love to have a few grand in the bank, but um I don't lol.. I make about 65k and the wife makes 55-60k..beginning of next year we will be set up to be saving a lot more..vacations normally with the kids we have four... So you can see where some of the money goes lol..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information