Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Israel

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member

Israel

The Israel and Hamas stuff going on, some of the reporting and comments made by the some in the media are mind-blowing!
    How can anyone say Israel's response is too vicious? Would ours (the U.S.) be any less? Of course not, it would probably be even more brutal. The idea by some of the media that Hamas should be treated as an independent justified group is insane. These people execute people on the street without a trial, they torture captured Israelis and purposely target civilians. In my opinion, Hamas and groups like this represent pure evil and those that support them aren't much better.

Here's Hamas in action today, this is how they deal with people:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	628x471.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	129405

There was another pic Anderson Cooper posted earlier today of the six executed men in the street...pulled from a van and executed while the crowd chanted to torture them more first, even the little cute Hamas children. Looks like it's been taken down though, pretty graphic but maybe it'll pop back up here in a day or so.

Anyway, this is a news story and it's not getting the attention it deserves in the U.S. We're too worried about going to Chili's on the weekend and watching reality TV. Really getting sick of some of our pathetic people in this country.

red_hulk is offline Member
    We need to stay out of that shit and let them take care of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by red_hulk View Post
    We need to stay out of that shit and let them take care of themselves.
    And they could easily handle it. In fact, I'd say they could end it very quickly if it weren't from the enormous amount of international pressure and groups like the U.N. also known as the most pathetic institution ever created interfering by berating them and calling them criminals for defending themselves.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Mate if anything in my view isreal is in the wrong they are the aggressor just look back at the history of the region. I argee with what you said about the un. But i am nither jew nor arab so i dont pay much attention to the troubels of that region. Thats a hole lot of worms that i dont want to no about.

I'm not going to get into it because it is very touchy and I don't mean to offend anyone, but I will say this: Israel is wrong and the United States has made one of its biggest mistakes by backing them in the first place. They stole land and we said they could. That's my .02 and I could get into it but I don't like talking about topics that can easily offend others

On the issue of offending people, sure I realize a lot of people get offended easily when it comes to topics like this, but I also believe we (society as a whole) have let this don't offend thing get way out of hand. There's a difference in having varying opinions that others might disagree with and saying things simply out of anger and spite simply to hurt someone. Big difference.

Second thing, if the Palestinians were there first, by this reasoning if native Americans started bombing New York and Washington D.C. we should just all say that's OK, they were here first.

On that same note, the Jews were in Israel long before any arab or muslim people. Where this idea that arabs or muslims were there first came from I don't know. The nation of Israel was founded 2000 years before Islam became a religion and became a nation inhabited by Jews somewhere around 1300 or 1400b.c. The Palestinian label on a specific group of arabs did not exist until the mid-1900's.

On the issue of Israel starting this conflict, Hamas fired more than 800 missals into Israel targeting any and all Jews in the last year alone. That's not counting the massive attack in the last few days. Second issue, Hamas is getting their weapons directly from Iran that is funneling them in through Egypt.

How has Israel started this? They don't want war, they're not the ones crying for it.

Just curious are you a child of mosses? You seem so passionate about this situation.

kmms is offline Productive Member
    i'm no jew and i dislike most of the israelis that visit here, i just want them to sort that shit out and do it quickly. i've got no time for groups of people who despise education, bathing and general public courtesies so i'm not going to lose a minute of sleep when israel drops the hammer. wouldn't bother me one bit if it was a double KO. can't remember the last time that less significant people caused more world wide grief than these two.

lol@ them stealing land. find me a country who hasn't stolen some land from someone and i'll show you some people who have had their land stolen from them. blame the brits for drawing arbitrary lines on the map, not the US.

No I'm just a regular white guy. But the issue is an important one IMO.

If native Americans did come and decide to attack, it would be our problem. No one else's.

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    On the issue of offending people, sure I realize a lot of people get offended easily when it comes to topics like this, but I also believe we (society as a whole) have let this don't offend thing get way out of hand. There's a difference in having varying opinions that others might disagree with and saying things simply out of anger and spite simply to hurt someone. Big difference.

Second thing, if the Palestinians were there first, by this reasoning if native Americans started bombing New York and Washington D.C. we should just all say that's OK, they were here first.

On that same note, the Jews were in Israel long before any arab or muslim people. Where this idea that arabs or muslims were there first came from I don't know. The nation of Israel was founded 2000 years before Islam became a religion and became a nation inhabited by Jews somewhere around 1300 or 1400b.c. The Palestinian label on a specific group of arabs did not exist until the mid-1900's.

On the issue of Israel starting this conflict, Hamas fired more than 800 missals into Israel targeting any and all Jews in the last year alone. That's not counting the massive attack in the last few days. Second issue, Hamas is getting their weapons directly from Iran that is funneling them in through Egypt.

How has Israel started this? They don't want war, they're not the ones crying for it.
    Explain to me how the goings on between the two parties in any possible way affects the national security of the contiguous United States homeland? Since it most certainly does not, our country has no reason expending assets, money, or sending our Secretary of State there to play referee. Let them sort these problems out on their own. There is really no distinction between Israelites and Arabs who are from that region, they are ALL semitic peoples. You are simply talking about people with differing viewpoints, but all of the same ethnicity and have shared the same lands for thousands of years. While one may have been more dominant than the other at various points through history, no one was particularly dominant enough to lay claim to it.

Your argument supposes that for instance, the Anglo-Saxons have a legitimate right to the United Kingdom, they were after all, there 2000 years before the present day peoples who inhabit the United Kingdom. Or wait, if there are people with surviving Roman lineage, then they have the legitimate right to attack Italy, Turkey(formerly Gaul), and Thrace(Bulgaria,Greece,&Turkey). It's an absurd argument.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    Explain to me how the goings on between the two parties in any possible way affects the national security of the contiguous United States homeland? Since it most certainly does not, our country has no reason expending assets, money, or sending our Secretary of State there to play referee. Let them sort these problems out on their own. There is really no distinction between Israelites and Arabs who are from that region, they are ALL semitic peoples. You are simply talking about people with differing viewpoints, but all of the same ethnicity and have shared the same lands for thousands of years. While one may have been more dominant than the other at various points through history, no one was particularly dominant enough to lay claim to it.

Your argument supposes that for instance, the Anglo-Saxons have a legitimate right to the United Kingdom, they were after all, there 2000 years before the present day peoples who inhabit the United Kingdom. Or wait, if there are people with surviving Roman lineage, then they have the legitimate right to attack Italy, Turkey(formerly Gaul), and Thrace(Bulgaria,Greece,&Turkey). It's an absurd argument.
    Because we (administration) seem to think they need to police the who world and it's just another way to add a few more trillion to the deficit helping prove the need to raise the debt ceiling instead of curbing spending.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 11-21-2012 at 03:35 AM.

Your wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!gaul was france/belgium/swiss

Turkey was byzanitine and later ottomon empire..

When I started this thread I never said the U.S. needed to intervene. Israel is one of our strongest allies but I would imagine they can handle Hamas fairly well on their own. However, that wasn't the point of the thread. The point of the thread was discussing or trying to understand how or why many people feel Israel has no right to defend itself or that their response has been overkill.

On another note, while it's a Hamas attack it's really an Iranian attack since they're funding the entire thing and providing every last weapon and bomb. That could potentially lead to a much larger conflict and one that would probably see the U.S. involved in a heavy way. If it were to reach that point, we'd see a bigger war than we've seen in decades.

When I started this thread I never said the U.S. needed to intervene. Israel is one of our strongest allies but I would imagine they can handle Hamas fairly well on their own. However, that wasn't the point of the thread. The point of the thread was discussing or trying to understand how or why many people feel Israel has no right to defend itself or that their response has been overkill.

On another note, while it's a Hamas attack it's really an Iranian attack since they're funding the entire thing and providing every last weapon and bomb. That could potentially lead to a much larger conflict and one that would probably see the U.S. involved in a heavy way. If it were to reach that point, we'd see a bigger war than we've seen in decades.

Oh please america has been a big problem for years. They supplied both sides during the iran/iraq war they supplied the afgans when they were at war with soviets. Plus all the central american countries.

Ive never understood foriegn policy.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries

No they can't handle Hamas and never will, the jews will never ever never win this, its just not possible. Unless they have a massive amount of luck along with killing every single muslim/arab on the planet because let me tell you this, unless israel kill every muslim on the planet they they will be open for attack..

Btw, i take it you didn't know that anyone visiting israel and their own people can be arrested and held in jail without charge, thats a fact.
    Do not ask me for a source check.

Blog Entries
    For once one of our very well respected politicians telling the truth...

Just listen to his words...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMGuY...eature=related

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Sounds like the blame game is going on. Blame those damned Jewish people. Blame the Palestinians. Blame Hamas! Blame Iran. Blame Egypt! Maybe someday everyone will cease blaming each other and try to get along. But I doubt it...

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    We never ever will see peace in Israel..... That's not possible.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 38jumper38 View Post
    We never ever will see peace in Israel..... That's not possible.....
    Sadly i think your right mate but i believe neither side really wants peace...

Both sides want's one thing: "The Holy Land"
    and they will died for.
    It's just a matter of when......
    Palestine does not have the power to do so. Can't kill a Lion with a needle,
    they will hurt him little by little, (fear, economy, tourism), until the lion stop bite back.
    The Lion can just kill (wipe out) is aggressor...so the fight continue forever....
    Until the Day of "WHEN".......

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 38jumper38 View Post
    Both sides want's one thing: "The Holy Land"
    and they will died for.
    It's just a matter of when......
    Palestine does not have the power to do so. Can't kill a Lion with a needle,
    they will hurt him little by little, (fear, economy, tourism), until the lion stop bite back.
    The Lion can just kill (wipe out) is aggressor...so the fight continue forever....
    Until the Day of "WHEN".......
    Well the minuet israel let go of the US, many believe the US is run and dictated to by the israelis? If this is the case then as soon as theres another world power, in 20 years time many predict China will be the number one country in the world and they have a different view...

If the US economy ever collapses and they ever go the same way as Russia did just a few years ago then you may see an end to israels dominance in that region. They will never be destroyed as they have far to many nukes for someone to attempt that but they will have no choice imo but to behave themselves...

Its funny because i believe Iran should be allowed to have their own nuke and trust me they one day will, but so many are against it. This does puzzle me because the US, UK and israel have hundreds of nukes, why are we more trusted to have them and not Iran? look back over the last hundred years and see how many wars and countries we've invaded, then look at how many countries Iran have attack in the last hundred years, not a single one....
    Last edited by Matt; 11-21-2012 at 12:18 PM.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    So whats the answer to stop all this fighting?

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    send in the gays. we will redecorate.

[QUOTE=Matt;6269264]

This does puzzle me because the US, UK and israel have hundreds of nukes, why are we more trusted to have them and not Iran?

For the simple reason that even though we have them and have never used them since the end of WW2, against another nation, we don't go around threatening to use them on an enemy the second we get them like Mahmoud Im-A-nut-Job the pres of Iran has promised on many occasions. He has said he will use them to wipe Israel off the map. And that is what makes him scary to the world.

Blog Entries
    Is there an answer mate??

The israelis want slightly bigger state than they have now and peace. They will not and never agree to the Palestinians having their own state and this is where they fail.

The Palestinians want all their land back and wish to be recognised as a state, they most likely will never get that so they fail too.....

You would think the answer is simple, divide the land equally but neither side wants this.......

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

The israelis want slightly bigger state than they have now and peace. They will not and never agree to the Palestinians having their own state and this is where they fail.

The Palestinians want all their land back and wish to be recognised as a state, they most likely will never get that so they fail too.....

You would think the answer is simple, divide the land equally but neither side wants this.......
    So will there ever an end result>?

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Shol'va;6269289]

This does puzzle me because the US, UK and israel have hundreds of nukes, why are we more trusted to have them and not Iran?

For the simple reason that even though we have them and have never used them since the end of WW2, against another nation, we don't go around threatening to use them on an enemy the second we get them like Mahmoud Im-A-nut-Job the pres of Iran has promised on many occasions. He has said he will use them to wipe Israel off the map. And that is what makes him scary to the world.
    Did you hear him say that? Interested to know where he has ever said that??

Have we never threatened to do the same? Never threatened Russia in any way? Or north Korea??

The world said India must never have the bomb, they got it and have never used it, the world said Pakistan should never get the bomb, i remember the press here in the UK saying we would be doomed if Pakistan got the bomb. They have hundreds and have never used them. The world said that the evil North Koreans should never get the bomb, they have and guess what??

The fact is this, as soon as Iran do get the bomb, which they will they can no longer be threatened by israel, there will now be a level playing field where all things are qual and israel just don't want things to be all qual......

Blog Entries
    So will there ever an end result>?
    I would love to think there would be a peaceful end one day, these things can't go on forever as history has shown us....

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    All i know is this...If some jerk offs got together after a war and said oh you xyz people were done wrong ..here we are gonna give you this country..its now yours **** the people who lived here before. You can just have it. Well Id be pretty damn pissed if thats where I previously lived. Esecially given the hatred the people given the land displayed twords my religious beliefs.
    Thats where israel came from. The US and the UK manipulated the UN to "give"the land to the ïsraelis" post WW2. See if the UN did it ..the UK or US wouldnt/couldnt be held accountable.
    The US will forever back the israelis ...they are our only solid ally in the middle east and there are several political as well as financial reasons we will never not side with them or support them. There is some inane idea that we "need" them.
    Honestly I couldnt give a damn other than the stupid policies of the US re the matter make me angry, but lets see it for what it is and think about the resentment and anger you would have if if you lived in Palestine and one day someone came in and said oh these guys gave this to us ..GTFO ....

Hey Matt the sad thing is that you and I can't control anything but ourselves in all this mess. It's like the people all want peace but our governments don't. War is a big profitable business at the cost of us common folk. They send us in to fight the wars they start. It all sucks but what's a person to do? I'd prefer Iran not to get a nuke as too many nations already have them. All it takes is one trigger finger to start a war of no return. But it's not just that. Lets say Iran sells a few of the bombs to radicals against England and they set one off in Piccadilly Square. What do you think would be the response from England? I think that is the main objection most have to Iran or any other nation for that matter to acquire any nuclear bombs. And history shows that even though we, the US and Briton And Russia, although we have had the bombs since the 40's, they have never been sold to any underground group to be used against another nation. And with Mahmoud being all over the place in his talks, it's difficult to tell where he really is on the serious issues of this type. I'm sure he will eventually get the bomb if they don't already have a working one. To me though it just makes the world that much more dangerous a place to live in.

Agree with you 100% on this words (wise said)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    Hey Matt the sad thing is that you and I can't control anything but ourselves in all this mess. It's like the people all want peace but our governments don't. War is a big profitable business at the cost of us common folk. They send us in to fight the wars they start. It all sucks but what's a person to do? I'd prefer Iran not to get a nuke as too many nations already have them. All it takes is one trigger finger to start a war of no return. But it's not just that. Lets say Iran sells a few of the bombs to radicals against England and they set one off in Piccadilly Square. What do you think would be the response from England? I think that is the main objection most have to Iran or any other nation for that matter to acquire any nuclear bombs. And history shows that even though we, the US and Briton And Russia, although we have had the bombs since the 40's, they have never been sold to any underground group to be used against another nation. And with Mahmoud being all over the place in his talks, it's difficult to tell where he really is on the serious issues of this type. I'm sure he will eventually get the bomb if they don't already have a working one. To me though it just makes the world that much more dangerous a place to live in.
    Sorry but i don't agree, Iran haven't attacked another country in hundreds of years and believe if they want a nuke then who are we to argue, and what right do we have in dictating who has the right too have them??

Blog Entries
    As of about an hour ago a ceasefire was declared, as it was 4 years ago after israelis invasion of Gaza.

The ceasefire will not last and they will be back to square one...

In the quiet period now israel can concentrate its efforts in bombing Iran, such a peaceful race those israelis....

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    I say we just leave them be. Keep our noses out of everyone's business.

The USA had its civil war.... Every nation goes through it.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicotine View Post
    I say we just leave them be. Keep our noses out of everyone's business.

The USA had its civil war.... Every nation goes through it.
    We are already involved in this though. US aid is financing the Israeli government. So as long as we're footing the bill, we're involved.

As of about an hour ago a ceasefire was declared, as it was 4 years ago after israelis invasion of Gaza.

The ceasefire will not last and they will be back to square one...

In the quiet period now israel can concentrate its efforts in bombing Iran, such a peaceful race those israelis....
    You seem very passionate Matt about this subject, does it interest you alot or just current affairs in general?

Mark5 is offline Associate Member
    [QUOTE=Matt;6269306]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post

Did you hear him say that? Interested to know where he has ever said that??

Have we never threatened to do the same? Never threatened Russia in any way? Or north Korea??

The world said India must never have the bomb, they got it and have never used it, the world said Pakistan should never get the bomb, i remember the press here in the UK saying we would be doomed if Pakistan got the bomb. They have hundreds and have never used them. The world said that the evil North Koreans should never get the bomb, they have and guess what??

The fact is this, as soon as Iran do get the bomb, which they will they can no longer be threatened by israel, there will now be a level playing field where all things are qual and israel just don't want things to be all qual......
    From Wikipedia:

December 2006 Holocaust denial conference

Main article: International Conference to Review the Global Vision of the Holocaust

On 11 December 2006, at the International Conference to Review the Global Vision of the Holocaust," a gathering of Holocaust deniers in Tehran, Ahmadinejad said: "Thanks to people's wishes and God's will the trend for the existence of the Zionist regime is [headed] downwards and this is what God has promised and what all nations want. The Zionist regime will be wiped out soon the same way the Soviet Union was, and humanity will achieve freedom."[12]

On Israel's 60th birthday, Ahmadinejad said:
    Those who think they can revive the stinking corpse of the usurping and fake Israeli regime by throwing a birthday party are seriously mistaken. Today the reason for the Zionist regime's existence is questioned, and this regime is on its way to annihilation."[13]
    Ahmadinejad also stated that Israel "has reached the end like a dead rat after being slapped by the Lebanese." Later, he said: "The Zionist regime is dying," and "The criminals imagine that by holding celebrations (...) they can save the Zionist regime from death." Ahmadinejad also stated that "They should know that regional nations hate this fake and criminal regime and if the smallest and briefest chance is given to regional nations they will destroy (it)".[14]
    In his address to the 2008 United Nations General Assembly, Ahmadinejad said that "today the Zionist regime is on a definite slope to collapse."[15]

In July 2012, ahead of Qods Day, Ahmdainejad said that "any freedom lover and justice seeker in the world must do its best for the annihilation of the Zionist regime in order to pave the path for the establishment of justice and freedom in the world," and that the ultimate objective of world forces must be the annihilation of the "Zionist regime". Ahmadinejad added that “the Zionist regime is both the symbol of the hegemony of the Zionism over the world and the means in the hand of the oppressor powers for expansion of their hegemony in the region and in the world” and that "liberating Palestine" would solve all of the world's problems. Ahmadinejad also made allegations and repeated traditional anti-Semitic slurs that "Zionists" control the world's media and financial systems, and that a "horrible Zionist current" had been managing world affairs for "about 400 years."[16][17][18][19]

In August 2012, at an annual protest against the existence of Israel,[20] Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said that "the very existence of the Zionist regime is an insult to humanity" and that "the Zionist regime and the Zionists are a cancerous tumor. Even if one cell of them is left in one inch of (Palestinian) land, in the future this story (of Israel's existence) will repeat."[21] Ahmadinejad also said that Israel would soon be finished off, and that “the nations of the region will soon finish off the usurper Zionists in the Palestinian land".[20] Ahmadinejad added that "it is dangerous if even 10% of the territory is given to the Zionists." Ahmadinejad also said, "The western powers cannot tolerate criticism of the Zionist regime. They feel compelled to defend it."[22]

Blog Entries
    You seem very passionate Matt about this subject, does it interest you alot or just current affairs in general?
    I am very passionate especially when it comes to the situation in the middle east but politics and current affair interest me...

Everyone should especially be interested in politics, politicians run our lives....

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Mark5;6269491]

From Wikipedia:

December 2006 Holocaust denial conference

Main article: International Conference to Review the Global Vision of the Holocaust

On 11 December 2006, at the International Conference to Review the Global Vision of the Holocaust," a gathering of Holocaust deniers in Tehran, Ahmadinejad said: "Thanks to people's wishes and God's will the trend for the existence of the Zionist regime is [headed] downwards and this is what God has promised and what all nations want. The Zionist regime will be wiped out soon the same way the Soviet Union was, and humanity will achieve freedom."[12]

On Israel's 60th birthday, Ahmadinejad said:
    Those who think they can revive the stinking corpse of the usurping and fake Israeli regime by throwing a birthday party are seriously mistaken. Today the reason for the Zionist regime's existence is questioned, and this regime is on its way to annihilation."[13]
    Ahmadinejad also stated that Israel "has reached the end like a dead rat after being slapped by the Lebanese." Later, he said: "The Zionist regime is dying," and "The criminals imagine that by holding celebrations (...) they can save the Zionist regime from death." Ahmadinejad also stated that "They should know that regional nations hate this fake and criminal regime and if the smallest and briefest chance is given to regional nations they will destroy (it)".[14]
    In his address to the 2008 United Nations General Assembly, Ahmadinejad said that "today the Zionist regime is on a definite slope to collapse."[15]

In July 2012, ahead of Qods Day, Ahmdainejad said that "any freedom lover and justice seeker in the world must do its best for the annihilation of the Zionist regime in order to pave the path for the establishment of justice and freedom in the world," and that the ultimate objective of world forces must be the annihilation of the "Zionist regime". Ahmadinejad added that “the Zionist regime is both the symbol of the hegemony of the Zionism over the world and the means in the hand of the oppressor powers for expansion of their hegemony in the region and in the world” and that "liberating Palestine" would solve all of the world's problems. Ahmadinejad also made allegations and repeated traditional anti-Semitic slurs that "Zionists" control the world's media and financial systems, and that a "horrible Zionist current" had been managing world affairs for "about 400 years."[16][17][18][19]

In August 2012, at an annual protest against the existence of Israel,[20] Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said that "the very existence of the Zionist regime is an insult to humanity" and that "the Zionist regime and the Zionists are a cancerous tumor. Even if one cell of them is left in one inch of (Palestinian) land, in the future this story (of Israel's existence) will repeat."[21] Ahmadinejad also said that Israel would soon be finished off, and that “the nations of the region will soon finish off the usurper Zionists in the Palestinian land".[20] Ahmadinejad added that "it is dangerous if even 10% of the territory is given to the Zionists." Ahmadinejad also said, "The western powers cannot tolerate criticism of the Zionist regime. They feel compelled to defend it."[22]
    Lets just pretend for one minuet he actually said these words i see no problem with them. When in 1940 many western leaders called for the destruction of the Nazi regime that didn't mean if we could we would of wiped Germany off the map killing every German, the removal of the nazi party, by force if necessary is all that was needed...

The crimes israel commits on a daily basis puts them on par with the Nazis as so elegantly put by Sir Gerald Kaufman a jew himself. So Ahmadinejad would like to see the destruction of the zionist regime, i too would. I would like to see an israel that respects all human life, whether they be christians muslims or hindus. I would love to see an israel that respects it neighbours and respects their right to live in peace and to be free......

There are also documents that can be produced which clearly advocate the destruction of all muslims that boarder israel made by senior israelis politicians but i chose not to believe everything i read...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information