Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.

Picking up out and about

I was out last night, ive recently gone through a break up (I met her threw a friend). I knew i have to start getting amonst it again. Before i got into a relationship with her i was bad at picking up in clubs etc. Can anyone else relate to this?

It just shits me when i do have a phew girls on the side that i know threw different circmustances, and they ask did i get lucky last night and i reply, nah i didnt, and they say your a hot guy, (yes i am shredded also) they cant believe i didnt.

I just can't put my finger on why i sturggle in these sort of scenarios, dont get me wrong im not one of those guys thats stands around in the club and just hope that a girl walks up to me, i do start convos etc, but 95% leads no where. Put me in different places like more 1 on 1 or hanging out at a house or just meeting her threw friends of friend i believe i do alot better. I think it just comes naturally for some and others do struggle, all i know is that when im out with other mates everything just flows for them, and i always ask myself what am i doing wrong?

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    What offten works for me is the old fashioned way of treat em mean keep em keen. Youl be right bro just wear some nice snake skin shoes and armani suit and youl rake through the quiff bro.

Seems like you need more confidence mate women seem to respond to it.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    What offten works for me is the old fashioned way of treat em mean keep em keen. Youl be right bro just wear some nice snake skin shoes and armani suit and youl rake through the quiff bro.
    I don't know where ur from but snake skin boots arent in style
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Bigshotvictoria is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    I don't know where ur from but snake skin boots arent in style
    They're not!?! My whole world is crumbling before my eyes.

Im from western australia snake skin shoes are heaps in style mate.

Check these out mate they go good with a versace suit.

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...evvsspQYFo#i=1

boz
    Seems like you need more confidence mate women seem to respond to it.
    I dont believe i lack it, its more the fact of drawing the line between being too cocky than coming across as confident.
    Last edited by boz; 12-09-2012 at 03:51 AM.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I honestly believe besides some people just having the gift of gab or a lot of confidence part of the confidence building may have been due to luck over the years or maybe not luck but their Ora.

I'm not a big believe in Ora and all that jazz but there must be something to it. In high school I had a buddy who could pick up most any girl anytime anywhere. He was NOT good looking, had bad acne and the IQ of a bowling ball. Seriosly we use to call him dummy to his face, it was his nick name and he answered to it 24/7 as if it was his name.

After getting to know a couple of the girls who went out with him but later came to their senses they all said the same thing that it's like there was just some sort of attraction they had not control over at first and they agreed he was not their type, he was not good looking and a dummy. lol I'm sure having some edge like that also helps someone confidence quite a bit.

It's also true though once you are with a girl or have gotten past the introduction and first date they/women are attracted to guys who dont treat them really good like they say they want. They like the bad boy and want to make him good. Only problem is if they do make him good then they aren't interested anymore unless they have also matured past that point.

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boz View Post
    I was out last night, ive recently gone through a break up (I met her threw a friend). I knew i have to start getting amonst it again. Before i got into a relationship with her i was bad at picking up in clubs etc. Can anyone else relate to this?

It just shits me when i do have a phew girls on the side that i know threw different circmustances, and they ask did i get lucky last night and i reply, nah i didnt, and they say your a hot guy, (yes i am shredded also) they cant believe i didnt.

I just can't put my finger on why i sturggle in these sort of scenarios, dont get me wrong im not one of those guys thats stands around in the club and just hope that a girl walks up to me, i do start convos etc, but 95% leads no where. Put me in different places like more 1 on 1 or hanging out at a house or just meeting her threw friends of friend i believe i do alot better. I think it just comes naturally for some and others do struggle, all i know is that when im out with other mates everything just flows for them, and i always ask myself what am i doing wrong?
    thats what i do and it works lol...

Anabolic4Health is offline Junior Member
    Just my $.02.

Keep your convos short. When I was single and hitting up the clubs I would always talk 10 mins to a chic and then tell her I gotta get back to my boys BUT u should swing by later on before u leave. I shit u not 9 out of 10 times the girl would come by like an hour later to where me and my boys would be. Then. Tell her the magic words "I'm really glad u came and found me". Then she is yours. If I was really into her I would tell her right at the bar I wanna see her again. Make plans right there.

Just keep the convo short. It's a club. Chics wanna dance. Just ask her questions about herself. Tell her she looks good. Get the digits and bounce.

Remember. It's a numbers game.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NRGman View Post
    Just my $.02.

Keep your convos short. When I was single and hitting up the clubs I would always talk 10 mins to a chic and then tell her I gotta get back to my boys BUT u should swing by later on before u leave. I shit u not 9 out of 10 times the girl would come by like an hour later to where me and my boys would be. Then. Tell her the magic words "I'm really glad u came and found me". Then she is yours. If I was really into her I would tell her right at the bar I wanna see her again. Make plans right there.

Just keep the convo short. It's a club. Chics wanna dance. Just ask her questions about herself. Tell her she looks good. Get the digits and bounce.

Remember. It's a numbers game.
    So true, the more numbers you have $$$ the better luck. lol Dress like you are rich.

The numbers I like to play are in Asia. Thailand and Philippines. #1 I am the foreigner so that's a BIG + #2 most every club I have gone into there are 7 girls for every boy. I can literally be the guy standing in the corner trying NOT to talk to anyone and will have a different girl coming over to talk to me ever 5 minutes if I tell the others to leave.

Im from western australia snake skin shoes are heaps in style mate.

Check these out mate they go good with a versace suit.

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...evvsspQYFo#i=1
    and your telling guys in the US to wear them. They are not is style here at all.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    and your telling guys in the US to wear them. They are not is style here at all.
    C'mon..I'm having tons of fun picturing the guy in his Armani suit, snake boots and 80's hair do with a rat tail out at the club creaping on hotties at the bar....

Reminds me of Night at the Roxbury lol

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Get's them in the car every time:

Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

DB1982 is offline Member
    I would say confidence and the ability to make them laugh are very important when trying to pick up.

If you can get them to relax and laugh then most of the time your in.

And for gods sake don't wear snake skin shoes.

DB1982 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Hahaha

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I honestly believe besides some people just having the gift of gab or a lot of confidence part of the confidence building may have been due to luck over the years or maybe not luck but their Ora.

I'm not a big believe in Ora and all that jazz but there must be something to it. In high school I had a buddy who could pick up most any girl anytime anywhere. He was NOT good looking, had bad acne and the IQ of a bowling ball. Seriosly we use to call him dummy to his face, it was his nick name and he answered to it 24/7 as if it was his name.

After getting to know a couple of the girls who went out with him but later came to their senses they all said the same thing that it's like there was just some sort of attraction they had not control over at first and they agreed he was not their type, he was not good looking and a dummy. lol I'm sure having some edge like that also helps someone confidence quite a bit.

It's also true though once you are with a girl or have gotten past the introduction and first date they/women are attracted to guys who dont treat them really good like they say they want. They like the bad boy and want to make him good. Only problem is if they do make him good then they aren't interested anymore unless they have also matured past that point.
    This is true I know guys who have no money no job or car.But they can talk the talk.Just shows me how dumb some women can be.Beacuse these women end up paying for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    C'mon..I'm having tons of fun picturing the guy in his Armani suit, snake boots and 80's hair do with a rat tail out at the club creaping on hotties at the bar....

Reminds me of Night at the Roxbury lol

Haha well 9 days till i go to new york city ill will make a thread next year and tell you all about my adventure. The shoes will be a massive hit i assure you. If i cant pick up its because of my small forearms and small calfs always been self consious about them.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic

Haha well 9 days till i go to new york city ill will make a thread next year and tell you all about my adventure. The shoes will be a massive hit i assure you. If i cant pick up its because of my small forearms and small calfs always been self consious about them.
    Are you sure it isn't a small something else?

i used to live in NYC. Unless you think your a pimp or a female from 2011 season snake skin is out.

canesfan804 is offline Member
    Boots and pants will cover your calfs right? Or do you wear shorts with boots? That would be AWESOME! They wont even notice your calfs then.

it's a numbers game. Talk to as many women as you can, for me it was about 1 in 20 that would respond when I was a teenager, and I was VERY shy and awkward. There are beautiful women that like the type of person that you are, it's just up to you to talk to them. it doesn't matter if you try and come off awkward and a little strange, there are women that love that. Getting rejected by the ones that don't hurts at first, but you get over it after a while. You just have to realize that you will be rejected by the majority. The more you try, the easier it becomes, and the better you get at it, and you'll find that a higher percentage respond well to you. I'd also suggest talking to as many random people as possible, hot female or not. Develop your social skills. This will help in life big time, not just with the ladies. You should also change your way of thinking; the bar is a terrible place to pick up women. You'll find you'll meet much higher quality women on the bus, at the park, the laundromat, etc... and a higher percentage of women will respond to you in these places. Forget what you see in the movies, walking up to a girl and telling her she's beautiful might work, but it's just as likely to creep the shite out of them. Just say "hi, my name is ______" and go from there. Or make a joke about how they fold their laundry, or offer to help them with their groceries into their car, or even better onto the bus. Being a cocky a-hole only gets retards, although D-bags that swear by that method love the morons they get with it. Women beautiful on both the inside and outside respond to CONFIDENCE, and talking to a girl trembling in fear is IMHO a show of immense inner strength and shows women that you can do what needs to be done, in the most primal way without being an arrogant dick.

On another note, try online dating. POF is a fantastic way to meet women who are looking to date. In addition, if you're a half decent looking dude, no matter how shy you are you will get prepositioned on a somewhat regular basis, all you need to do is show up. This is definitely a huge confidence builder, and gets you used to dating.

Picking up sluts at the bar is more likely to get you the clap than the satisfaction you need. Try dating bro, there's no obligation to get in a relationship, the quality is much better, and the sex is always better sober!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigshotvictoria View Post
    it's a numbers game. Talk to as many women as you can, for me it was about 1 in 20 that would respond when I was a teenager, and I was VERY shy and awkward. There are beautiful women that like the type of person that you are, it's just up to you to talk to them. it doesn't matter if you try and come off awkward and a little strange, there are women that love that. Getting rejected by the ones that don't hurts at first, but you get over it after a while. You just have to realize that you will be rejected by the majority. The more you try, the easier it becomes, and the better you get at it, and you'll find that a higher percentage respond well to you. I'd also suggest talking to as many random people as possible, hot female or not. Develop your social skills. This will help in life big time, not just with the ladies. You should also change your way of thinking; the bar is a terrible place to pick up women. You'll find you'll meet much higher quality women on the bus, at the park, the laundromat, etc... and a higher percentage of women will respond to you in these places. Forget what you see in the movies, walking up to a girl and telling her she's beautiful might work, but it's just as likely to creep the shite out of them. Just say "hi, my name is ______" and go from there. Or make a joke about how they fold their laundry, or offer to help them with their groceries into their car, or even better onto the bus. Being a cocky a-hole only gets retards, although D-bags that swear by that method love the morons they get with it. Women beautiful on both the inside and outside respond to CONFIDENCE, and talking to a girl trembling in fear is IMHO a show of immense inner strength and shows women that you can do what needs to be done, in the most primal way without being an arrogant dick.

On another note, try online dating. POF is a fantastic way to meet women who are looking to date. In addition, if you're a half decent looking dude, no matter how shy you are you will get prepositioned on a somewhat regular basis, all you need to do is show up. This is definitely a huge confidence builder, and gets you used to dating.

Picking up sluts at the bar is more likely to get you the clap than the satisfaction you need. Try dating bro, there's no obligation to get in a relationship, the quality is much better, and the sex is always better sober!!!!
    i agree with just about everything you said. The only thing i dont agree with is a better quality of women on the bus or laundry and such. Why? Cause girls who go to bars dont wash their clothes? Women at the park dont go out for a drink? There is no magic place to meet a women. There are good and bad at everyplace. I've picked up good and bad girls at the mall, and good and bad women at strip bars.

i agree with just about everything you said. The only thing i dont agree with is a better quality of women on the bus or laundry and such. Why? Cause girls who go to bars dont wash their clothes? Women at the park dont go out for a drink? There is no magic place to meet a women. There are good and bad at everyplace. I've picked up good and bad girls at the mall, and good and bad women at strip bars.
    You are right, I should clarify. There are amazing women that do go to the bar, but IMHO there is also a concentration of not so amazing. Yes, you can find these not so amazing women outside of the bar as well, but i've found the ratio of what I would feel is quality in the club becomes a little askew, and not for the better. I've also found that in my personal experience the quality girls in the club are typically not interested in being hit on, as it's so frequent for them there that it's just become annoying and they shut down the good along with the douche. I know many women that will attest to this. Of course thats not to say the bar culture in your neck of the woods is the same as mine. What I should have said is that, in my personal experience, you are MORE likely to have higher quality women respond to you in settings outside of the club. This I firmly believe, and for me and many others has turned out to be true both on paper and in practice.

You are right, I should clarify. There are amazing women that do go to the bar, but IMHO there is also a concentration of not so amazing. Yes, you can find these not so amazing women outside of the bar as well, but i've found the ratio of what I would feel is quality in the club becomes a little askew, and not for the better. I've also found that in my personal experience the quality girls in the club are typically not interested in being hit on, as it's so frequent for them there that it's just become annoying and they shut down the good along with the douche. I know many women that will attest to this. Of course thats not to say the bar culture in your neck of the woods is the same as mine. What I should have said is that, in my personal experience, you are MORE likely to have higher quality women respond to you in settings outside of the club. This I firmly believe, and for me and many others has turned out to be true both on paper and in practice.
    i see your point. And another difference is what you consider a bar or club. There are def different types and class of people in a rave club, sports bar, upscale martini bar. So to lump all bar or clubs together isnt correct either.

i see your point. And another difference is what you consider a bar or club. There are def different types and class of people in a rave club, sports bar, upscale martini bar. So to lump all bar or clubs together isnt correct either.
    Quite right my friend, in my mind a "club" is a night club, not a pub or a sports bar, which i find ARE good places to meet like minded women. If we're both cussing out poor Luongo because he can't carry the canucks through reg season AND playoffs, we have something to talk about

I consider a club a dance club, open late night, electronic, top 40, what people consider hip hop these days (it's not by the way, kids don't know real hip hop anymore). Women grinding on the dance floor, dudes with faux-hawks and mullets (really!?!) wearing Ed Hardy and Armani (take the sunglasses of dude, it's night time).

Their fun if you're in the mood for it, but not the best environment for picking up quality, and too much competition. how many guys in a club aren't trying to get laid?

Hydroponics is offline Associate Member
    Depending where u are you can try "Ayoo B****" or "Ay bay bay" if thats not good walk up and ask them how much a polar bear weighs? enough to break the ice.. Then introduce urself... Or if ur really confident and have some $, jus walk up and say "hey youre really beautiful, can i buy you a drink?" The hardest part is the initial fear or walking up... Then u gotta demonstrate how smooth and confident you are

Quote Originally Posted by Hydroponics View Post
    Depending where u are you can try "Ayoo B****" or "Ay bay bay" if thats not good walk up and ask them how much a polar bear weighs? enough to break the ice.. Then introduce urself... Or if ur really confident and have some $, jus walk up and say "hey youre really beautiful, can i buy you a drink?" The hardest part is the initial fear or walking up... Then u gotta demonstrate how smooth and confident you are
    I found after a while that fear becomes excitement. It doesn't go away, it just changes from something you dread, to something you crave. As far as smooth and confident, I don't think it's the do all be all of getting women. I think just as many women like shy and awkward as women that like smooth and suave. The key is just to grow a pare and talk to them.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    I prefer roofies!!!

or a blunt object if you're on a budget...

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    I prefer roofies!!!
    sholva told me. He said he doesnt even have to slip them to you anymore. You just take them yourself

boz
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post

AHAHAH

Quote Originally Posted by DB1982 View Post
    I would say confidence and the ability to make them laugh are very important when trying to pick up.

If you can get them to relax and laugh then most of the time your in.

And for gods sake don't wear snake skin shoes.
    I couldn't agree more with u with the laughing side of things, just at times i can come across as a stereotype angry muscle head, i believe i have a great sense of humor though if the chemistry is right!

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    This is true I know guys who have no money no job or car.But they can talk the talk.Just shows me how dumb some women can be.Beacuse these women end up paying for everything.
    My problem is with this, i have to much pride to give myself the name of "the woman buys me everything" i refuse to have that label on me. I'm better than that

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post

One thing i have noticed u can have the best body imaginable but if u cant hold a convo, all bets are off u can forget about having anything spread for u let alone your butter on your bread.

100% agree with the numbers game, but yes i do believe developing my social skills needs alot more work on, which is why im still finding it hard to not think about my ex and compare her to every woman i meet, she was great everything flowed there was never a awkward silence, and i could be the biggest dick (in a funny way) around her and she loved it. Yeh im on POF ironic u mentioned that actually, only joined a phew days ago.

Alot of agreeing im doing here but yes @gixxer does make a point also, no matter which setting you are in there will always be the good and the bad, its just i find that in a club i dont think my true potential shows.

Both gixxer and I are right, because what works well for Gixxer is what works well for Gixxer, where as it might not be so great for me. I learned by trying. I met my wife on POF, so don't get discouraged by the psychos!!!!

Be yourself, because even if you get a number putting on a show they'll figure it out sooner or later. Every girl likes something different, you just have to talk to them to find the ones that like YOUR type.

Next time you see a girl you want to talk to, find your stones and say hi!!!

DB1982 is offline Member
    And never approach a Grade A 10 out 10 bueaty unless she us eyeing you. These type take pride in crushing a mans heart and sending him retreating with his tail between his legs. Stay clear unless you are getting eyed, if your getting eyed then ATTACK!!!! and leave her wondering in the mourning if you'll ever call her .

boz
    Both gixxer and I are right, because what works well for Gixxer is what works well for Gixxer, where as it might not be so great for me. I learned by trying. I met my wife on POF, so don't get discouraged by the psychos!!!!

Be yourself, because even if you get a number putting on a show they'll figure it out sooner or later. Every girl likes something different, you just have to talk to them to find the ones that like YOUR type.

There in tac i assure u, your prob thinking well if they were then we wouldnt be having this convo, but as stated before i dont believe i lack the confidence or approaching.

And never approach a Grade A 10 out 10 bueaty unless she us eyeing you. These type take pride in crushing a mans heart and sending him retreating with his tail between his legs. Stay clear unless you are getting eyed, if your getting eyed then ATTACK!!!! and leave her wondering in the mourning if you'll ever call her .
    HA i dont mind a challange, tbh i prefer to act more like a dick around these sort of women cause they think there above the law.

you are correct. You have to find your thing. POF or any online thing never worked for me. I've gotten laid because some slut thought i was going looking on there. But i cant hit on a girl first on there. I cant do it by typing some message. I'm great in person, online blah

BS. Hot girls dont go out looking to "crush" a guy. Just because they may blow off some tool the comes hitting on her doesnt mean she is a bitch and cant be had

BS. Hot girls dont go out looking to "crush" a guy. Just because they may blow off some tool the comes hitting on her doesnt mean she is a bitch and cant be had

Damn right!!!! don't ever tell yourself a girl is too hot!!! beauty is in the eye of the beholder, why wouldn't you go after the girls you find are 10's!!!!

boz
    you are correct. You have to find your thing. POF or any online thing never worked for me. I've gotten laid because some slut thought i was going looking on there. But i cant hit on a girl first on there. I cant do it by typing some message. I'm great in person, online blah
    You know what bro, i think technology has affected me that much that it has put a dampen in the way i socialise. Internet is evil, and u know what if i actually made the sacrifice of giving up the internet, i know for a fact i would be 1 hard missile to stop in terms of the ladies not only that but a top bloke to talk to. Unfortunately the internet is everything to me atm, espically when it comes to jobs, keeping my family in the picture, porn is not easy to avoid but its there haha and of course just anything and everything i want to look up.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigshotvictoria

Damn right!!!! don't ever tell yourself a girl is too hot!!! beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder, why wouldn't you go after the girls you find are 10's!!!!

Fixed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information