Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Peole just dont get it....

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lstbred View Post
    People are so dumb sometimes and dont realize how stupid they sound, for instance: ""Holy crap! gas is up to $3.89 a gallon, what a rip!!" which usually nets you around 20-30mpg, gets you to & from WORK, comes from 3000 miles away, goes through a huge refining process to BECOME gas. But bottled water (at say $1 a 20oz bottle) costs $6.40 a gallon....what? $6.40 a gallon fooorrrr water? which has chunks strained out and put in a plastic bottle hhhmmm Example two: "a combo meal that has a chicken sandwich, fries and a good sized soda, for $5 what a rip!, I'll go get a $5 latte instead" lets see, one will fill you up for several hours...the other one lasts for 10 minutes and you take the chance of blowing an O ring because "coffee usually opens me up" what? Example 3: "Hey, we'll take my Escalade that gets 12mpg to Starbucks a block away and over $6 mochas and a $9 turkey sandwich, we'll talk about how we just CANT seem to save any money" I could go on for days.....SMH WTF is wrong with these people?
    Water use to be VERY expensive because it was near impossible to find good clean water. I'm talking 200+ years ago.
    The reason people have a problem with gas prices is because the money is mostly going to countries that are using it to wage war against us. It's also tough to accept when WE have more oil than anyone else in the world right here in our back yards and our government wont allow us to use any of it until it's obsolete and worthless. We could/should be paying $0.99 a gallon. The other thing is about $1.00 of the gas price is actually tax.

It's not as simple as saying coffee, water or whatever cost more.

I do agree most people have their priorities mixed up. I have had live insurance since I was in my 20s. I now have about 6x what my annual gross is. I also put up to 20% of my pay into a 401K and have a small IRA. I have always put at least 8% into my 401K since 1996 and the last 7 years every pay-raise I get I adjust my 401K percentage so my take-home stays the same and the rest is invested.

I drink an expresso about 1x a month, maybe less. I actually plan on getting an Escalade pretty soon and no I wont be worried about the gas mileage, that's why I also have a Toyota Carola.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts
    I actually plan on getting an Escalade pretty soon and no I wont be worried about the gas mileage, that's why I also have a Toyota Carola.
    That is one of the reasons we have so many cars. Hard to have cars that are fun AND practical.

Can't edit on my phone. I meant it is hard for one vehicle to be both fun and practical. Obviously it is easy to have both fun and practice cars.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    That is one of the reasons we have so many cars. Hard to have cars that are fun AND practical.
    My Dodge Stealth RT TT gets 25mpg+ on the hwy and has 400hp at the wheels.

lstbred is offline Senior Member
    Ur right byts, but Im talking about the people who dont know or care that we have an abundence of oil right here, they have no clue. WE REALIZE that we are buying/have a car (example) that gets shitty mileage, do you see us complaining about it? no, we dont drink latttes while bitching about eating ramen for a week. If you can afford these things go for it!

oscarjones is offline Banned
    I would be all for domestic oil farming, but with all the fracking we do, water would be even more expensive (seeing how it takes almost 2 million gallons of water per to frack each natural gas site), and the state of our country's environmental health would greatly decline as well...

I mean, think about it... Cheaper fuel leads to more people driving their 8mpg vehicles... which leads to less pvssy on the weekends for warriors who depend on their styling bunker mobiles.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    My Dodge Stealth RT TT gets 25mpg+ on the hwy and has 400hp at the wheels.
    Nice. I get 550hp but at 8mpg. Old pushrod V8s might make power, but they aren't efficient. It is completely impractical, so I wouldn't want to drive it every day even if I was willing to pay for the fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarjones View Post
    I would be all for domestic oil farming, but with all the fracking we do, water would be even more expensive (seeing how it takes almost 2 million gallons of water per to frack each natural gas site), and the state of our country's environmental health would greatly decline as well...

I mean, think about it... Cheaper fuel leads to more people driving their 8mpg vehicles... which leads to less pvssy on the weekends for warriors who depend on their styling bunker mobiles.
    What is a "styling bunker mobile?" Actually, I don't understand your entire second sentence...but I want too because it sounds funny.

italianstallion85 is offline Junior Member
    Being a 3rd generation owner of his own business, it seems like every generation is getting dumber and dumber. They have been schooled by books, but not with parental lessons in Common Sense 101. It's very sad. My dad said back in the 70's-80's, people were sharp and business savy! Now lucky if one can even comprehend with what you are saying or doing!

DB1982 is offline Member
    I think most people do get it. Water,coffee etc... Isn't the problem.
    All the companies supplying bottled water or coffee aren't reporting record profits every quarter. While big oil companies continue jacking up the price of fuel all the while recording higher profits. That's the problem

I work extremely hard for the money I earn. And treating myself to a bottle of water or iced coffee is justified if I want it.

Now what's not justified are there oil companies raising fueling at any sign of a storm or natural disaster. And or an up coming holiday weekend.
    The sad fact is we have to use gas everyday for our daily life to function. The oil companies know this and use this against us.

For those of you guys n gals who make a real good living and don't have to worry about the price of fuel that awesome for you.
    But you are not the norm. There are many many others who live day to day. While I make a decent living and don't worry to much now. I can see a day in the future where the price of fuel will become a burden to my family.

As the price of fueling is raising at a rate that most of us won't be able to keep up with.
    italianstallion85 likes this.

lstbred is offline Senior Member
    Companies are SUPPOSED to make money!! (I dont agree with everything they do of course big companies do some shady shit) but isnt that the goal of ALL companies? make money? We'll stick with gas, it's expensive for sure but are they making money buy "gouging" us or completely ripping us off? naw...... well, not yet "but thier making billions they can take less" why?, THEY took the chance, for every billion they make they SPEND 10,20,30 billion. We as common people have to spend money to make money, you spend $200month in gas to get you to your job that brings in 5-10k. Just because GM is making profit should thier car prices come down? McDonalds makes billions, should they sell all thier stuff so they dont make any money? But thats not what I mean, saying a gallon of gas is to expensive while drinking a $6 mocha in your gas guzzler in the drive thru with your engine running is not very bright.

And our local oil refineries can still make a profit but so can we by using our own domestic oil. We already have enough pumped out on reserve to last us for many years that just needs refined if it has not been already.

I say keep the profits here instead of sending it to overpriced countries who will just use it against us eventually.

As for the fracking I have read and saw back and forth allegations. The people who are doing it say there has never been a problem and the people complaining it's all speculation with no proof. I'm not sure where the problem really lays with doing it that way vs just drilling and pumping leaving a BIG hold in the ground. That seems worse to me since we have enough sink holes showing up in places like Florida already.

kitstreasure is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    As for the fracking I have read and saw back and forth allegations. The people who are doing it say there has never been a problem and the people complaining it's all speculation with no proof. I'm not sure where the problem really lays with doing it that way vs just drilling and pumping leaving a BIG hold in the ground. That seems worse to me since we have enough sink holes showing up in places like Florida already.
    If you research it, Lov, there was a fracking operation in Northern Arkansas that was shut down because it was causing low Richter scale earthquakes.

Quote Originally Posted by kitstreasure View Post
    If you research it, Lov, there was a fracking operation in Northern Arkansas that was shut down because it was causing low Richter scale earthquakes.
    Yeah I do remember that now. But then again, it is Arkansas; do we really car.

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    This is everyone in the army for the most part. A lot of times I feel like i'm the only one with any sense when it comes to money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information