Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Apparent Terrorism At Boston Marathon Breaking News

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    Because it would make international news. 93 countries participated in this marathon and every flag was there. Media coverage.
    Good point...

That'd be a hell of a way to make many more enemies.

diabolicsoul is offline Associate Member
    Anyone have any updated news? Last I heard there were 3 confirmed dead. 130+ Injured.

Two bombs set off. Police found a third bomb, and detonated it themselves. I also heard that there were a couple other bombs that were found by the bomb squad or something.

Some of the pictures and videos are graphic. Heart goes out to all affected.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    At first I thought man those are some shocking pics to see but after a little bit I decided hey you know these pics should be seen by all Americans to let them see the reality of terrorism and let us know hey we are at WAR! We need to stop shielding all from the painful truthful horrible carnage that terrorism brings. And we need to start killing back and put to death all these a-holes once convicted. We put Timothy McVeigh down and we should do the same to all the others found guilty of terrorism. IMO
    gbrice75 and Honkey_Kong like this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diabolicsoul View Post
    Anyone have any updated news? Last I heard there were 3 confirmed dead. 130+ Injured.

Two bombs set off. Police found a third bomb, and detonated it themselves. I also heard that there were a couple other bombs that were found by the bomb squad or something.

Some of the pictures and videos are graphic. Heart goes out to all affected.
    Last I heard they found a 2nd unexploded bomb. The Police say there is no evidence yet linking the Boston Marathon explosions to a fire at the JFK. I think if they had odds on it in Vegas it would be considered a sure thing it's connected.

Well since NY already has strict gun laws they had better make some quick no bomb laws to help put an end to this sort of stuff.

If it turns out to be Al-Qaeda any bets if Prez in some backhanded way says WE are to blame and apologizes to them? Maybe he will tell Al-Qaeda will will remove more missile defense systems to our allies like we just did with Poland and Czech Republic negotiating with China if they stop North Korea from picking on us for a while.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    I thought Barry said it was work place violence???

I want to know when are they going to crack down on these people buying bombs without so much as a back ground check?? i mean you can buy them at home depot for goodness sake..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    I thought Barry said it was work place violence???

I want to know when are they going to crack down on these people buying bombs without so much as a back ground check?? i mean you can buy them at home depot for goodness sake..
    LOL I see we are on the same page.

American citizens slaughtered in American streets and our president absolutely refuses to say it's terrorism. BTW where was the TSA, The CIA, The FBI The department of homeland security during and before all of this?????? At the end of the day who is going to protect us? Well one thing is for sure, Obama will never get Americans to now give up their guns when all of his agencies combined cannot protect us from Terrorists! Word has it the city of Boston looks like Lebanon with an amazing display of weapons including ak47s all over the city as the Boston police who are mad as hell at the prez for refusing to say terrorism patrol the streets looking for the man who matches the bolo that is out on the city. Bolo is be on the look out as they search for a dark skinned middle eastern man all of which is not being reported by the national news media....
    Last edited by Shol'va; 04-15-2013 at 10:01 PM.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    You people are forgetting that one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter. You americans were terrorists to the crown and you committed high treason. That being said this is still a tragic event..

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    American citizens slaughtered in American streets and our president absolutely refuses to say it's terrorism. BTW where was the TSA, The CIA, The FBI The department of homeland security during and before all of this?????? At the end of the day who is going to protect us? Well one thing is for sure, Obama will never get Americans to now give up their guns when all of his agencies combined cannot protect us from Terrorists! Word has it the city of Boston looks like Lebanon with an amazing display of weapons including ak47s all over the city as the Boston police who are mad as hell at the prez for refusing to say terrorism patrol the streets looking for the man who matches the bolo that is out on the city. Bolo is be on the look out as they search for a dark skinned middle eastern man all of which is not being reported by the national news media....

So what else is new? Perl harbour, that tower in that school, september 11 2001, that Cinema shooting, that school shooting. Im sure i missed a few.

Edit. Timothy mickbay, waco

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It's being said on the news that this might not have had anything to do with any international anti-west groups but could in fact be some extreme right internal group.

That said, people are kinda worried about the London marathon this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    It's being said on the news that this might not have had anything to do with any international anti-west groups but could in fact be some extreme right internal group.

With good reason. Even if it is home grown terrorism, you still have copycat nut jobs all over the world wanting in on the attention and claim to fame.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post

I would worry more about what they are not saying... They are telling police to watch for a Dark or black male with an accent... They have been interviewing a person of interest who is in the hospital and they searched his apartment and took a LOT of stuff out. He is in the US on a student Visa from Saudi.

Some news stations are saying he is not a suspect but they are also saying he has been under heavy guard all night, questioned a lot and as noted apartment searched and a lot of stuff seized.

HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    and I thought bombs were banned...

Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    You people are forgetting that one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter. You americans were terrorists to the crown and you committed high treason. That being said this is still a tragic event..
    Yeah but all freedom fighters I've ever heard about and seen never, I repeat never hurt the innocent civilians if at all possible! So whoever did this, which by the way all countries were represented in the Boston Marathon so whoever did this hates the entire world! So, let's all help him out and as soon as he is found, send him to the other world.....
    gbrice75 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HitIt View Post
    and I thought bombs were banned...
    Maybe OB will push for stricter background checks before you can buy bombs?

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Maybe OB will push for stricter background checks before you can buy bombs?
    Makes the whole gun issue kinda moot don't it.....lol Crazy people will always find a way to kill, always have always will and no banning of any weapons will ever do a bit of good because the problem isn't the weapon, but rather the crazy people. Maybe some day those in charge will figure that one out. But don't count on it....

Also one bit of info was wrong yesterday concerning the Boston Bombing. It was said that authorities found additional unexploded devices. This was wrong. Only two devices were used and they both exploded.
    Last edited by Shol'va; 04-16-2013 at 08:02 AM.

HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Makes the whole gun issue kinda moot don't it.....lol Crazy people will always find a way to kill, always have always will and no banning of any weapons will ever do a bit of good because the problem isn't the weapon, but rather the crazy people. Maybe some day those in charge will figure that one out. But don't count on it....
    guns kill people, cars drive drunk, pencils misspell words, spoons make people fat, etcetera etcetera ad infinitum ad nauseam

some people blame people for their actions, some people blame inanimate objects for people's actions
    gbrice75 likes this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I heard Obama thinks it was the NRA.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    I heard Obama thinks it was the NRA.
    I'm glad someone brought up the blame game. No from what I'm hearing they are seriously considering are you ready for this one? They are leaning right now towards the KKK or one of it's like minded groups. I couldn't believe it when I heard that one. That just doesn't fit their MO. Now if all the runners had of been both black and jewish then yes I'd say they were on to something there.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life

I'm glad someone brought up the blame game. No from what I'm hearing they are seriously considering are you ready for this one? They are leaning right now towards the KKK or one of it's like minded groups. I couldn't believe it when I heard that one. That just doesn't fit their MO. Now if all the runners had of been both black and jewish then yes I'd say they were on to something there.
    KKK.. lol Talk about grasping for straws. Why would the KKK target this? Sounds more like Barry is trying to pull the ol race card.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    To say I'm appalled would be an understatement. I am beyond disenchanted with humankind, and don't have much faith of things ever getting better. Greed, hatred, bigotry, et al. always have been and always will be in the hearts of men. I find myself struggling with the decision/fact that I brought my son into this (violet) world. He'll be inheriting the SHIT of today. I fear for his safety throughout his life. So much violence and hatred. Fcking LIVE AND LET LIVE.

IMO, it's time for America to get back to the old school. No more trying appear so gotdamn compassionate, etc. Time to start publicly executing the fvckers found guilty of crimes (and I do mean guilty, as in unequivocally). I'm not interested in paying higher taxes to house these animals. Nothing positive to contribute to this world? BUH BYE.
    Shol'va likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    To say I'm appalled would be an understatement. I am beyond disenchanted with humankind, and don't have much faith of things ever getting better. Greed, hatred, bigotry, et al. always have been and always will be in the hearts of men. I find myself struggling with the decision/fact that I brought my son into this (violet) world. He'll be inheriting the SHIT of today. I fear for his safety throughout his life. So much violence and hatred. Fcking LIVE AND LET LIVE.

IMO, it's time for America to get back to the old school. No more trying appear so gotdamn compassionate, etc. Time to start publicly executing the fvckers found guilty of crimes (and I do mean guilty, as in unequivocally). I'm not interested in paying higher taxes to house these animals. Nothing positive to contribute to this world? BUH BYE.
    Ditto!
    gbrice75 likes this.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!

waaaaaaaaaaaay toooo many pvssies in our government to do that but i am all for it!

it would def help out with our current debt situation!

we apologize for too much shvt now instead of just saying and doing. everything has to be politically correct and that just drives me nutz! i hate that people can't handle criticism or other people's opinions on certain subjects.
    gbrice75 likes this.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    waaaaaaaaaaaay toooo many pvssies in our government to do that but i am all for it!

It would def help out with our current debt situation!

We apologize for too much shvt now instead of just saying and doing. Everything has to be politically correct and that just drives me nutz! I hate that people can't handle criticism or other people's opinions on certain subjects.
    amen!!

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    for the garden variety serial killers, yup, fry them in a timely fashion. but for suspected terrorists, dont forget to waterboard them first.

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    for the garden variety serial killers, yup, fry them in a timely fashion. but for suspected terrorists, dont forget to waterboard them first.
    hear hear!!!

last thing I heard was they saw a person on the rooftop before the first bomb went off....then there were reports of ppl on the loud speaker tellin the crowd to calm down secs before the first bomb went off.....??? dont really know what to think of that....did anyone else find it weird that on the videos at the end after the bomb went off that people were still running past the finish line and then clocking their time?

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!

Well, since it seems like the majority of these terrorists are Muslim and are 100% prepared to die for their act of terrorism, killing them even publicly will not deter them. In fact, it'll probably inspire more since they'll be heralded as martyrs.

What we need to do is make the punishment so severe that they will refuse commit the acts of terrorism. If we handled these Islamic terrorists exactly like how Pershing handled them in the Philippines, we might actually cut the incidents down.

ChiveOn is offline Senior Member
    I'm watching the news right now, they recovered a part of one of the bombs. Pressure cooker packed with explosives, nails, and ball bearings. Meant to main as many as possible. Low velocity, non military grade, explosives. Fuxkin sick.....

tigerspawn is offline Senior Member
    I find it strange that they didn’t set off the bombs when there were the most people at the finish line. They waited until after the winners had crossed the finish line and the crowds had thinned out. If they were terrorist wouldn’t they want to cause the most death and destruction possible? If it was terrorist wouldn’t they have attacked during the after party?

The bomb was supposedly set on a timer

stackedbro is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75

Well put

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerspawn View Post
    I find it strange that they didn’t set off the bombs when there were the most people at the finish line. They waited until after the winners had crossed the finish line and the crowds had thinned out. If they were terrorist wouldn’t they want to cause the most death and destruction possible? If it was terrorist wouldn’t they have attacked during the after party?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiveOn View Post
    The bomb was supposedly set on a timer
    maybe they forgot to adjust the saudi time to US time.

austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    There must be security cameras everywhere. There has to be one that captured someone dropping those packages. they probably already have the footage and not releasing info until investigations are done.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

"It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

It was said that they were dropped off in large black backpacks, which leads me to believe there has to be video if you're claiming definitive knowledge of the method of delivery

Quote Originally Posted by cancer82 View Post
    last thing I heard was they saw a person on the rooftop before the first bomb went off....then there were reports of ppl on the loud speaker tellin the crowd to calm down secs before the first bomb went off.....??? dont really know what to think of that....did anyone else find it weird that on the videos at the end after the bomb went off that people were still running past the finish line and then clocking their time?
    The person on the rooftop had nothing to do with it. The guy that owns that building said that his workers on break/lunch go up there and hang out. And It's an awesome hang out spot to watch the marathon.

I'm pretty sure the story about the loud speaker, was just a reporter screaming that.

Yeah, the runners probably thought it was a firework at first or something. In shock,etc.

The looters were disgusting. Stealing medals and jackets minutes after the explosion.

Some websites have came up with suspects though. People having the exact bag(As far as a picture goes) that was used in the explosion, and then picture of them after the explosion without the bag. But, that lacks a lot of validity.

No clue what I would do if I was caught up in the middle of that though. As much as I would want to help people, I wouldn't know how.

The looters were disgusting. Stealing medals and jackets minutes after the explosion.
    yeh....smiling at that....
    one news channel had an official sayin no other bombs were found....I looked at my fiance and said didnt yesterday they said they found like 3 other bombs un-detonated?
    they also said that a guy was turned away by security with a backpack mins before the first

Quote Originally Posted by cancer82 View Post
    yeh....smiling at that....
    one news channel had an official sayin no other bombs were found....I looked at my fiance and said didnt yesterday they said they found like 3 other bombs un-detonated?
    they also said that a guy was turned away by security with a backpack mins before the first
    Yeah. Two bombs initially went off. I thought they found one more bomb, but the police/bombsquad set that off themselves.

I did read about them finding a couple other bombs, but can't source it. So I don't know how true it is.

4chan ThinkTank - Imgur Click the link if you want to view what the internet has found. Shows picture of potential suspects/suspicious people. Carrying bags similar to the one that had the bomb in it.
    Last edited by diabolicsoul; 04-17-2013 at 11:30 AM.

Yeah. Two bombs initially went off. I thought they found one more bomb, but the police/bombsquad set that off themselves.

I did read about them finding a couple other bombs, but can't source it. So I don't know how true it is.
    it was on the news that I saw....saying the found more....then next day said they didnt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information