pawn master is offline Junior Member

Bummed out! Just about ot start aas and tweaked back - frustrating

I had a shitty day today. Funny how things work. I have had to deal with some lower back pain for years and have been pain free for almost a year working out both weights, cardio, sports and feeling awesome. Just had my cortisone shots done 10 days ago and was all prepared for my next cycle when today I tweaked my back moving a metal shelf to the 2nd floor. It only weighs maybe 80 lbs I had an employee help me and did not think anything of it because of the light weight. But I stupidly went backwards and held the bottom while the smaller weaker guy went front and did not have to bend. We get to the top of the staircase and when I straightened up I felt a little pain right in the middle of my lower back. It was short and quick. 5 mins later I bend over to attach it to another shelf that was already up stairs using nuts and bolts and I literally almost collapsed to my knees. I used the wall to lean against for a couple mins till he grabbed me a chair. PAIN right across my lower back. I sat there for 10 mins then started to stretch it out. This was at 3pm EST I came home at 7 and stretched again and again but am still feeling pain just getting up off the floor. Bull how you can train all the time and then put yourself in an awkward position for a few mins and fell like you were hit with a slug hammer. I am so frustrated. I was so looking forward to going full out again for the first time in a year now I do not know what to do. I feel dumb which for me might be the worst feeling in the world!
    VENTING THANKS GUYS and GALS!
    Last edited by pawn master; 07-17-2013 at 06:56 PM.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Been there. Ice it and start doping with anti inflams. Ice 20 on 20 off

What kind Lunk I will see whats here. Not sure which are anti inflams or if I have any.

ibuprofen or anything similar

Nope I do not.

I also bought my own at home tens machine. I love it!!

oh I have advil I was looking for prescribed stuff.

Start with the ice therapy then and start getting the swelling down

I have used one for my tendonosis in my arm never my back. Wish I had one here.

Ice on now

ac guy is offline Associate Member
    Aleeeeeeeve. For an OTC, it works pretty well. I hurt my back pretty bad a year ago. I took 5 days off of work and stayed on the couch. Took aleeve, and iced it down. Back to normal by the time I went back to work.
    Last edited by ac guy; 07-17-2013 at 07:13 PM.

And not to be a dick, but your cortisone shots may be weakening your back.

Really I did not know it could do that. It was 6cc injected into my right shoulder followed by dexamethasone 4mg for 10 days, today was day 10 was to start AAS on Fri. after a 24 hr period with nothing. I better hold off on the Aleve just took 1000mg of advil. I appreciate the advice that`s why I joined this site not a dick at all.

Oh. I thought you meant the shots were for your back, shouldn't be a problem then. Good luck man back pain sucks.

Woke up pain still there. SHIT!

Quote Originally Posted by pawn master View Post
    Woke up pain still there. SHIT!
    It takes time, relax. The swelling has to go down

AZGOLDSMEMBER86 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    REST
    Ice
    Compression
    Elevation

Also if your taking aspirin or motrin or IBU rotation is best . Switch it up in rotation every dose .

Prevents stomach andliver damage .

Went to the massage therapist today. She said my back and glutes were much tighter then usual. Worked it out said no swelling. Ice and ibuprofen then in 3 days lots of heat to get the fluids moving. Recommends swimming only for the next week. Then a lot more stretching pre and post workouts.

Quote Originally Posted by pawn master View Post
    Went to the massage therapist today. She said my back and glutes were much tighter then usual. Worked it out said no swelling. Ice and ibuprofen then in 3 days lots of heat to get the fluids moving. Recommends swimming only for the next week. Then a lot more stretching pre and post workouts.
    NOOOOO! Do not heat it. The reason for the pain is because you aggravated the muscle causing swelling. Yes massage can help if your glutes are pulling your lower back but do not heat it. After fighting mine for ever and finally having to do surgery AND being married to an LMT trust me. Just stay on course and give it time. If it doesn't get better in 3-5 days then more extreme measures may be necessary (MRI).

skaz915 is offline Member
    damn bro that sucks, I've never been there but if I was in your shoes I'd be bummed as a mofo. good luck

thanks Lunk. The massage seemed to help for a bit yesterday but again today it was bugging me. I am home now early to ice it down. Hope all is well so I can start next week. I had an MRI in March for the 3rd time same results I have a disc ruptured and tendonosis in my right arm both from bad accidents.

You have a ruptured disk and you are not having surgery? Is it ruptured or BULGED?

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    OP, I have a chronic back problem. Back in 84' I tore the muscles in my lower lumbar. It was serious. I was warming up (sloppy) on a seated row machine and I felt and HEARD the tear. I had to roll off on to the floor. Couldn't drive home from Orlando (business) for a few days and didn't walk for a while. In the hospital and all. Turns out it was all soft tissue damage. The big problem is there is now scar tissue and it gets pulled or torn once in a while. Just a wrong move and FVCK!!!!! I scream !! and then I know in about an hour or two I'm on my back for a few days. Just as it comes it goes.
    I stay vigilant and careful. For me it's not about weight it's a move or two. When it happens sometimes it is so bad I think I'll never walk again. But it relaxes and heals. Good luck, move slow and be cool. ...crazy mike
    Last edited by crazy mike; 07-19-2013 at 03:26 PM.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Man oh man that sucks! Ive probably started 5-7 cycles and stopped with 4 weeks in my time, used to get so much acne from it. Think I did it 3 times in a row once. Started a prep and had to stop because I lost my job. Now I got injured and cant even train, I think for a long time if been missing some hints lol.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

jmcbride69 is offline Junior Member
    Man that sucks. Right before I was to start my cycle I kinda hurt my back on deads. Went to heavy and lost my form a little. Kinda hurt for a few days but then I ran the tough mudder and holy crap I really messed it up with that. Didn't feel it during the race cause I messed up my knee mile 3 and had a limp the whole race. The next 4 days where excruciating. Long story short ive been dealing with the pain since may 18th. Hasn't stopped me in the gym other than legs. It was just to painful in the morning after. I've been going to physical therapy and pain management and it has changed everything. Traction, tens unit, lumbar support, cellabrex and a transdermal pain lotion with 7 different non narcotic drugs in it. Holy crap do I feel so much better now. I had surgery on my back in 2006 for a slipped disc and I just saw the neurosurgeon Thursday and he said that is not even the slipped disc that's been causing my pain. It's sijd. I'm glad he found this out cause in scheduled to get a cortisone shot in my spine. Now I will get the shot where it is needed instead of taking the risk in my spine. This is a very abbreviated story but look into everything and strengthen that core. That has helped me along with everything else and I'm almost back to doing legs again. Best of luck to ya brother

Thread Information