Thread: Vitamin C

JJ78 is offline Senior Member

Vitamin C

Hi Guys,

Please delete if against the rules.

My mother was just diagnosed with Lung cancer this morning. Has a tumor in one of her lungs. She has a PET scan scheduled for tomorrow to see if it anywhere else. Hopefully it is localized an can be operated on and have it removed.

My questions is: Does anyone have a reputable source that sells injectable Vitamin C?

You can PM me if you want.

She probably will not do Chemo if that is what they offer her. Neither would I.

I have read many good things about Cancer being treated and even cured with high IU's of Vit C.

Thank you.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Wow, nothing to add here other than im very sorry to hear about your mom's diagnosis.

Thank you Mickey.

ali_baba is offline Junior Member
    I'm sorry to hear about your mother

The only thing I know about high dose vitamin C is that in very high doses it can lead to the kind of DNA damage that causes cancer. (due tot the fact that it actually becomes a pro-oxidant at high doses). Therefore I don't think vitamin C would be a good treatment option but here is some info that might definitely help.

emailed to me by a friend

1. Every person has cancer cells in the body. These cancer cells do not show up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to a few billion. When doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in their bodies after treatment, it just means the tests are unable to detect the cancer cells because they have not reached the detectable size.

2. Cancer cells occur between 6 to more than 10 times in a person's lifetime.

3. When the person's immune system is strong the cancer cells will be destroyed and prevented from multiplying and forming tumors.

4. When a person has cancer it indicates the person has multiple nutritional deficiencies. These could be due to genetic, environmental, food and lifestyle factors.

5. To overcome the multiple nutritional deficiencies, changing diet and including supplements will strengthen the immune system.

6. Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly-growing cancer cells and also destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells in the bone marrow, gastro-intestinal tract etc, and can cause organ damage, like liver, kidneys, heart, lungs etc.

7. Radiation while destroying cancer cell s also burns, scars and damages healthy cells, tissues and organs.

8. Initial treatment with chemotherapy and radiation will often reduce tumor size. However prolonged use of chemotherapy and radiation do not result in more tumor destruction.

9. When the body has too much toxic burden from chemotherapy and radiation the immune system is either compromised or destroyed, hence the person can succumb to various kinds of infections and complications.

10. Chemotherapy and radiation can cause cancer cells to mutate and become resistant and difficult to destroy. Surgery can also cause cancer cells to spread to other sites.

11. An effective way to battle cancer is to starve the cancer cells by not feeding it with the foods it needs to multiply.

CANCER CELLS FEED ON:

A. Sugar is a cancer-feeder. By cutting off sugar it cuts off one important food supply to the cancer cells. Sugar substitutes like NutraSweet, Equal,Spoonful, etc are made with Aspartame and it is harmful. A better natural substitute would be Manuka honey or molasses but only in very small amounts. Table salt has a chemical added to make it white in colour. Better alternative is Bragg's aminos or sea salt.

B. Milk causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the gastro-intestinal tract. Cancer feeds on mucus. By cutting off milk and substituting with unsweetened soya milk cancer cells are being starved.

C. Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment. A meat-based diet is acidic and it is best to eat fish, and a little chicken rather than beef or pork. Meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites, which are all harmful, especially to people with cancer.

D. A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains, seeds, nuts and a little fruits help put the body into an alkaline environment. About 20% can be from cooked food including beans. Fresh vegetable juices provide live enzymes that are easily absorbed an d reach down to cellular levels within 15 minutes to nourish and enhance growth of healthy cells. To obtain live enzymes for building healthy cells try and drink fresh vegetable juice (most vegetables including bean sprouts) and eat some raw vegetables 2 or 3 times a day. Enzymes are destroyed at temperatures of 104 degrees F (40 degrees C).

E. Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high caffeine. Green tea is a better alternative and has cancer-fighting properties. Water - best to drink purified water, or filtered, to avoid known toxins and heavy metals in tap water. Distilled water is acidic, avoid it.

12. Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of digestive enzymes. Undigested meat (especially red meat) remaining in the intestines become putrified and leads to more toxic buildup.

13. Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering. By refraining from or eating less meat it frees more enzymes to attack the protein walls of cancer cells and allows the body's killer cells to destroy the cancer cells.

14. Some supplements build up the immune system (IP6, Flor-ssence, Essiac, anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, EFAs etc.) to enable the body's own killer cells to destroy cancer cells. Other supplements like vitamin E are known to cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body's normal method of disposing of damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells.

15. Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit. A proactive and positive spirit will help the cancer warrior be a survivor. Anger, unforgiveness and bitterness put the body into a stressful and acidic environment. Learn to have a loving and forgiving spirit. Learn to relax and enjoy life.

16. Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated e nvironment. Exercising daily, and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular level. Oxygen therapy is another means employed to destroy cancer cells.

(PLEASE FORWARD IT TO PEOPLE YOU CARE ABOUT)

CANCER UPDATE FROM JOHN HOPKINS HOSPITAL , U S - PLEASE READ

1. No plastic containers in micro.

2. No water bottles in freezer.

3. No plastic wrap in microwave.

Johns Hopkins has recently sent this out in its newsletters. This information is being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center as well.
    Dioxin chemicals causes cancer, especially breast cancer.
    Dioxins are highly poisonous to the cells of our bodies.
    Don't freeze your plastic bottles with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic.
    Recently, Dr. Edward Fujimoto, Wellness Program Manager at Castle Hospital , was on a TV program to explain this health hazard. He talked about dioxins and how bad they are for us. He said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave using plastic containers.
    This especially applies to foods that contain fat. He said that the combination of fat, high heat, and plastics releases dioxin into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body. Instead, he recommends using glass, such as Corning Ware, Pyrex or ceramic containers for heating food. You get the same results, only without the dioxin. So such things as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups, etc., should be removed from the con tainer and heated in something else.
    Paper isn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper. It's just safer to use tempered glass, Corning Ware, etc. He reminded us that a while ago some of the fast food restaurants moved away from the foam containers to paper. The dioxin problem is one of the reasons.

Also, he pointed out that plastic wrap, such as Saran, is just as dangerous when placed over foods to be cooked in the microwave. As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually melt out of the plastic wrap
    and drip into the food. Cover food with a paper towel instead.

Thank you Ali

I have read this somewhere before. I just e-mailed it to her. She is and has been a smoker for probably 40 years. Obviously a major factor in this.

But it surprised me that it turned out to be malignant, because we have no history of cancer in our family, ecept after the age of 75-80. She is 60 as of October.

I am 100% against Chemo. And I believe that she is also. I have just read many great things about high IU doses of Vit C working as an alternative to Chemo.

Because unlike Chemo drugs Vit C only attacks the Cancer cells and not the healthy ones.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Hi jj78 really sorry to hear that about your mother i hope it all goes well for her and your family.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    depending on the cell-type of the cancer, chemotherapy may not be the traditional type with severe side effects. i suggest you wait for the doctors to come to a complete diagnosis and prognosis before considering treatment options.

good luck.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I will keep her in my prayers. Every little bit helps..

red_hulk is offline Member
    Don't really know one way or the other, just wanted to say I'm sorry for what you're going through and I hope the best! God bless.

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    I for some reason have had a lot of people around me battle cancer.

breast/lung/lymphnode.

chemo sucks, definately. BUT - if it hasnt' mastitsized, there's a good chance of winning the battle.

A friend of mine just had a mastectomy, went thru chemo/radiation. if she didn't she would not be around right now. Vit C wouldn't have done a thing for her.

What I do believe in, is the traditional western medicine way (chemo, radiation, surgery) BUT also team it up with exercise, nutrition, homeopathics, spiritual (doesn't have to be religious).

I wish your mom all the best and I hope you keep strong for her. It's a nasty battle. I do think though that the media has made out people going thru treatment to be far more sick than what i've seen personally. Almost overblown for story lines in movies/tv.... (but, everyone does react differently)

Thank you guys. She is fighting with the insurance company to approve the PET scan. Fu**ng insurance.

The PET scan will determine if it has metastisis anywhere else. Hopefully done today. It is non small cell carcinoma. So this is better than small cell.

Chemo is just sooo bad. It kills everything and usually if you go into remission it comes back within 2 years.

Making a meal plan and excerise paln for her now. She doesnt eat bad, but not good either. Not ur typical fast food diet. They make all their meals, but do eat fatty shit sometimes.

Freaks me out cause I smoked for about 17 years.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ78
    Thank you Ali

I have read this somewhere before. I just e-mailed it to her. She is and has been a smoker for probably 40 years. Obviously a major factor in this.

But it surprised me that it turned out to be malignant, because we have no history of cancer in our family, ecept after the age of 75-80. She is 60 as of October.
    Familial hx is only one factor and an absence thereof does not preclude the possibility of carcinomas.

Has the histopathology (squamous vs. non squamous) of your mother's disease been confirmed yet and is the cell line oat cell (small cell) or non small cell adenocarcinoma? Has any staging been preformed and is resection possible (i.e. are there positive margins for the primary mass to be removed surgically by sleeve resection, wedge resection, or lobectomy)?

I have yet to see intravenous vitamin C (IVC) to be used at bedside. All data to my knowledge thus far has been bench based or translational. Preliminary data is reassuring however as there may be some merit to IVC.

AdrenalineJunkie is offline Associate Member
    Thank you guys. She is fighting with the insurance company to approve the PET scan. Fu**ng insurance.

The PET scan will determine if it has metastisis anywhere else. Hopefully done today. It is non small cell carcinoma. So this is better than small cell.

Chemo is just sooo bad. It kills everything and usually if you go into remission it comes back within 2 years.

Making a meal plan and excerise paln for her now. She doesnt eat bad, but not good either. Not ur typical fast food diet. They make all their meals, but do eat fatty shit sometimes.

Freaks me out cause I smoked for about 17 years.
    Sorry to hear about your mother, best wishes. It sucks she has to fight with the insurance company and this is becoming more and more prevalent daily. I work in insurance and hear about the health insurance struggles daily. Fact of the matter is everyone in the health insurance realm is only focused on themselves right now. With obama care and countless state wide government health care programs in motion the industry fears for their jobs. With government run health insurance it would abolish all carriers and agents from health insurance. Thats a lot of people nervous about losing their jobs and unfortunately its affecting people like your mom. Insurance companies are fighting more than they ever have because if they become obsolete they want to go out with as much as they possibly can. I hope they come to their senses and your mom gets the care she needs and makes a strong recovery. Hang in there!

She asked the doctor how much the scan would be if she paid out of pocket, $3-$5 K

She asked the doctor how much the scan would be if she paid out of pocket, $3-$5 K
    Independent centers will charge less if you can find one outside a hospital. Academic centers and hospitals inflate their diagnostic rates. A dual modality scan such as a PET-CT will run higher than a single modality scan.

So now the insurance has approved the scan. F*ckin dragging their heels. Man this shit pisses me off. Why the F*ck do we pay for insurance, if as soon as we need it, they delay shit.

It pisses me off that the few of us that actually work, pay taxes, pay for insurance do everything right, end up getting f*cked around with in the end.
    Something in this country needs to change. We have to quit giving people fee rides.

So now the insurance has approved the scan. F*ckin dragging their heels. Man this shit pisses me off. Why the F*ck do we pay for insurance, if as soon as we need it, they delay shit.

It pisses me off that the few of us that actually work, pay taxes, pay for insurance do everything right, end up getting f*cked around with in the end.
    Something in this country needs to change. We have to quit giving people fee rides.
    Insurance is in the business of making money. Sad but true. IPAs are even worse. We have one in California that no longer pays for cancer meds - which make up about 85% of treatment costs in cancer tx. Explain that one to me!

They make plenty of money. If someone has been giving them $500-$1000 a month for years. There should be no delay. It took them almost 60 hours to approve the scan

They make plenty of money. If someone has been giving them $500-$1000 a month for years. There should be no delay. It took them almost 60 hours to approve the scan
    Agreed, but insurance will always be a "negative investment". The companies take hundreds of dollars in premiums monthly, reinvest those dollars to make billions and then hesitate when the time comes to reimburse medical costs. I have no love for the insurance industry.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk

Insurance is in the business of making money. Sad but true. IPAs are even worse. We have one in California that no longer pays for cancer meds - which make up about 85% of treatment costs in cancer tx. Explain that one to me!
    Yes insurance is the business of making money, however, insurance is an industry that thrives off the economy. You would actually be surprised to find out you're wrong that they make plenty of money. Yes, people may pay in month after month, year after year but quite frankly it only takes a couple nasty claims for all the profit to be wiped away and drastically exceeded. It really isn't premiums that make insurance their money. In the past, insurance companies took your premiums and invested it. Across the board they were losing money in claims paid out vs. Premium taken in, but they didn't give a crap because they made everything back and plenty on top in their investments. Fast forward to now, the insurance company is still losing money on claims, but with the economy where its at, they are upside down on their investments as well. They turned a blind eye to a lot in the past but not anymore. Carriers are cutting costs everywhere they can to stay afloat. Its a bad situation for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk

Agreed, but insurance will always be a "negative investment". The companies take hundreds of dollars in premiums monthly, reinvest those dollars to make billions and then hesitate when the time comes to reimburse medical costs. I have no love for the insurance industry.
    Yea this is pretty accurate. But its smart business. Without the investments the premiums would skyrocket. It's a shame situations like this occur but it'll be devastating if they cant find a way to start turning those profits again. The more profitable they are, the better it is for everyone. Its times like now when they are losing money where we are most vulnerable to them... im not saying anyone needs to like insurance, but the better off they are, we are.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrenalineJunkie

Yea this is pretty accurate. But its smart business. Without the investments the premiums would skyrocket. It's a shame situations like this occur but it'll be devastating if they cant find a way to start turning those profits again. The more profitable they are, the better it is for everyone. Its times like now when they are losing money where we are most vulnerable to them... im not saying anyone needs to like insurance, but the better off they are, we are.
    Absolutely! It's a brilliant business model and I agree that a down turn in the economy has a definite impact on their retained earnings, but I would expect their investment portfolios to be leveraged well against such market turmoil. That doesn't mean they would be immune to loses but I'm sure they manage their portfolios well with safe harbors during periods of economic slides.

In theory, you would expect that higher returns on their investment strategies would prompt rate reductions but I've yet to see that happen personally or as a business owner.

Great topic for discussion but I don't want to derail OP's thread.

JJ, I posted earlier in this thread. I'm involved in a lot of cancer research, work at several cancer clinics and have lost family members to HCC, MGB, CRC, and SMLC.

Thread Information