Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Anyone ever own a Cane Corso

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    Gun powder!?! WTF for!?!? Someone should feed that dipshit trainer some gun powder and see how he likes it!!!!!

I would imagine it would go somehting like this......

Yo nigga my pitt be on some real shit eatin ak47 bullets......ya feel me

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Been looking at the Mastiff. Damn that dog is like a big bear!!!! I like it! Think I may have convinced my HAW that's the dog we need to get!

EasyDoesIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Been looking at the Mastiff. Damn that dog is like a big bear!!!! I like it! Think I may have convinced my HAW that's the dog we need to get!
    You speaking of the Cane Corso (Italian Mastiff)?
    You might want to look at the different Mastiff breeds such as Spanish Mastiff which is the Presa Canario and it looks like a large Pit Bull on Steroids .
    Bullmastiff which is my fav, great temperament, they were breed to hunt down poachers in England and knock them down but not bite just stand over them and wait for the cops to come. They are strong beasts, but loveable bears.
    The french mastiff is the Turner and Hooch dog and there beautiful, but drool a lot.
    There's more but you can google.
    Last edited by EasyDoesIt; 11-15-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Speaking of bears, here's a great shot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TRR-Photo-Cirino-33-Lrg-Web-709x797.jpg 
Views:	15311 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	146026

Quote Originally Posted by EasyDoesIt
    You speaking of the Cane Corso (Italian Mastiff)?
    You might want to look at the different Mastiff breeds such as Spanish Mastiff which is the Presa Canario and it looks like a large Pit Bull on Steroids .
    Bullmastiff which is my fav, great temperament, they were breed to hunt down poachers in England and knock them down but not bite just stand over them and wait for the cops to come. They are strong beasts, but loveable bears.
    The french mastiff is the Turner and Hooch dog and there beautiful, but drool a lot.
    There's more but you can google.
    Bull Mastiff. I don't want a drooler lol. Looking for a big ass bear of a dog that is good with kids, quiet, intimidating as hell and packs a punch when he needs to!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk

Bull Mastiff. I don't want a drooler lol. Looking for a big ass bear of a dog that is good with kids, quiet, intimidating as hell and packs a punch when he needs to!!!!
    EDIT.....

I read that the bull mastiff can grow to about 260lbs. Yeahhhhh buddy!!!! Lol

EDIT.....

I read that the bull mastiff can grow to about 260lbs. Yeahhhhh buddy!!!! Lol
    My Bullmastiff never drooled except after drinking water. Some do, the french mastiff does and i think the english mastiff does.
    Male Bullmastiff's average around 135 to 180 or so. They have broad shoulders thick muscled and can hold there own. They are good with kids, but they are intimidating looking. They really should not be fixed for a minimum of 1 to 2 years to get proper growth and to blow that big rock head of there's out. They are great dogs!!! Google bullmastiff breeders and you will probably see the top of the line and what they should look like. They are more muscular looking than an English Mastiff. English Mastiff's can get up to 270lbs, but that is not typical. When you get into a dog like the bullmastiff and they weigh anywhere from 120lbs and up there so strong i don't know if i would want one bigger than 150lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyDoesIt
    My Bullmastiff never drooled except after drinking water. Some do, the french mastiff does and i think the english mastiff does.
    Male Bullmastiff's average around 135 to 180 or so. They have broad shoulders thick muscled and can hold there own. They are good with kids, but they are intimidating looking. They really should not be fixed for a minimum of 1 to 2 years to get proper growth and to blow that big rock head of there's out. They are great dogs!!! Google bullmastiff breeders and you will probably see the top of the line and what they should look like. They are more muscular looking than an English Mastiff. English Mastiff's can get up to 270lbs, but that is not typical. When you get into a dog like the bullmastiff and they weigh anywhere from 120lbs and up there so strong i don't know if i would want one bigger than 150lbs.
    Good info. Thanks buddy. Ya, I can't imagine a 200+ lb dog in my house. We have room, but still....that's a beast lol

I like what I read about temperament and that they don't bark much. My last dogs were two Jack Russells. Cute dogs but never would shut the fvck up!!!!.

I like what I read about temperament and that they don't bark much. My last dogs were two Jack Russells. Cute dogs but never would shut the fvck up!!!!.
    No they don't bark muck, but when they do if someone is outside ur house, they won't want to find out what's barking. There very confident and not needy. I would walk mine and as usual the other dogs would bark and go nuts. Mine wouldn't even care, sometimes he would look at me like are they kidding. I'm going to have another at some point.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Good info. Thanks buddy. Ya, I can't imagine a 200+ lb dog in my house. We have room, but still....that's a beast lol
    Both of ours are in the house the majority of the time.....Roxy doesn't drool much, but Bruiser does occasionally. Both of them do sometimes jump up on our bed(king size) and try to lay down with the wife and I. Anyway we generally have approx 450# of English mastiff hanging out with us.......I have their back though. If they fart, I blame it on the wife.
    EasyDoesIt and Rwy like this.

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyDoesIt View Post
    My dog trainer has a pitt that was trained to fight and they fed it gun powder and whatever else these idiots do, but he takes that dog out with dogs all the time during training sessions with other dogs and never has a problem. But you do need to know what you are doing.
    Fair enough, sounds like it worked for him although he is a dog trainer. I see your point though

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone

Both of ours are in the house the majority of the time.....Roxy doesn't drool much, but Bruiser does occasionally. Both of them do sometimes jump up on our bed(king size) and try to lay down with the wife and I. Anyway we generally have approx 450# of English mastiff hanging out with us.......I have their back though. If they fart, I blame it on the wife.
    My wife is searching the Internet already looking for English Mastiff breeders. Lol

Best of luck! She may want to hit the mastiff.org site also. Hope you guys find the perfect addition to your family.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    Best of luck! She may want to hit the mastiff.org site also. Hope you guys find the perfect addition to your family.
    Thanks. She's going crazy over the puppies.

Any preference over male vs. female for training and behaviors?

No sir, I haven't noticed any difference based on sex.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    You both make some strong points here, but I'm of the belief that upbringing, love, nuturing, etc. are greater than genetic predisposition. And while I know my own experience doesn't define the breed as a whole, add me to the list of people who had a pit for nearly 14 years he never once - and I quite literally mean NEVER ONCE - not for a single second - showed aggression toward any human.

To clarify the above, he wasn't aggressive toward animals either, but we did have an incident at a dog park once (which wasn't particularly aggression), so I won't make that same claim as it relates to other animals.
    Yes i found that a lot of TLC and not exposing them to craziness and dog parks where there are untrained dogs and humans makes a big difference. If you place them in situations that give them no option but to be defensive they will defend or bring out their ability. Seeing things from a dogs perspective and understanding them you can train them easily. Have to gain your dogs trust.

Thanks. She's going crazy over the puppies.

Any preference over male vs. female for training and behaviors?
    Probably not for training, but I would prefer male to female and have had both. The first Rocky movie is what got my attention on the Bullmastiff, (Butkis) if you remember Stallone's dog.

[QUOTE=MuscleInk;6732047]Damn! How much tren these p-bulls on??? Lol

Amazing looking specimens. That may not be to far off, when i lived in LA a guy who repped gear fed his Pit DBOL and he figured it would protect him better and make him feel tougher. Then one day a guy knocked on his door and when he opened it the guy shot him. He of course later said he was mistaken for someone else. After that he stopped juicing and found religion. He was an idiot from the hood. Pits have such amazing genetics to develop and retain muscle they can lay around all day and grow muscle tissue.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information