Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Atomini, you got lucky there with it just being a cheap rip you had to replace. On my 16th Bday, I got my DL, and proceeded to that night take my dad's car out (without his permission of course), got drunk and accidently hit the curb hard. Bent the rim and strut in addition to ruining the tie rod. I replaced the rim and strut immediately, but I didn't fix the tie rod for a few weeks. The wheel would wobble while I drove and when I finally went to change the tie rod, it completely broke while I was taking it apart.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Wheel wobble, Oh the memories such as jumping off a 4ft ditch in my 1967 Camaro doing 80 mph doing an actual Endo where it stood straight up on the nose, fell on the drivers side and blew out 2 tires. Young dumb and driving like an idtion with about 100 witnesses to the accident on a busy hwy. Long story short I had one spare and found another one after getting towed to a near by town and drove another 100+ miles home like a crab. lol

Another fun night in the same 1967 Camaro doing 90+ going around a slight curve I felt a little shift/wobble so I slowed down to about 60 mph but when I put on the brake and the peddle went to the floor I got a little worried since I had just missed my turn. Next thing I know my passenger is asking me what that was as we see something pass the car on the drivers side. BTW it's 2am Friday night. I said that was my rear wheel. My passenger LOL and said No really what was that as my rear axle dropped to the pavement and we came to a quick stop. Actually it was my Rear wheel and axle shaft. Damn C clips. lol

Atomini is offline Banned
    Man, those stories make me cringe.

And LOL, every drive home I turn into that turn I smacked the curb on and i've noticed a big chunk of the curb gone where I hit it. I have also noticed tire marks and curb chips on that corner, probably because its a common curb that people have smashed into in the past lol.

Saltydog87 is offline New Member
    U need a good rim job

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information