Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

My moms really f in crazy

Im just wondering if anyone else has family with mental illness? She is paranoid schizophrenic so I live many hours away and shes legitimately afraid to drive here shes not just lazy. So she calls me every night and says shes going to be at a restaurant in her town several hours away and that she will see me there for dinner. No matter how many times I tell her I don't live there she calls every night to say the same damn thing. This is just what she does lately obviously shes crazy so I have seen a lot. It used to bother me but at some point I think I just shut those feelings down like I don't really think about her unless shes in front of me so to speak. I know we have some people with disorders here hopefully on their medicine so I'm not ranting against something a person can't control it just gets under my skin at times and this lady will not medicate will not take her scripts to control it.

red_hulk is offline Member
    Damn man, that must be rough. I don't have anyone in my family with a mental illness, but there are some crazies in my family too lol. I can't really lend advice seeing as how I've never been in the position before, but it's your mom and you're stuck with her.

I can see how her not trying to get a grip on the whole thing could get frustrating though. I don't man, I wish I had some insightful words lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red_hulk View Post
    Damn man, that must be rough. I don't have anyone in my family with a mental illness, but there are some crazies in my family too lol. I can't really lend advice seeing as how I've never been in the position before, but it's your mom and you're stuck with her.

I can see how her not trying to get a grip on the whole thing could get frustrating though. I don't man, I wish I had some insightful words lol
    You made me laugh bro thats good enough lol

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Sorry about that dude. My mother in law is addicted to pain killers. Pretty frustrating at times.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I am glad I aint alone in this! My wife always pushed me to have a relationship with my family.Shes a fixer.Well it didnt take her long to get the picture So dont feel bad bro.Hell none of them even have my phone#

Papa Smurf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post
    Im just wondering if anyone else has family with mental illness? She is paranoid schizophrenic so I live many hours away and shes legitimately afraid to drive here shes not just lazy. So she calls me every night and says shes going to be at a restaurant in her town several hours away and that she will see me there for dinner. No matter how many times I tell her I don't live there she calls every night to say the same damn thing. This is just what she does lately obviously shes crazy so I have seen a lot. It used to bother me but at some point I think I just shut those feelings down like I don't really think about her unless shes in front of me so to speak. I know we have some people with disorders here hopefully on their medicine so I'm not ranting against something a person can't control it just gets under my skin at times and this lady will not medicate will not take her scripts to control it.
    Be patient with her my brother.......its dont her fault, she has a chemical inbalance...............

Remember, This the person that carried you for 9 months, gave birth to you, and then wiped your nasty ass for the 2 or 3 years

Time to give back alittle!!

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    so that may explain a few things.....................

DB1982 is offline Member
    I feel your pain bro. My mother doesn't have a mental illness. But she's a raging alcoholic n goes on binges for a week at a time. I grew up with that BS. While I love my mother dearly I keep my distance .

Vettester is offline Banned
    It reminds me of a fiancee of mine in my 20's ... Her mom could be the sweetest thing, then turn crazy in 2 seconds. She had some horses, and anytime one of them got out, or something was missing, she stated that it was the Mexican mafia. She then started accusing me of being an informant to this Mexican mafia. I'm not even Mexican, just some blue eyed white dude. I really, really cared for the girl I was seeing, but looking back, it would have been a tough ride having her mom in the mix.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Now we know why your like way you are,

Blog Entries
    Every good cookie needs a few nuts
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My moms really f in crazy-walnutchococookies1.jpg  

Thread Information