Results 1 to 25 of 25
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Rwy
  • 2 Post By Java Man
  • 1 Post By AD
  • 1 Post By --->>405<<---

Thread: Are You PC Conscious?

  1. #1
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066

    Are You PC Conscious?

    How many of you would consider yourself conscious of being politically correct? If you have an opinion about something, do you worry about sharing or stating your opinion if it might hurt someone's feelings or offend them? This could apply to anything from posing on a message board to real life face to face conversations.

    Now I'm not talking about being hateful. However, many who are PC conscious tend to feel any point of view that could potential offend someone is hateful. Personally, I find the whole PC deal to be one of the most damaging things on earth to our society, specifically here in the U.S. The idea that all ideas and choices are equal is a ridiculous one. The idea that a differing opinion and stating it is hateful is a ridiculous one.

    Here are some prime examples:

    *You can't say you think homosexuality is morally wrong or you'll offend someone. The fact that others might find homosexual behavior offensive doesn't matter, only the other side's opinion matters.

    *You can't say men are typically stronger than women, because they're might be a woman who's stronger than some man. We should live and assume we're all of equal strength.

    *You can't say the U.S. is the greatest country in the world, because you might offend someone who lives in another country thousands of miles away. Worse yet, you might offend the Mexican who came to the U.S. because it's a better country than Mexico with more opportunity and although he knows that (that's why he came) he doesn't want to hear it and you should be sensitive.

    You can't say food stamps are out of control, you might offend someone on food stamps. You can't say the black murder rate is 10x that of all other races in the U.S. because that hurts people's feelings regardless of it being true, so it's best to pretend it's not true, forget about solving the problem, let's just ignore it. The list goes on and on.

    I know most here will not care about this, but it's something that drives me crazy and so there you go. Feel free to flame away or share your thoughts

  2. #2
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,390
    We have been loosing our freedom of speech slowly for years but it has accelerated 10 fold the last 10 years or less.

  3. #3
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    We have been loosing our freedom of speech slowly for years but it has accelerated 10 fold the last 10 years or less.
    You're not kidding. The fight against so-called hate speech has gotten so far out of control and is one of the most damaging things facing this country IMO.

  4. #4
    Rwy's Avatar
    Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,488
    Whats a food stamp? People get a debit card. No one even knows they are using food stamps.

    Homosexuality is so normal to me living in NYC. In fact gay people are usually more successful then the average person in NY.

    Us is not the greatest country anymore. QUE Newsroom rant lol

    Women are not equal to men. Watch the bravo channel for a day. End of story.....

    I totally understand your point and I used to think about stuff like this but I am thinking different lately.


    Like why havent we switched from oil to natural gas yet

    How did a convicted drug dealer through a fund raiser for our current president.

    Why can banks take $6 from us when we need to use an atm?


    Why can gas companies charge almost a dollar more if you use a credit card


    Why are major Universities bringing financial advisors to sell students on taking out 100k loans when there are no jobs....


    I mean seriously what is more important. Gay marriage or costing $20 to filll up your car. I am going to go with $20 to fill up your car
    Flacco likes this.

  5. #5
    Rwy's Avatar
    Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,488
    We have no freedom...lol

    Corruption runs this country.

  6. #6
    Rwy's Avatar
    Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,488
    Anthony Weiner admits to sending more lewd images, texts but vows to stay in mayor's race | Fox News


    seriously how sad is this. This guy is running for mayor in NYC and people are willing to vote for him. I get that a persons personal life has no baring on things. In fact most powerful successful people with money always go a stray. Yet this is a person I have to even choose from lol

  7. #7
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Silence!!!!!

    Just kidding, carry on
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  8. #8
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwy View Post
    Whats a food stamp? People get a debit card. No one even knows they are using food stamps.

    Homosexuality is so normal to me living in NYC. In fact gay people are usually more successful then the average person in NY.

    Us is not the greatest country anymore. QUE Newsroom rant lol

    Women are not equal to men. Watch the bravo channel for a day. End of story.....

    I totally understand your point and I used to think about stuff like this but I am thinking different lately.


    Like why havent we switched from oil to natural gas yet

    How did a convicted drug dealer through a fund raiser for our current president.

    Why can banks take $6 from us when we need to use an atm?


    Why can gas companies charge almost a dollar more if you use a credit card


    Why are major Universities bringing financial advisors to sell students on taking out 100k loans when there are no jobs....


    I mean seriously what is more important. Gay marriage or costing $20 to filll up your car. I am going to go with $20 to fill up your car
    I wasn't making an argument on the issue of gay marriage. That example was used just because it's a good example that shows how only one side of the fence regarding the argument of homosexuality being right or wrong can be deemed a worthy opinion or one that should eve be heard.

    Is gay marriage really an important topic? No, I don't think so. I don't think the government has any right to tell anyone who they can marry regardless of what one considers moral.

    As for the other issues you brought up, banks have the right to charge anything they want for whatever they want. They exist in the free market and no one makes you use their ATM.

    Oil and Gas, when gas is proven to be a viable alternative that cost the same or less than oil, the switch will be made. The real crime is the fact that we sit on the largest supply of oil in the world and then complain about high gas prices.

    The presidents drug dealing and terrorist friends, as much as I don't like the president anyone can give anyone a fundraiser if they want to. It's up to people to decide if that candidates associations bother them and do so in a way that they don't want to support him.

    Universities, one of the biggest scams of all time and I say that as someone who has a college degree and borrowed money to get it. However, no one makes anyone get those loans. People need to think for themselves. Unfortunately, I didn't see this until later on but that's my fault and no one else's.

  9. #9
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    8,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    I wasn't making an argument on the issue of gay marriage. That example was used just because it's a good example that shows how only one side of the fence regarding the argument of homosexuality being right or wrong can be deemed a worthy opinion or one that should eve be heard.

    Is gay marriage really an important topic? No, I don't think so. I don't think the government has any right to tell anyone who they can marry regardless of what one considers moral.

    As for the other issues you brought up, banks have the right to charge anything they want for whatever they want. They exist in the free market and no one makes you use their ATM.

    Oil and Gas, when gas is proven to be a viable alternative that cost the same or less than oil, the switch will be made. The real crime is the fact that we sit on the largest supply of oil in the world and then complain about high gas prices.

    The presidents drug dealing and terrorist friends, as much as I don't like the president anyone can give anyone a fundraiser if they want to. It's up to people to decide if that candidates associations bother them and do so in a way that they don't want to support him.

    Universities, one of the biggest scams of all time and I say that as someone who has a college degree and borrowed money to get it. However, no one makes anyone get those loans. People need to think for themselves. Unfortunately, I didn't see this until later on but that's my fault and no one else's.
    In our society, you have to fake being politically correct. Let's say you're at work and you slip it out to your buddies at the water cool that you think homosexuality is immoral and wrong. If the wrong person hears you say that, they're going to go to the boss and complain. You're going to get fired for it.

    Whether or not you guys or I agree with it, but there are protected classes of citizens in this world where they're to be treated better than the WASP heterosexual males in society. If you're not consciously avoiding offending these protected groups, sooner or later you're going to offend one and have hell to pay for it.
    Last edited by Honkey_Kong; 07-24-2013 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Didn't mean to single anyone out.

  10. #10
    Java Man's Avatar
    Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Matrix
    Posts
    4,327
    I'm pc at work because I like money. People I offend don't want to give me their money. At home, fvck you and I don't care what you think of me. Piss off!
    V-ROID and lstbred like this.

  11. #11
    ppwc1985's Avatar
    ppwc1985 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,928
    I served my country so I say what I want when I want, if ppl don't like it close you f..... Ears. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Oh I don't pay no ATM fees on any ATM in the world.

  12. #12
    DSM4Life's Avatar
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    30,963
    Blog Entries
    1
    I'm offended.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. ó William Arthur Ward

  13. #13
    Black's Avatar
    Black is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,473
    We live in a monetary society. Unfortunately, money is more important than human life, especially in the governments views.

  14. #14
    AD's Avatar
    AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,809
    what i say, and how i say it, depends on who i'm saying it to.
    Java Man likes this.

  15. #15
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    8,385
    Quote Originally Posted by ppwc1985 View Post
    I served my country so I say what I want when I want, if ppl don't like it close you f..... Ears. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Oh I don't pay no ATM fees on any ATM in the world.
    What does serving your country have to do with the price of tea in China? The rules are the rules regardless of whether or not you joined the service. And if you say the wrong thing at the wrong time to the wrong people, you can end up getting sued, fired etc etc. It's not even a question of if it's right or wrong for things to be this way, it just is.

    I for one really don't want to hurt others physically or verbally. So I tend to watch what I say and do in certain situations. If everyone followed that, the world would be a better place.
    Last edited by Honkey_Kong; 07-24-2013 at 06:19 AM.

  16. #16
    JAB1's Avatar
    JAB1 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwy View Post
    Whats a food stamp? People get a debit card. No one even knows they are using food stamps.

    Homosexuality is so normal to me living in NYC. In fact gay people are usually more successful then the average person in NY.

    Us is not the greatest country anymore. QUE Newsroom rant lol

    Women are not equal to men. Watch the bravo channel for a day. End of story.....

    I totally understand your point and I used to think about stuff like this but I am thinking different lately.


    Like why havent we switched from oil to natural gas yet

    How did a convicted drug dealer through a fund raiser for our current president.

    Why can banks take $6 from us when we need to use an atm?


    Why can gas companies charge almost a dollar more if you use a credit card


    Why are major Universities bringing financial advisors to sell students on taking out 100k loans when there are no jobs....


    I mean seriously what is more important. Gay marriage or costing $20 to filll up your car. I am going to go with $20 to fill up your car

    I wish it cost $20.00 to fill my car, cost me $80!!!!!!

  17. #17
    Juced_porkchop's Avatar
    Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,643
    I think there is a fine line. you can still state you views and not make it be in a hateful manner. but most usually due , due to their ego and NEEDING to be right.
    Black people usually run faster then white people... I have said that to my GF... she is half black... say that on TV and some one will flip out? I am not saying there is not a whit man that cant run faster. I am sure there are many. but overall this is my opinion.

    I feel abortion and the right to abortion ( not due to medical issues and possibly death to the mother) is wrong.. others will argue that. that is fine.

    I think the US government is a hoax of freedom and congress already had there deals with major money makers on many things, regardless of what the majority of Americans want... say that on TV as a new reporter and see what happens...


    I think there is a line PC you may/should not crosss, but not at the expense of freedom of opinion.

    1)"black are always killing them self's , you dont see whites or others doing that to the same degree"
    2)" black murder rate is 10x that of all other races in the U.S."

    same statment but it is NOT the same.
    and if anything its due to Amaricans passed with slavery, why there is soo much internal anger with colored people ( harder to get job, stereotypes, not feeling like they can make it a honest way, the fact IT HAPPENED... . not saying they should not be held accountable but the racism and past history DO play a role and "whites" are not excluded from this issue... and when i say recisum i mean BLACK AND WHITES are BOTH bad when it comes to that... but its only the white racism that you will hear about on the news... :-/

    I think if your statements are in a adult manner and not meant to offend but are true opinions of yours then you should be allowed to state them.


    at one point when i wa much younger i felt like "being gay is wrong, but i could care less if some one is, just dont think its right" now i feel: "people are entitled to there right to love. regardless of race or sex and the only thing wrong with it is the people that use the bible to defend there position when it is a MAN MAD BOOK! with only a few REAL teachings of Jesus"

    both would have people flipping... o well

  18. #18
    ppwc1985's Avatar
    ppwc1985 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong

    What does serving your country have to do with the price of tea in China? The rules are the rules regardless of whether or not you joined the service. And if you say the wrong thing at the wrong time to the wrong people, you can end up getting sued, fired etc etc. It's not even a question of if it's right or wrong for things to be this way, it just is.

    I for one really don't want to hurt others physically or verbally. So I tend to watch what I say and do in certain situations. If everyone followed that, the world would be a better place.
    We'll your most likely right, but I'm not goi g to stand around the water cooler and say what people want me to say just so I can stand with the crowd. I can stand alone by myself if need be. Would the world be a better place cause we all lie about how we feel, no the world would be a better place if we quit killing each other and quit letting ppl rape our children. And you ask what does serving my country have to do with that, cause its my god given right that I have defended that let's me say what I want when I want and if you do t like it don't listen. If someone wants to sue me than do be it. Alot ppl from my country died to give me the freedom to to say what I want , when I want.

  19. #19
    lstbred's Avatar
    lstbred is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    1,054
    The media is the worst thing to happen to the US period, followed closely by greed. The media LIES, bends the truth, tells only PIECES of a story, sensationalize, purposely to invoke a response from us. Why do they do that? because if we watch/listen they make money. They have turned a simple fist fight into a hate crime, well, if your fighting isnt it because of hate anyway? but only a white person can be charged with it? what? if it's a Mexican and a Asian, wheres the media then? and it goes on forever.

    Why is it that a candidate (sponsors) for big office spends $300+ million dollars to get a job that pays 120K to 1 million a year?

    I'm very outwardly honest, most of the time it throws people off, I dont sway this way or that, I sway to whats right, I see good and bad things on all sides. People always ask "whats right?" or "thats your opinion of right" Nope, some things are just right. You dont kill, steal, lie, cheat, rape, kidnap, starve, abuse kids animals or anything else for that matter. Just because you CAN do something doesnt mean you SHOULD. The fact you have the right to burn the flag if you want is great, you have the right to, SHOULD you do it? hell no!! You have the (so called) right to free speech and people think "you have to listen" no you dont, you can say what you want and I dont have to listen thats MY right.
    Gay people want to get married! so? let them. How is it REALLY going to effect anyone? answer is, it's not. I have my own opinion on some gay things but over all I dont care. If we got rid of the "abuse of the system" could you imagine how great this country could actually be? we really would be the best counrty in the world by far.

  20. #20
    teezer33's Avatar
    teezer33 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    In the bushes
    Posts
    259
    Blog Entries
    1
    In certain situations we can agree to disagree.

  21. #21
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    8,385
    Quote Originally Posted by ppwc1985 View Post
    We'll your most likely right, but I'm not goi g to stand around the water cooler and say what people want me to say just so I can stand with the crowd. I can stand alone by myself if need be. Would the world be a better place cause we all lie about how we feel, no the world would be a better place if we quit killing each other and quit letting ppl rape our children. And you ask what does serving my country have to do with that, cause its my god given right that I have defended that let's me say what I want when I want and if you do t like it don't listen. If someone wants to sue me than do be it. Alot ppl from my country died to give me the freedom to to say what I want , when I want.
    The right to free speech is not dependent upon "serving." It's supposed to be universally given. Tom, Dick and Harry, down the street have just as much right to say whatever they want, despite not serving, as you or I have. At least in theory that's true. In actuality, things like "freedom" are really just a myth that we tell ourselves. Truth is you don't have any rights, nor do I or anyone. Everything we say or do is because somebody above us allows us to do them.

  22. #22
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    28,936
    I've said it before in one of your threads Metal. The 24-7 cable news is literally ruining things. They take the smallest innocuous things and blow them out of proportion. In other words due to the ever present media all it takes is the rumor of a problem to actually create a problem. And that includes all things now labeled "PC."
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  23. #23
    ppwc1985's Avatar
    ppwc1985 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong

    The right to free speech is not dependent upon "serving." It's supposed to be universally given. Tom, Dick and Harry, down the street have just as much right to say whatever they want, despite not serving, as you or I have. At least in theory that's true. In actuality, things like "freedom" are really just a myth that we tell ourselves. Truth is you don't have any rights, nor do I or anyone. Everything we say or do is because somebody above us allows us to do them.
    Freedoms just a myth huh, lol try going to a country with no freedom like we have and than come say some bullcrap like that. And yes all Americans have the same freedom of speech, for one reason cause the guys and girls who have served since the very beginning gave it to you and me and all Americans. And No one ALLOWS me to do anything, I do and say what I want when I want. That's what being free is about. Idc about being politically correct, if I say something someone don't like oh well. I have my beliefs and no one including the masses will ever change that. I walk my on path not someone else's. there is alot stuff going on in America that I don't agree with and if I feel like it I'll voice my opinion and if I hurt someone's feelings, that's all part of life.

  24. #24
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    Fvck politically correctness!!!
    Euroholic likes this.

  25. #25
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    8,385
    Quote Originally Posted by ppwc1985 View Post
    Freedoms just a myth huh, lol try going to a country with no freedom like we have and than come say some bullcrap like that. And yes all Americans have the same freedom of speech, for one reason cause the guys and girls who have served since the very beginning gave it to you and me and all Americans. And No one ALLOWS me to do anything, I do and say what I want when I want. That's what being free is about. Idc about being politically correct, if I say something someone don't like oh well. I have my beliefs and no one including the masses will ever change that. I walk my on path not someone else's. there is alot stuff going on in America that I don't agree with and if I feel like it I'll voice my opinion and if I hurt someone's feelings, that's all part of life.
    Freedom is just a myth. I've been to other countries and I'm not so full of myself to think that the rest of the world is oppressed, but not the US of A. Every "right" you have, is because somebody allows you to have them. Like for instance your right to not be subjected to unwarranted searches is only valid unless the government decides to give search you without a warrant. Same thing goes with speech. Ask Eric Snowden what he thinks about his right to free speech.

    But this is drifting away from the topic...

    Anyways, I try to be respectful of other people's opinions and I don't like hurting people's feelings. If possible, I'll bite my tongue and try not to offend them. I hope they in return will respect me as well and do the same. If people did that, we'd all get along a lot better.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •