thehor is offline Member

Floyd vs Canelo!

Very Excited for this fight!! Anyone else??
    What do you think about the fight and who are you going for?

JWP806 is offline Senior Member
    What's the hype with Canelo? Not a boxing fan at all but I'd love to see Floyd Mayweather get his ass beat.

thehor is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JWP806 View Post
    What's the hype with Canelo? Not a boxing fan at all but I'd love to see Floyd Mayweather get his ass beat.
    Canelo if not the strongest boxer to get in the ring with floyd one of the top ones out there and only 22 years old with lots ok kos and no loses.

Oh nice. Who are you going for? Too bad the fight isn't until September 14th.

DB1982 is offline Member
    I'm glad to see Mayweather finally fight someone who actually poses a threat to him.
    This is due in part to Showtime demanding a credible opponent.
    Since Showtime lost $12 million on his last fight.
    Either way hopefully Mayweather final gets put in his place

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    ive been watching floyd since '96-'97 on friday night fights. floyd all the way man. yeh he talks a lot of crap, but thats the game and he has backed it up for almost 20 years without one loss..

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    I used to love Floyd until I saw the first HBO special and hated him ever since....yes he talented and a beast but I cant stand cocky arrogant ppl....I can see canelo hurting him if he lands....but realistically theres a LOT of holes in his game and I think Floyd is gonna pick him apart....unless canelo can get him on the ropes....
    I would of have rather seen him fight Broner....cant stand both but the lesser of two evils I guess....plus they're almost a mirror image of each other style-wise

-Release the Kracken!!!-

dont get me wrong i dont like the person but respect the fighter. plus ive been following him since he was a nobody.. way back.

thehor is offline Member
    Only way Canelo will beat him. Is if he gets him with a clean punch like he did on the trout match, or yes in the ropes. Keep in mind Canelo hits way harder than any opponent may has ever got in the ring with. The weight in is going to be at 152 but I see Canelo coming ion at 170 on fight now.

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    ive been watching floyd since '96-'97 on friday night fights. floyd all the way man. yeh he talks a lot of crap, but thats the game and he has backed it up for almost 20 years without one loss..
    No doubt. He backs all of his talking up.

spiketannin is offline Associate Member
    why does mayweather always catch ishhh ? he is smart as sh**, beat everyone in his path. who has he dodged? please dont say poochiaaw, like i said may is smart! we all no paq did roids. then it was the money issue half my ass pac man. canelo is gonna get beat just like ortiz's young ass did.

this wasnt aimed at any1 by the way on here just media and people sayin hes dodges people. there is always gonna be someone/ another fighter, watch after he beats canelo there will be another fighter hes supposedly dodging it will never end.

thehor is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spiketannin View Post
    why does mayweather always catch ishhh ? he is smart as sh**, beat everyone in his path. who has he dodged? please dont say poochiaaw, like i said may is smart! we all no paq did roids. then it was the money issue half my ass pac man. canelo is gonna get beat just like ortiz's young ass did.

this wasnt aimed at any1 by the way on here just media and people sayin hes dodges people. there is always gonna be someone/ another fighter, watch after he beats canelo there will be another fighter hes supposedly dodging it will never end.
    you cannot compare Canelo to ortiz. Remember when roy jones Junior ran into a heavy puncher for the first time and got knocked out? I sure do remember roy jones being faster and smarter than mayweather.

Quote Originally Posted by thehor View Post
    you cannot compare Canelo to ortiz. Remember when roy jones Junior ran into a heavy puncher for the first time and got knocked out? I sure do remember roy jones being faster and smarter than mayweather.
    didnt follow roy jones jr but ur statement above:

"Remember when roy jones Junior ran into a heavy puncher for the first time and got knocked out?"
    appears to contradict ur premise:
    "I sure do remember roy jones being faster and smarter than mayweather."
    considering mayweather is undefeated, let alone not been knocked out!

thehor is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    didnt follow roy jones jr but ur statement above:

appears to contradict ur premise:

considering mayweather is undefeated, let alone not been knocked out!
    Not yet, but most likely he will in the next few fights he has left.

Remington is offline Alligator

Quote Originally Posted by thehor View Post
    Not yet, but most likely he will in the next few fights he has left.
    yeh but he is getting older, and as a result, slower and not as sharp as he was in his prime, thats what age does to u .. does that make him less of a fighter, or his career tarnished because he will more than likely suffer a loss due, primarily (IMO) to aging?? i think not and that is my contention. personally i think it speaks well for him as a fighter to continue forward knowing every year that passes increases the likelihood he will indeed suffer a loss to a record that is GREAT and currently unblemished. it would be easy, and i suggest tempting, to retire with a perfect record, but the great fighter in him continues to take the risk of a loss and as every year passes he has more to lose..

Thread Information