Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member

So I went into Wells Fargo today.....................................

..........and was wearing my sunglasses. Grabbed a quick cup of coffee before jumping in line (it was early, 9am). I was approached by security and told to take my sunglasses off? WTF? "You're shitting me, right?"

No sir, please take them off

Is there a law?

No. We were robbed and won't allow sunglasses.

So I take my shades off.

Apparently, some guy wearing a ball cap and sunglasses ripped the place off.

I ask the teller, and she said a bloke with shades ripped the place off.

"But sunglasses are not a weapon"

Anyways, it goes on for a bit, and then i realize I'm just being antogonistic, so i stop.

Next thing you know, I woun't be allowed to bring money into the bank, as it may expose the bank to additional risks??

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    There are signs at every bank in Vegas asking that you take off hats and sunglasses.

canesfan804 is offline Member
    I knew a woman that was a drive thru teller and a guy tried to rob her. He sent a note thru the glass telling her to give him money and he had a gun. She sent him a note back that read " F**k you buddie, the glass is bullet proof" Funny thing was this idiot was driving his own car. Needless to say he was found pretty quick.

stpete is offline Banned
    Happened to me too. I wondered if i really looked like i was going to rob them or i looked suspicious or something. Guess next time i'll just wear colored contacts to throw them off a bit.

I was a bit grumpy when i walked in. the greeter said "good morning" and all i grunted was "coffee" as i headed that way

bigZthedestroyer is offline Anabolic Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I occasionally go into a convenient store by my gym to get some water and if I ever have my hood pulled up they tell me to take it down. Im in there all the time to and they know me. Every time though..

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    The robber wore clothes too right?

Shoulda started stripping down

DanB is offline Banned
    sunglasses, motorbike helmets, scarves covering face, hoods etc I dont see anything wrong with being asked to remove them, its common practice over here

you cant even walk directly into majority of banks here, you are first buzzed through 2 sets of security doors

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Im pretty laid back. very mellow. 99 out of a hundred times id just take them off and think nothing of it. That one time though , when im in the wrong frame of mind , id def be inclined to tell them to fvck off. Im kind of in that mood now reading this think "who the fvck are they to tell me to take my sunglasses off- Im the fvcking customer"

JAB1 is offline Member
    I agree with the policy. Seems to be a bank or pharmacy robbery here daily. Hell I think they should be completely closed of from customers, have you enter a bullett proof pod and send stuff back and forth through the tubes like drivethroughs have.... My wife works at a bank, fortunately its in sales and shes rarely there, but its worisome for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    Im pretty laid back. very mellow. 99 out of a hundred times id just take them off and think nothing of it. That one time though , when im in the wrong frame of mind , id def be inclined to tell them to fvck off. Im kind of in that mood now reading this think "who the fvck are they to tell me to take my sunglasses off- Im the fvcking customer"
    sounds like me. usually, i would have laughed and complied. but i was in a mood.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    It's not just banks that won't let you wear sunglasses. A couple years ago, in Vegas, it was a cold night in the winter and I rode my motorcycle to the Vons on Twain and Maryland. Anyways, I had a ski mask on to shield my face from the cold. Fvcking rent-a-cop wouldn't let me in the store with the mask. I had to hand him the mask while I shopped and get it back when I left.

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    Should of told him your religion prohibits you from removing the sunglasses.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    ..........and was wearing my sunglasses. Grabbed a quick cup of coffee before jumping in line (it was early, 9am). I was approached by security and told to take my sunglasses off? WTF? "You're shitting me, right?"

No sir, please take them off

Is there a law?

No. We were robbed and won't allow sunglasses.

So I take my shades off.

Apparently, some guy wearing a ball cap and sunglasses ripped the place off.

I ask the teller, and she said a bloke with shades ripped the place off.

"But sunglasses are not a weapon"

Anyways, it goes on for a bit, and then i realize I'm just being antogonistic, so i stop.

Next thing you know, I woun't be allowed to bring money into the bank, as it may expose the bank to additional risks??
    I call BS! The teller didn't say "bloke".
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

Thread Information