Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member

Interesting video on racial profiling

red_hulk is offline Member
    That's bullshit. The kid baited the cops to stop and search and then gave them constant attitude. Are the cops racist? Probably, you try being a cop in one of those shit neighborhoods and see what they see and hear what they hear and you'll be the same. The fact is that stop and search isn't a racial profile, it's a criminal profile.

You don't want to get stopped? Don't walk around with your pants off your ass or bandanas hanging out of your pocket. Or empty book bags. Are they stopping black and Spanish businessmen, or black and Spanish thugs? Don't talk like you've never been in a classroom and walk around like a thug and you wouldn't have a problem. I'm more than sure that people feel safer knowing that the new procedure allows police to search suspicious people. I know that I do.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Wow, that's pretty messed up. I have no doubt a lot of that goes on in many plases and it's the same with traffic tickets; they have a quota.

Quote Originally Posted by red_hulk View Post
    That's bullshit. The kid baited the cops to stop and search and then gave them constant attitude. Are the cops racist? Probably, you try being a cop in one of those shit neighborhoods and see what they see and hear what they hear and you'll be the same. The fact is that stop and search isn't a racial profile, it's a criminal profile.

You don't want to get stopped? Don't walk around with your pants off your ass or bandanas hanging out of your pocket. Or empty book bags. Are they stopping black and Spanish businessmen, or black and Spanish thugs? Don't talk like you've never been in a classroom and walk around like a thug and you wouldn't have a problem. I'm more than sure that people feel safer knowing that the new procedure allows police to search suspicious people. I know that I do.
    That's how I felt as well. Especially Harlem, a complete dump. The part that I found most disturbing is how these officers will get reprimanded or written up if they don't do random stop and frisks.

I'm not saying that there isn't racism or corruption. But I am saying that these people aren't te victims they make themselves out to be. I think if you fit a criminal profile you should be stopped and searched. There's no reason why you can't clean up your act and attitude.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm sure enough of that goes on due to actual hoodlums but it's the cops who are complaining about being FORCED to do stops and arrest they dont really want to and you know there are some bad cops with a power trip and this just gives them free reign. Like the cops said it was .01% of them had any weapons or drugs. Why harass a bunch of kids doing nothing just because how they look/dress? Kids will be kids and they feel their expressing themselves. lol

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts
    I'm sure enough of that goes on due to actual hoodlums but it's the cops who are complaining about being FORCED to do stops and arrest they dont really want to and you know there are some bad cops with a power trip and this just gives them free reign. Like the cops said it was .01% of them had any weapons or drugs. Why harass a bunch of kids doing nothing just because how they look/dress? Kids will be kids and they feel their expressing themselves. lol
    It's not kids being kids. It's kids dressing and acting like those who commit crimes and gang bang. Idk if you've ever been to a bad neighborhood, but kids will shoot you or stab you before an adult would. No bullshit I have a few stories. Like I said, I'm sure it is corrupt on some level, but there is a quota to be made. They just recently began to enforce this (a few months ago) so the people who came up with it want to be proven to work and prove that it isn't an act of racism, but instead cleaning up the streets of these fcked up neighborhoods.

I've been to East New York, Far Rockaway, Harlem, And a few more. These are places you don't want to be after dark. This is an attempt to make places like these safer. Like I said, you don't want to get searched, don't fit the profile.

Quote Originally Posted by red_hulk View Post
    It's not kids being kids. It's kids dressing and acting like those who commit crimes and gang bang. Idk if you've ever been to a bad neighborhood, but kids will shoot you or stab you before an adult would. No bullshit I have a few stories. Like I said, I'm sure it is corrupt on some level, but there is a quota to be made. They just recently began to enforce this (a few months ago) so the people who came up with it want to be proven to work and prove that it isn't an act of racism, but instead cleaning up the streets of these fcked up neighborhoods.
    Whether they enforce/encourage this type of stop or not, it's still going to exist. Having been through the academy, It's safe to say that an officer can make a stop and frisk whenever he damn well pleases, as long as it is justified. For example: I see a black guy walking down 1st street with timberlands on, bandanna, and pants sagging down his ass - I see a slight bulge in his pocket, I stop and frisk him to only find out it's just a cell phone or wallet. Who's to say there was a bulge showing or not? Doesn't matter.......

After working night clubs for the past 5 years, I've had so many people go off on me for being racist after I denied them into clubs. They didn't seem to get that I was not letting them in due to their skin color, it was because they were dressed/speaking like an uneducated criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzer

Whether they enforce/encourage this type of stop or not, it's still going to exist. Having been through the academy, It's safe to say that an officer can make a stop and frisk whenever he damn well pleases, as long as it is justified. For example: I see a black guy walking down 1st street with timberlands on, bandanna, and pants sagging down his ass - I see a slight bulge in his pocket, I stop and frisk him to only find out it's just a cell phone or wallet. Who's to say there was a bulge showing or not? Doesn't matter.......

After working night clubs for the past 5 years, I've had so many people go off on me for being racist after I denied them into clubs. They didn't seem to get that I was not letting them in due to their skin color, it was because they were dressed/speaking like an uneducated criminal.
    Couldn't agree more, man

Thread Information