Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bonaparte

Thread: Travelling to orlando!

-KJ- is offline Productive Member

Travelling to orlando!

Hey guys,

Looking to book a vacation to Orlando late August / early September of this year.

Just wondering what the weather is like around this time? If there will be much going on?

Plan is to hit up some of the tourist attractions, Kennedy space centre etc...

A trio to Miami also.
    Any advice is appreciated.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by -KJ-
    Hey guys,

Looking to book a vacation to Orlando late August / early September of this year.

Just wondering what the weather is like around this time? If there will be much going on?

Plan is to hit up some of the tourist attractions, Kennedy space centre etc...

A trio to Miami also.
    Any advice is appreciated.
    September is dicey. Depends on tropical depressions moving thru carribean. . Some days the skies opened up and buckets of water for a few minutes. Other times for a couple hours. Other days not a cloud in the ski . Enjoy!!

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Yup thats hurricane season bro. Like GGR said, roll the dice and if you're going to book a vacation, be sure to get travel insurance so if you have to cancel you can be reimbursed on flight hotel rental car etc.

Bert is offline Senior Member
    It's gonna be really hot at that time of year.

king6 II is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AshopRep View Post
    It's gonna be really hot at that time of year.
    Yes, but I hear the Motel 6's in that area have fantastic air conditioners.

Yeah the last time I was there I think it was an August but that was as a kid. I vaguely remember rain 1hr per day really because of the humidity...

The chances of a tropical storm are slim I heard, but there is the possibility.

I will have insurance too.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It'll be hot and humid as hell, and it will pour every day between 2 and 4 pm. No joke.
    evander87 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte
    It'll be hot and humid as hell, and it will pour every day between 2 and 4 pm. No joke.
    cheers Bonaparte..

Yeah I know it's gonna rain, that doesn't bother me. Just want to get over for the sights and a little vacation before I'm back to uni this September.

September is meant to be quiet for tourism around Orlando anyway, so I've heard.

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    It's not rain like most people think of rain the skies open up and can drop inches of water quickly. I was in a grocery store a year ago August and went in it was nice out. Up and down an isle and it's POURING outside. There was well over an inch of standing water in the parking lot I "just" came in from. Finished shopping maybe 20 minutes later and the standing water was gone. I was super lucky on that trip. Hit up Kennedy and was inside various attractions while it rained. If you're military bring your ID there are a ton of places that give military discounts.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    cheers Bonaparte..

Yeah I know it's gonna rain, that doesn't bother me. Just want to get over for the sights and a little vacation before I'm back to uni this September.

September is meant to be quiet for tourism around Orlando anyway, so I've heard.
    True on quite. Rain like in sheets/not drops with little to no warning. At least the rain is warm.

capetown is offline Senior Member
    You will be there just before the snowbirds come in from Canada to spend the winter.

Cheers guys. Yeah from reading the daily "rain showers" and thunder storms are intense but short. Lasting an hour to two hours.

Most people are saying anywhere between 4-6pm. Meaning finish daily activities around that time, go get lunch or dinner, maybe be inside for an attraction and then back out once it stops.

I'm anxious but also very much looking forward to it. The hotel also has a gym :-)

Cheers guys. Yeah from reading the daily "rain showers" and thunder storms are intense but short. Lasting an hour to two hours. Most people are saying anywhere between 4-6pm. Meaning finish daily activities around that time, go get lunch or dinner, maybe be inside for an attraction and then back out once it stops. I'm anxious but also very much looking forward to it. The hotel also has a gym :-)
    It doesn't rain in a gym loll

Bert is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by king6 II View Post
    Yes, but I hear the Motel 6's in that area have fantastic air conditioners.
    Well, if your going to stay in your room all day then I wouldn't worry about it.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Whats really a bummer is when your in line at the amusement park for rides and it opens up and pours and you have to walk around all the rest of the park in soaked clothes. Yep real fun...Not to mention everything else with you soaked as well, bill fold, camera, etc...But you can rent lockers there to keep your stuff in while your there, so eh go for it...Just don't wear underwear that day as they are worse for wear when wet under your pants...

Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va
    Whats really a bummer is when your in line at the amusement park for rides and it opens up and pours and you have to walk around all the rest of the park in soaked clothes. Yep real fun...Not to mention everything else with you soaked as well, bill fold, camera, etc...But you can rent lockers there to keep your stuff in while your there, so eh go for it...Just don't wear underwear that day as they are worse for wear when wet under your pants...
    Cheers sholva,

Yeah I suppose the rain won't 'dampen' my holiday

Sorry had to be done.

I'm looking forward to it.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by -KJ- View Post
    Cheers sholva,

Yeah I suppose the rain won't 'dampen' my holiday

Sorry had to be done.

I'm looking forward to it.
    Hey if you have any time left while down by Miami you might think about driving on down to Key West. It's a fun place to visit. Well I had a great time while there. But be prepared it's an 8 hour drive on down to key west from Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va
    Hey if you have any time left while down by Miami you might think about driving on down to Key West. It's a fun place to visit. Well I had a great time while there. But be prepared it's an 8 hour drive on down to key west from Miami.
    The plan was drive to Miami, and an over night stay. Could drive on down to key west for 1 night but might not be worth it with the drive tine? Thanks for the tip bro

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    Underwear? People actually wear those?

Quote Originally Posted by diesel101
    Underwear? People actually wear those?
    Apparently they do lol

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Wife and I just get it on during the rain. When it ends go out to eat.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Thread Information