Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Reccommend TV

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I think 4K is a little ahead of its time. Don't get me wrong the TV is beautiful but there isn't broadcasting to take advantage of it right now. It's like when 56K modems came out but on the box it read in small print "*Current speeds do not exceed 53K".
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    I think 4K is a little ahead of its time. Don't get me wrong the TV is beautiful but there isn't broadcasting to take advantage of it right now. It's like when 56K modems came out but on the box it read in small print "*Current speeds do not exceed 53K".
    There are movies made for it though. You have to have $$$$ and be on a special list to get them and I believe they are hand delivered from what I read. The people who are buying these TV and movies are the ones why buy their kids a Ferrari and own a 15 bedroom beach house. Not exactly your average Joe.
    DCI likes this.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    There are movies made for it though. You have to have $$$$ and be on a special list to get them and I believe they are hand delivered from what I read. The people who are buying these TV and movies are the ones why buy their kids a Ferrari and own a 15 bedroom beach house. Not exactly your average Joe.
    They use those movies to sell the TVs in the stores too. And of course the salesman will never just out and tell the customer that their cable or dish provider's HD is in 720p or 540p. Most people buying TVs don't even know what the difference between progressive and interlaced scanning is anyways. All they know is the higher the number the better.

To be fair about the 56k modems though DSM, is that the phone lines never were upgraded to handle the 56k connection as dialup just as a whole became obsolete. But then again, you never got 33.6k connections off a 33.6kbps modem nor did you ever get a true 28.8k out of the 28.8 modems. Those were top speeds under the best of conditions that never would occur in the real world.

I doubt broadcasters would ever broadcast with a 4k signal. And even if they did, as long as cable companies insist on still sending analog signals through their wires IN ADDITION to the digital signals, we'd never get a true 4k signal.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    I dont have a LG but I am going to be checking mine to see if it's sending out anything over my router. Sort of sucks that so many of our privacy's are being violated.

I just got a new TV for the bedroom. It's only 60htz 1080p 50" Insigna for $399 but it's good enough for the bedroom. I'm getting a lift so it will sit at the foot of the bed between the end board and mattress and lift via remote.
    Nice one on the recent purchase the lift is cool. I won't be connecting it to anything as I don't give a crap about all that stuff tbh no need for it. It is cool to have a decent one tho finally.

Speaking of 4K tvs.
    Seiki 55” Class 4K 120Hz LED Ultra HDTV – SE55UY04 $799

Seiki 55” Class 4K 120Hz LED Ultra HDTV – SE55UY04 - TVs & Electronics - Televisions - All Flat Panel TVs

I do like this one a little better. 84" 240Hz but $19,000.00? I think Ill wait another 2 or 3 years until it's on sale for $1,900.00
    Toshiba Toshiba 84L9300U 84-Inch 4k UltraHD 240Hz 3D Smart LED HDTV w/ keyboard

Last edited by lovbyts; 12-03-2013 at 01:05 AM.

DCI
    People who buy those 18k tv's are just buying them so that they csn say they bought a tv for 18k

It's the same with the high end stereos I've listened to really high end stuff 100k for two speakers and an amp yes they sound epic but are they really that much better than a decent set up mid range stereo imo not really that much better

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCI View Post
    People who buy those 18k tv's are just buying them so that they csn say they bought a tv for 18k

It's the same with the high end stereos I've listened to really high end stuff 100k for two speakers and an amp yes they sound epic but are they really that much better than a decent set up mid range stereo imo not really that much better
    A high-end stereo makes a world of a difference. At least to my ears they do. Problem is that too many people throw all this money in these stereos and the end up with systems busting out loud sound with distorted bass.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    A high-end stereo makes a world of a difference. At least to my ears they do. Problem is that too many people throw all this money in these stereos and the end up with systems busting out loud sound with distorted bass.
    A sort of rule of thumb I learned many years ago from an audiophile and when tested I found it true, was with a GOOD high end system you should be able to turn it up loud, speak at a normal level and still be understood.

I said audiophile, not pedo.
    DCI and Honkey_Kong like this.

DCI
    A sort of rule of thumb I learned many years ago from an audiophile and when tested I found it true, was with a GOOD high end system you should be able to turn it up loud, speak at a normal level and still be understood.

Exactly I've been to the expos, the real money is in power cables and interconnects and speaker cable. For normal enough listening these 100k plus systems are a great piece of art etc to dhow off but are they leaps and bounds above a 10k system jurys still out imo

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

What?
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    What?
    Your just upset because I said it before you.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts

Your just upset because I said it before you.
    I installed a 90" TV and 3 45" tv's above it for a client. He had 2 speakers worth $45,000ea..... They were shaped like a snail shell..... Custom made. They sounded amazing..... But not worth $90,000 IMO.

The funny part was 3 of the comes we're mashed in. I asked him what happened and he said he was having a birthday party for his son and the kids came into that room and were pushing them in with their fingers ahaha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Reccommend TV-image-1321092080.jpg   Reccommend TV-image-3993602378.jpg  
    DCI likes this.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

DCI
    Dust covers are grand to be damaged once you don't break the face nornally you are ok. Check out Linn, bower and wilkins nautilius series if you wanna look at mad speakers. Anyone ever listen to electrostatic speaker?

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    I have a pair of 18 inch studio monitors that I have connected to my tv as well as other stuff. Costs me 250 and it sounds mint

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I installed a 90" TV and 3 45" tv's above it for a client. He had 2 speakers worth $45,000ea..... They were shaped like a snail shell..... Custom made. They sounded amazing..... But not worth $90,000 IMO.

The funny part was 3 of the comes we're mashed in. I asked him what happened and he said he was having a birthday party for his son and the kids came into that room and were pushing them in with their fingers ahaha
    If that was me I would probably be in jail for child abuse because they would go home with broken fingers. lol

All that money and he couldn't afford grills?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information