Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member

Vox app for IPHONE

Love this. I am not a fan of texting a fvcking novel like most people nowadays.

Def for the lazy texters out there. Free download too!!!

Mark5 is offline Associate Member
    I thought I'd use the voice recognition more when I got my 4S but I've found it's almost just as much of a chore to speak your message than it is to just type it

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark5
    I thought I'd use the voice recognition more when I got my 4S but I've found it's almost just as much of a chore to speak your message than it is to just type it
    Agreed. iPhone 4's biggest feature was the Siri App but the app existed before the 4s and speech recognition was weak. Hasn't improved much with integration into 4s and is terrible if you have an accent. Android has a speech recognition app that adapts to the users voice. Not sure if it's better than the iPhone app.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I use the speech to txt all the time on my droid and it works surprisingly well. I catch myself speaking to slow most of the time but there is not need to. It does screw up once in a while and make people ??? about my txt but it beats using a small keyboard and multiple fat fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts
    I use the speech to txt all the time on my droid and it works surprisingly well. I catch myself speaking to slow most of the time but there is not need to. It does screw up once in a while and make people ??? about my txt but it beats using a small keyboard and multiple fat fingers.
    The commercial makes the Droid app sound superior to Siri. Sometimes Apple rushes products to market too quickly.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    The commercial makes the Droid app sound superior to Siri. Sometimes Apple rushes products to market too quickly.
    I have no idea about the new droid, this is on my 3 yr old Droid phone. I would hope the new one is much better. I have had issues in the past with my phone locking up and not responding though. Pisses me off when it happens and it's gotten slow the last year. I though it might have something to do with the 3500 pictures on it but it turns out it was the virus scanner slowing everything down from opening. Much quicker now that it's uninstalled.

I'm still thinking about getting the next iPhone since everyone I know who has one for the last 2 years their old ones still works as fast as day 1. Mine is still a lot slower in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts
    I have no idea about the new droid, this is on my 3 yr old Droid phone. I would hope the new one is much better. I have had issues in the past with my phone locking up and not responding though. Pisses me off when it happens and it's gotten slow the last year. I though it might have something to do with the 3500 pictures on it but it turns out it was the virus scanner slowing everything down from opening. Much quicker now that it's uninstalled.

I'm still thinking about getting the next iPhone since everyone I know who has one for the last 2 years their old ones still works as fast as day 1. Mine is still a lot slower in comparison.
    I'm an Apple drone. Been using the iPhone since the first one came out and I dumped my Blackberry. I have friends who love their Droid but I'm product loyal most of the time. I still think Apple releases products too early but I do understand their strategy. Many people said the 4s was premature and that Apple should have waited and just released the 5 in another year, however with about 6 million 3Gs users coming off a two year contract (I was one of those), the launch made sense strategically.

The 5 will target users coming off contract from the 4....,and there will likely be a 5s (or similar) for us 4s users.

Thread Information